Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Argh, still need to get a preorder in!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wish I had the cash to get this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Used a VPN to unlock it through steam. Just hit lv 8. time for a quick break!

Great game so far, its got everything I liked from the 1st... and then some!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,359 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thought I read you could lose your stream account, if you do that

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Grassey wrote: »
    Used a VPN to unlock it through steam. Just hit lv 8. time for a quick break!

Great game so far, its got everything I liked from the 1st... and then some!

Not worried about this?
    Just to warn anyone who may consider activating this tomorrow via VPN, the last time Steam updated their subscriber agreement they added this:
    “You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, we may terminate your access to your Account.”

Think I'll wait the couple of days on this one rather than risking my account.

Jealous, BTW.... can't wait until Friday. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Dunno, I havent heard or read of anyone losing their account from it. From trying to buy cheaper games, yes, but not from accessing a game early they already bought legitimately.

Once it unencrypted and finished downloading the installer I exited steam and have been playing game no problem since about 7.

I thought feck it, I've read reports of loads of users doing the same with no fallout, guess I'll wait and see if anything happens, but I doubt it.

Edit: seeing as I'm not "circumventing geographical restrictions on content, purchasing at pricing etc..." I don't see a problem there. As for "any other purpose..." - does unlocking fall under this... possibly, though as they "may" terminate access I can't see them trying to enforce it, as it's hardly illegal or fraudulent.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Most people playing it now are using tunngle or hamachi and they aint playing legal versions.

im sure some are tho...............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

PC version seems to have fulfilled the 'Love Letter' that they promised. Loads of settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,359 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Question for anyone playing it now on the pc

Are the graphics nice?

PC version seems to have fulfilled the 'Love Letter' that they promised. Loads of settings.

Honestly never cared for that, game ran fine so wasnt bothered with fancy options.

Only thing was telling better guns from **** guns in the UI which is fixed on all formats seemingly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Honestly never cared for that, game ran fine so wasnt bothered with fancy options.

Does anyone remember when most these so called fancy setting were standard on most PC releases?
    If you don't then you would not miss them but if you do.....

:D

tuxy wrote: »
    Does anyone remember when most these so called fancy setting were standard on most PC releases?
    If you don't then you would not miss them but if you do.....

:D

PC game....latest release....running the thing was the biggest challenge. You dont miss anything.

Its the unreal engine 3 with shader effects, any PC gamers PC will chew that **** up. Not arsed about graphics in a decent game.

You become immune to the latest shader defraction dust technique in DX11...or whatever :) once the game runs at the FPS it was made in...noone really cares.

Some do.....but they graphics enthusiasts not games players. im sure they have a score for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Some do.....but they graphics enthusiasts not games players. im sure they have a score for it.

Not sure i'd agree with that. I care about graphics, but am not a graphics enthusiast. I like being able to play a game at max settings on the pc. It's how the developers wanted the game to look for everyone, but weren't able to to it because of hardware constraints. Graphics are not the most important thing...far from it. But it's still nice.

Having these options is great, and it's a shame that it's not standard for games these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I was not just talking about graphics settings. It's nice for developers to consider that someone might like some mouse options while playing on pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Cheapest pre-order I've seen is GMG with digital download - €36 using code GMG20-27J4Z-8NXHO

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

How are amazon with deliveries of pre-orders?
    Am I likely to get the game on Friday or is it more likely I'm looking at next week...trying to manage my expectations before they get to boiling point

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Will i miss anything particularly impressive by not ordering this?

Only about 2 hours into the first game at this stage.

tok9 wrote: »
    Will i miss anything particularly impressive by not ordering this?

You miss out on a class (Mechromancer), and a few items. You can get the class them after launch for a tenner though.
    Includes the following in game content:

Gold Key: Unlock a rare item in the mysterious Sanctuary Loot Chest
    Vault Hunter’s Relic: Boost your gear-hunting fortune with the Vault Hunter’s Relic
    Gearbox Gun Pack: Unique Gearbox Golden Guns to help you start your journey on Pandora
    New Character Class: A free download of the all-new Mechromancer character class

Kiith wrote: »
    You miss out on a class (Mechromancer), and a few items. You can get the class them after launch for a tenner though.

hmmm.. since I'll probably buy it soon I might as well get these, anyone know the cheapest for PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Gold Key: Unlock a rare item in the mysterious Sanctuary Loot Chest

I heard about this on Major Nelson's podcast. When you open the chest, you get a rare gun that is suitable for the level you are at. So if you open it when you get to Sanctuary, it will be an early level (which you will outgrow pretty quickly). But if you wait until you're level 10 or 15 or 20 before opening it, the gun's power will be matched to your level. Pretty cool idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

GK1001 wrote: »
    Am I likely to get the game on Friday or is it more likely I'm looking at next week...trying to manage my expectations before they get to boiling point
    Not great. unless you pay for delivery instead of going for SuperSaver Delivery. I tend to get stuff from them on the following Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

tok9 wrote: »
    hmmm.. since I'll probably buy it soon I might as well get these, anyone know the cheapest for PS3?

Try HMV, they're the best atm for buying new games. Tend to be quite a bit cheaper than Smyths and Gamestop.

And yes, you better buy it! :p Must get back to our co-op session too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

GK1001 wrote: »

Not a hope of getting it on release day, you're looking at next Monday at the earliest. Have you tried Gamesnash, very reliable for release day delivery

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Try HMV, they're the best atm for buying new games. Tend to be quite a bit cheaper than Smyths and Gamestop.

And yes, you better buy it! :p Must get back to our co-op session too.

If I get it in HMV I won't bother pre ordering it but ya I agree, they are the cheapest around.

And yes, I wanted to play the other day but you weren't around :( I'll be on tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Cheapest pre-order I've seen is GMG with digital download - €36 using code GMG20-27J4Z-8NXHO

Do you get a steam key with this?

Big Knox wrote: »
    Do you get a steam key with this?

Indeed you do.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just got a final order in there with Get Games Go (€38) and my Steam Key's arrived, so that'll be getting preloaded tonight as soon as I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

My 360 version is in the post. Should have it friday morning. Have a dentist appointment at 10:30, defo gonna need a tooth or 2 pulled, so could end up doing all day session (use up a holiday day, instead of suffering at work) with my mouth full of cotton wool playing this.

Didn't get any codes emailed, I assume that's all in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    Not a hope of getting it on release day, you're looking at next Monday at the earliest. Have you tried Gamesnash, very reliable for release day delivery
    No, this is the first game I've ever pre-ordered, usually just go bricks and mortar. Loved the 1st one and the pre-order pack looked too good to miss. Can't wait to get hold of it but I'll set the expectation level for Friday to very low.

If another title in the future comes up where a pre-order is a must I'll give Gamesnash a go.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    My 360 version is in the post. Should have it friday morning. Have a dentist appointment at 10:30, defo gonna need a tooth or 2 pulled, so could end up doing all day session (use up a holiday day, instead of suffering at work) with my mouth full of cotton wool playing this.

Didn't get any codes emailed, I assume that's all in the box.

Yep comes as an insert with the manual.

Advertisement