Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gamesnash shipped my copy today at 4.30pm. Would be beaming if this arrives tomorrow but if not, I will definitely have it on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Gamestop got mine in the post today too, coming by Nightline hopefully I'll have it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Gamesnash shipped my copy today at 4.30pm. Would be beaming if this arrives tomorrow but if not, I will definitely have it on Friday.

How do you know they shipped it? Did they contact you?

sarumite wrote: »

How do you know they shipped it? Did they contact you?

yeah I got an email saying it was dispatched

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/09/18/game-theory-borderlands-2-fails-to-cross-ove/

Wall Street Journal review saying that Borderlands 2 isn't great and doesn't have enough players in multiplayer like COD!
    Reviewer advises to wait for COD 2:-)

One of the worst missing the point completely reviews I have ever read.....

"At that price point, the first-person shooter, published by 2K Games, inevitably invites comparisons with the Halos and Call of Duty games already out and due to come in the next few weeks and months. Borderlands 2 falls short because it’s missing several key elements you need to have in a 2012 first-person shooter game – most notably, a rich multiplayer online mode. There’s an extremely limited four-player cooperative mode, and if you have an Xbox Live Gold account, you can team up that way, but this isn’t the type of deeply engrossing FPS game the headset-wearing COD crowds gather to play months and months after release. In comparison, I read on several sites that COD: Black Ops 2 will feature up to six teams, for a total of 18 simultaneous players, in multiplayer mode."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

My god that WSJ review is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

yeah I got an email saying it was dispatched

Damn I didn't get an email from gamesnash and I preordered it month ago:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Saw an ad for this tonight on Film 4, looks great.............tempted

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

kevin2800 wrote: »

Did you pay express post?
    I reckon sheehy83 did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

uberpixie wrote: »
    http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/09/18/game-theory-borderlands-2-fails-to-cross-ove/

Wall Street Journal review saying that Borderlands 2 isn't great and doesn't have enough players in multiplayer like COD!

"At that price point, the first-person shooter, published by 2K Games, inevitably invites comparisons with the Halos and Call of Duty games already out and due to come in the next few weeks and months. Borderlands 2 falls short because it’s missing several key elements you need to have in a 2012 first-person shooter game – most notably, a rich multiplayer online mode. There’s an extremely limited four-player cooperative mode, and if you have an Xbox Live Gold account, you can team up that way, but this isn’t the type of deeply engrossing FPS game the headset-wearing COD crowds gather to play months and months after release. In comparison, I read on several sites that COD: Black Ops 2 will feature up to six teams, for a total of 18 simultaneous players, in multiplayer mode."

LMAO...."Borderlands 2’s single-player campaign mode isn’t as good as what you’ll find in games like COD: Black Ops or the Medal of Honor series"

This is pure gold. :D:D

Id love to see this guy get a regular review section on a gamers site. Reviews of games like - "forza 4: while being a technical marvel lacks all the pretty colors of mario cart and due to this lack of imagination I give it 2 out of ten" lol.

edit:just sent the link on to Kotaku tips there, hopefully they pick up on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The comments on the review called it for what it and what the writer was,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Mr E wrote: »
    I heard about this on Major Nelson's podcast. When you open the chest, you get a rare gun that is suitable for the level you are at. So if you open it when you get to Sanctuary, it will be an early level (which you will outgrow pretty quickly). But if you wait until you're level 10 or 15 or 20 before opening it, the gun's power will be matched to your level. Pretty cool idea.

it's only purple though according to the gearbox forums :(
    mine super everything pack has arrived! Only 3 hours on accounting study to do before I can get into it...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That is pure gold!

And the safest thing is that idiot who wrote that is being payed too. I am tempted to send that to TB too.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Just got dispatch email from Gamesnash so should be good to go tomorrow.

Finishing up where i'm working tomorrow for a new job on Monday so I will be bailing early to get home and get stuck into this!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Hi there,

What happens with our dispatching is that we begin packing in advance of the delivery arriving to us. So we have envelopes with packing slips, address labels etc ready to have a game inserted and thrown straight into the postbags. The deliveries themselves can arrive at any time Tues - Thursday for a Friday release depending on the publisher / distributors here. We begin packing in the following order:

1) Express Post Orders - obviously these customers have paid a premium and are therefore prioritised.
    2) Other prioritised orders (for example our Fifa 13 offer here for Boardsies will have priority picking attached to all orders - we also priority pick regular customers orders too as a small way to thank their custom)
    3) Other orders in chronological order.

If they arrive on a Thursday morning most customers won't notice any difference in dispatching as all will be completed same day. However if they arrive late on a Wednesday afternoon which Borderlands 2 did yesterday we will begin packing but the packing / dispatching will be split over 2 days as once our last An Post collection is collected that's it for the day. We will still package them etc it's just the dispatch email won't go out until the following morning as there is no point informing a customer the item has dispatched when it won't be leaving until the following day.

I can only imagine your order wasn't express post as all express post orders shipped but if you want to drop me a PM with your next order number I will have it put on the priority pick list.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That is pure gold!

And the safest thing is that idiot who wrote that is being payed too. I am tempted to send that to TB too.

Looks like he is a responsible parent too.

"I played with my 14-year-old son...."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Mr E wrote: »
    Looks like he is a responsible parent too.

"I played with my 14-year-old son...."

Ya thought the same thing.

Guaranteed he'd be someone who'd write an article about games being too violent then!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Nightline just dropped the game into me now, installing to hdd as I type. No college for me today I think...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

After my last minute order yesterday, it's pre-loaded in Steam now, so that's my Friday night well and truly sorted :D:D:D (Tonight I play Doctor Who RPG)

My copy just arrived from Gamesnash, only ordered on standard post as well, excellent service as usual, thanks Pat!

Very nice cover as well, can't wait to lash into this later!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 stan bowles

My copy just arrived from Gamesnash, only ordered on standard post as well, excellent service as usual, thanks Pat!

Very nice cover as well, can't wait to lash into this later!!
    Did you recieve a 'dispatched' email yesterday or today?

I only got the email this morning but I'm hoping in vain that I might see it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,359 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

anybodies Amazon order ship yet?

Still waiting for mine to ship ffs

Did you recieve a 'dispatched' email yesterday or today?

I only got the email this morning but I'm hoping in vain that I might see it today.

Dispatched email yesterday, I must have been in the first batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 stan bowles

Dispatched email yesterday, I must have been in the first batch.
    Damn, Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Headshot wrote: »
    anybodies Amazon order ship yet?

Still waiting for mine to ship ffs

"Dispatching soon -
    Est. Tuesday 25 Sep 2012 - Wednesday 26 Sep 2012"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

grizzly wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Did you pay for express delivery? Or Super Saver?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Did you pay for express delivery? Or Super Saver?

The cheapest option, so I should maybe withdraw my eye roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

Damn, Thanks!
    Didn't get my copy today even though I was one of first to pre order :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

grizzly wrote: »
    The cheapest option, so I should maybe withdraw my eye roll.

:pac:

There you go then, was only an extra £4 for me to have it for tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Didn't get my copy today even though I was one of first to pre order :confused:

Hi kevin2800

Borderlands 2 arrived in late yesterday afternoon. We only had an hour or so packing before our final An Post collection (and bear in mind Borderlands was not the only title releasing yesterday) The only orders that had time to pack and ship yesterday were priority / express post orders. All the rest were shipped on this mornings collection which is our promised shipping time frame.

As I mentioned earlier please feel free to PMme your next order number and I will make sure you're on the priority pick list. :)

Advertisement