Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Is it possible to buy this on steam for the UK price? It's 37€ in the UK (29.99£) and 50€ here :/

I'd like to save a few bob on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Is it possible to buy this on steam for the UK price? It's 37€ in the UK (29.99£) and 50€ here :/

I'd like to save a few bob on the game.

Nope you cant buy off steam for a different price but you can buy a steam key of other sites for alot less, this is the one i used that cost 37.50 http://www.getgamesgo.com/ think there is one around for 36 but cant remember where

VinLieger wrote: »
    Nope you cant buy off steam for a different price but you can buy a steam key of other sites for alot less, this is the one i used that cost 37.50 http://www.getgamesgo.com/ think there is one around for 36 but cant remember where

Okey dokey, and there will be no issue with doing that? Sorry for the nub questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Okey dokey, and there will be no issue with doing that? Sorry for the nub questions!

Nope its perfectly allright, you buy it from them and then they will email you the product key, then go to steam click on the games tab in the menu bar at the top and select activate a product on steam, enter the key in there and voila

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I used getgamesgo.com for mine, was emailed the CD key in less than 2 minutes and plugged it in last night with absolutely no problems.

CAN NOT WAIT to get stuck into this :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Done, thanks for the advice, I will use those sorts of services in future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

Hi kevin2800

Borderlands 2 arrived in late yesterday afternoon. We only had an hour or so packing before our final An Post collection (and bear in mind Borderlands was not the only title releasing yesterday) The only orders that had time to pack and ship yesterday were priority / express post orders. All the rest were shipped on this mornings collection which is our promised shipping time frame.

As I mentioned earlier please feel free to PMme your next order number and I will make sure you're on the priority pick list. :)

No bother Pat sorry about acting like a diva but I need this game Now LOL:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Is there anyone picking it up in-store tomorrow:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Is there anyone picking it up in-store tomorrow:confused:
    I will be. This and F1. Once I get home from picking it up, I'm installing borderlands and not turning it off untill I leave for work on Monday.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I am so ****ing missed off right now! :mad:

Just went into xtravision to pay off my preorder. First told that they won't know the price until tomorrow. Then told that I didn't order the loot edition, tried to pass the blame back to the person that took the preorder and told me to come back at 5 to talk to the manager!!

Annoyed does not cover it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

My gamestop order just arrived.

****ing delighted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just went into xtravision to pay off my preorder. First told that they won't know the price until tomorrow. Then told that I didn't order the loot edition, tried to pass the blame back to the person that took the preorder and told me to come back at 5 to talk to the manager!!

Crap man, I rang xtravision when loot edition was announced and they told me they won't know the price until the night before it goes on sale. Instantly threw up a red flag, couldn't trust that. You should contact head office about it in case some snake took your loot edition to keep for himself/friend of staff.

sheehy83 wrote: »

Crap man, I rang xtravision when loot edition was announced and they told me they won't know the price until the night before it goes on sale. Instantly threw up a red flag, couldn't trust that. You should contact head office about it in case some snake took your loot edition to keep for himself/friend of staff.

I'm going straight up after work at 5 and by Jesus the manager better have it sorted. Head office will be my next port of call then. God I'm fuming!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just redeemed the other 2 codes i got free with my new gfx card thinking they might be just extra weapons or something but looks like i got 3 full versions of Borderlands 2 :)
    Ive redeemed via geforce.com site,recieved emails containing steam codes for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Dcully wrote: »
    Just redeemed the other 2 codes i got free with my new gfx card thinking they might be just extra weapons or something but looks like i got 3 full versions of Borderlands 2 :)
    Ive redeemed via geforce.com site,recieved emails containing steam codes for the game.

fu Cully fu...

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I always liked you.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Is borderlands 2 any good? I didn't think much of the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DesmondGAF

My gamestop order just arrived.

****ing delighted. :)

Express delivery?

I went with An Post. Hopefully here tomorrow.

Is the Premiere club code in the box, or should I have been emailed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

DesmondGAF wrote: »
    Express delivery?

I went with An Post. Hopefully here tomorrow.

Is the Premiere club code in the box, or should I have been emailed it?

Yeah, express.

And the premiere club code is indeed in the box.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DesmondGAF

Yeah, express.

And the premiere club code is indeed in the box.:)

Grand.

Haha, I didn't go with express as I thought I wouldn't be home today. Plans have changed and I'm now sitting around doing nothing. Fingers crossed An Post deliver tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

justryan wrote: »
    Is borderlands 2 any good? I didn't think much of the first game.

we don't know yet! not able to play until tomorrow when we can activate it.

But why didn't you like borderlands 1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

we don't know yet! not able to play until tomorrow when we can activate it.

But why didn't you like borderlands 1?

I didn't know what to make of it, I like killing scrags though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Played this today, not enough that I can give you a good rundown of it but enough that it has me wanting to buy it!

The intro credits are cool!

Right, apparently a mix up. The Loot editions are still in the UK, delayed for some reason. She'll be ringing me Saturday at some stage with hopefully a "They're arrived" message, if not a when they will arrive message. It's fully paid for (€130) so if they don't have it by next week there'll be war!!

I'm going to be off work sick for the next week anyway after i get the teeth out tomorrow so i'll have loads of time to catch up!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looking at some reviews make me want to play this even more. Looks bloody fantastic. Definitely going to try playing through this in co-op from the start.

Sure sell two of them and you've paid for 50% of the card. That's a pretty sweet deal. Mistake or is that what was supposed to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is f*cking awesome!!! What an intro, brilliant tune as well, even better than the 1st one. Claptrap is just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Anyone else having problems with Greenmangaming site? I've tried a number of credit cards and paypal, and they all just fail (get to verification page but then get error saying payment provider rejected payment). Rang up MBNA and they didn't even see a payment request (and they had the paypal €1.50 activation which I did after the first attempt on GMG).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone else having problems with Greenmangaming site? I've tried a number of credit cards and paypal, and they all just fail (get to verification page but then get error saying payment provider rejected payment). Rang up MBNA and they didn't even see a payment request (and they had the paypal €1.50 activation which I did after the first attempt on GMG).

Cheaper here http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Borderlands-2-3427-38.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Didn't pre order so hopefully will be able to walk in to Xtravision and pick this up.

Advertisement