Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

They seem to have quite a bad reputation...

And their one positive review is very obviously written by whoever runs the site

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

They seem to have quite a bad reputation...

I've never had any problems with them, bought skyrim and the civ v expansion from them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

ShaneU wrote: »
    I've never had any problems with them, bought skyrim and the civ v expansion from them

Well, to be safe what I've ended up doing is buying the boxed game on Amazon for €32 and the Season pass on steam for €30, so €62 altogether (€2 more than MG, €6 more than GP).

(Steam wouldn't let me buy the Season pass as I don't have the main game, so I had to buy it as a gift and leave it in my inventory to open for myself later :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Regret pre ordering it from Amazon, Won't arrive until Tuesday!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

2 hours 16 minutes...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

I am so ****ing missed off right now! :mad:

Just went into xtravision to pay off my preorder. First told that they won't know the price until tomorrow. Then told that I didn't order the loot edition, tried to pass the blame back to the person that took the preorder and told me to come back at 5 to talk to the manager!!

Annoyed does not cover it!!!

ok i got a call from xtra vision to say that they wont have the collectors edition in till next week!!! BUT if i wanted the standard edition(which im not that fussed tbh) i can collect the game tomorrow at a reduced price for the inconvenience

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

dreamers75 wrote: »
    2 hours 16 minutes...........

been playing it for the past 2 days....:O lol

_vti wrote: »
    been playing it for the past 2 days....:O lol

yarrr yah have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Unpacking :D:D

Just remembered to update the graphics drivers there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I have this sitting downstairs; it arrived today. It's taken most of the willpower I have not to play it, but I'm holding out until Sunday, as we've a LAN organised for this, and I want that to be my first experience of the game!

Am I mad?

• Advertisement

I have this sitting downstairs; it arrived today. It's taken most of the willpower I have not to play it, but I'm holding out until Sunday, as we've a LAN organised for this, and I want that to be my first experience of the game!

Am I mad?

Nope stupid is a better word :D play it now with a save then load up a new one for sunday.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

And we're in......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Am I mad?

Nope stupid is a better word :D play it now with a save then load up a new one for sunday.

See, I thought of that, but the jokes and humour are a big part of Borderlands too, I don't want to know everything before the lads on the day.

awwww ports the issue for PC players alone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

awwww ports the issue for PC players alone :(

Wa?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Anyone want to jump into a co-op on steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jimmychad

Right, apparently a mix up. The Loot editions are still in the UK, delayed for some reason. She'll be ringing me Saturday at some stage with hopefully a "They're arrived" message, if not a when they will arrive message. It's fully paid for (€130) so if they don't have it by next week there'll be war!!

I'm going to be off work sick for the next week anyway after i get the teeth out tomorrow so i'll have loads of time to catch up!

Ffs, I was nervous about ordering the loot edition from xtra vision because I thought something like this would happen!

Looks like I'll be renting it until it comes in ! If it even does!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just started on PS3, game was active at 1am (stupid summer).

grizzly wrote: »
    Wa?

Couldnt connect to any game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Played a small bit there. Brilliant so far, wasn't sure if I'd like it.

Was killing some lads and heard one of em say, ''I am the one who knocks''.
    The game is hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Loving it so far, plays even better than 1 IMHO, and the humour has gotten better :D
    Also the golden sniper is pretty decent to start with. The others, not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

My G19 keyboard has a dancing Claptop on the screen. :D:D

IMG_20120921_012748.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It took a considerable effort not to start playing it at midnight last night cause I'd probably be still glued to the screen :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Had a quick game there,excellent so far, the PhysX feature is just glorious.

BTW ive 2 unredeemed steam codes for the game for sale on adverts if anyone is interested.

Must. Not. Read. Other. Posts.

Just got my copy there. Excellent introduction and brilliant song.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Now that the game is out, please use spoiler tags when discussing plot elements.

I'll update thread title and OP, just to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

I just need to avoid all forms of communication until Tuesday... I am seriously tempted to buy a digital copy:P

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just spotted this on the legal discussion forum.

tl;dr version: People who preordered and paid in full (€49.99) are being asked for an extra fiver on collection because Gamestop decided to hike their prices in the meantime.

Pretty dodgy IMO. They should honour the pre-orders at the original price and take the hit. The vast quantity of revenue will come from post-release sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Had to laugh at the start when you are at
    Claptrap's Pad
    and you stop to look at his bed, there are pictures of
    female claptraps on the wall and oil stains on the sheets
    hahahaaha

It's also nice that there are some choices in missions. I won't go into much detail but a fetch quest turned into a 2nd party contacting me wanting the same thing and it turned into a bidding war between the parties upping their reward for you. Have to say, the choice I made probably wasn't the best but it had a hillarious outcome and I spose thats what BL is all about.

Plays the same as BL 1 but with a load of improvements. Definitely worth it if anyone is still on the fence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Gonna pick this up on the way home form college later. What character are people picking?

Advertisement