Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm jealous of y'all that got this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone get it in hmv and did the dlc come with it?

Got it on xbox there and it came on an insert in the box. I think it's just included in all the 1st batch of games shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I now have 3 different DLC things. I hope they don't unbalance the game, or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The 3 Gearbox Guns are ok, but I had ditched them within an hour for better guns. The artifact is useful but its only about +1% item find, finding items isnt a problem for Borderlands. The Golden Key could be slightly unbalanced, since the item you get from the chest is based on the level you open the chest at, but then you could open another chest anywhere and find a purple thats better.

I love those Goliath guys or whatever their names are. When you blast off their head, they go crazy and start leveling up over time. It's really useful to lead them into other bad guys. They clear practically everything out

Oh for anyone that does have it - not a spoiler - but don't forget to spend your Bad Ass tokens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 neumie

Is anyone experiencing excessive texture pop in on the PC version? I know there is the usual bit at the start of a level but for me it happens every time a chest/box opens (on all the items spawned) and even seems to happen a bit as I move around.

All my drivers are up to date and all that good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

That texture thing is something that has carried over from the original

Does anyone agree or even disagree with me about the lack of challenge in the game?

Don't get me wrong, I do like it. The attention to detail,story and characters are very good. But when you go into every fight knowing you will breeze through it, it takes the excitement out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

tuxy wrote: »

Does anyone agree or even disagree with me about the lack of challenge in the game?

Don't get me wrong, I do like it. The attention to detail,story and characters are very good. But when you go into every fight knowing you will breeze through it, it takes the excitement out of it.

That's what i thought when i started the first one. Things change. Things really change.

That's what i thought when i started the first one. Things change. Things really change.

Does the difficulty ramp up significantly in this one? I'm about 8 hours in.
    I had the same problem for the entirety of the original btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Whats everyones weapon of choice? Im wrecking shop with the three way hulk shotgun.

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Whats everyones weapon of choice? Im wrecking shop with the three way hulk shotgun.

I'm using Zero and trying to go the melee route, so it's the sword all the way. Using invisibility is vital with it though, no chance otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well played just a bit today. was jumping between eve online and borderlands :o

love it so far. its like borderlads 1.5, but not in the bad way, but in very good way.
    will give it a go again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I'm using Zero and trying to go the melee route, so it's the sword all the way. Using invisibility is vital with it though, no chance otherwise.

How does that work? Do swords drop as well or is the damage based on something? Sounds like a fun way to play!

How does that work? Do swords drop as well or is the damage based on something? Sounds like a fun way to play!

No, it's your melee attack so you can wield a gun as well (I'm just trying not to use it). While invisible your melee damage goes up by 650% at the start and increases as you stay invisible for longer (at the cost of a longer cooldown time). By putting points into the Bloodshed skilltree you can really ramp up your melee power and get bonuses for attacking from behind and stuff.

Update: Tundra Express area seems to be reasonably challenging. I'm level 16 and finally this game seems to be starting :)

It's not feeling like a sequel yet. I mean I loved the first one so much that I'm not bothered, at the moment, it's early days. I'm going the Melee route with Zero, too. Melee seems more effective in this, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Loving this, its borderlands 1 with everything fixed and new improved ****.

Have to go DMZ to play as my router is a retard :(

that annoyed me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

getting massive disconnect errors :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

getting massive disconnect errors :(

Steam is currently doing routine maintenance. They announced it yesterday.

Used my Gold Key by accident, as the skin hadn't loaded on the skull crate, and I thought it was just a white crate. Saaaake.

Got two revolvers. Gave one to the missus.

Neeeeeever gonna use it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Annnnd anyone who playing during the Steam maintenance may have noticed that logging back in results in your game rewound about 2 hours :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

anyone else have an issue with using mousewheel up/down to change between weapons?

when i do it, my weapon always reverts back to the same weapon. e.g. he goes to swap the weapon, but the same one appears.
    ive got two diff ones equipped btw....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Grayditch wrote: »
    Used my Gold Key by accident, as the skin hadn't loaded on the skull crate, and I thought it was just a white crate. Saaaake.

Neeeeeever gonna use it.

Did the exact same thing. I *actually* looked like a rage comic
    Deano7788 wrote: »

Playing Maya like a gunzerker. Her phaselock is better than I thought it would be, but had stockpiled 4 skill points before I decided what to spend them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

anyone else have an issue with using mousewheel up/down to change between weapons?

when i do it, my weapon always reverts back to the same weapon. e.g. he goes to swap the weapon, but the same one appears.
    ive got two diff ones equipped btw....

Could be the mouse-wheel sensitivity is way high in BL2, so when you try switch it skips 2 instead and back to the first weapon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Neeeeeever gonna use it.

Not sure about pc, but on xbox if you go into the extras on the main menu there is an option to sign up for Gearbox Shift, doing so will give you customisation stuff and an extra key ;)

calex71 wrote: »

Neeeeeever gonna use it.

Not sure about pc, but on xbox if you go into the extras on the main menu there is an option to sign up for Gearbox Shift, doing so will give you customisation stuff and an extra key ;)

On PS3,I'll give that a go cheers. I was looking forward to keeping it until a much later level.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Right, loot edition arrived. Few pics while I wait for the install to complete.

The box:
    [img][/img]http://imageshack.us/a/img221/2848/20120922121942.jpg

Bottom of the box:
    [img][/img]http://imageshack.us/a/img208/406/20120922122100.jpg

The inside boxes:
    [img][/img]http://imageshack.us/a/img38/5589/20120922122047.jpg

Everything!!!
    [img][/img]http://imageshack.us/a/img163/4154/20120922122710.jpg

You get the original case and the metal case separate?!

Anyway, install complete, see ye in a few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Meatwad wrote: »
    As far as I know that's the way the saves work. So don't quit a game in the middle of a mission or you're just back to the start again.Finding it very annoying.
    Really trying to like this game but it just feels really bland or something...can't put my fihger on it.It looks good and plays well but its just not as good as I think people have made it out to be.Will give it a few more go's and hopefully will start to get into it a bit more.
    Is anyone finding that there is no challenge in this game? Difficulty level seems to be set for people who never play first person shooters.
    They did a great job on mouse control for the pc version so maybe the difficulty is designed for joypads and there is no way to change it.

Play on a harder difficulty. It is so much more fun when you are constantly scared of everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Right, loot edition arrived. Few pics while I wait for the install to complete.

The box:
    [img][/img]http://imageshack.us/a/img221/2848/20120922121942.jpg

Bottom of the box:
    [img][/img]http://imageshack.us/a/img208/406/20120922122100.jpg

The inside boxes:
    [img][/img]http://imageshack.us/a/img38/5589/20120922122047.jpg

Everything!!!
    [img][/img]http://imageshack.us/a/img163/4154/20120922122710.jpg

You get the original case and the metal case separate?!

Anyway, install complete, see ye in a few days!

:eek: The box is nearly the same size as the one the Rockband stuff comes in , looks like a find haul of goodies indeed .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's actually smaller than I was expecting. But definitely one of the better special editionsnive got. The bobblehead Marcus is good solid quality, and the cloth map is savage. The loot chest itself feels cheap, but I wasn't expecting much else. The extras are pretty cool too, but haven't had time to read everything yet.

Advertisement