Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Grayditch wrote: »
    Used my Gold Key by accident, as the skin hadn't loaded on the skull crate, and I thought it was just a white crate. Saaaake.

Got two revolvers. Gave one to the missus.

Neeeeeever gonna use it.

Did the same, wandering round Sanctuary and "oh a chest....*opens*...wait a minu...NONONONO". Got a purple rocket launcher......so now 700 creds richer...yay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

My Commando is kitted out to the max for the next few levels at least, got a purple shotgun that fires 3 shells at once but they come out as 3 balls of lava that set everything on fire, I can one-shot a Nomad with it, found a purple pistol aswell that works like the Needler in Halo but way faster and with massive corrosive damage, it has a scope and its better than my sniper rifle and a scoped purple assault rifle that burst fires half the clip in a millisecond, Im just slaughtering everything around me. The weapons in this are amazing this time around. Also my shield gives anyone who gets too close a massive electric shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Play on a harder difficulty. It is so much more fun when you are constantly scared of everything!

The original had no difficulty settings and I figured this was the same. Great to see they changed that but where is the option?

I'm playing as a siren. It's tonnes of fun so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What are your favourite NPC comments so far?

Don't think it's necessary to spoiler these, but just in case...

Mine are:
    Psychos:
    "Nobody gets to kill my friends but me!"
    and
    "Hey, I was going to kill him!"

One character as he was dying:
    "Please... don't loot... my stuff!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Not really NPC but one piece of Claptrap dialogue
    for his first mission in Sanctuary, he has a hidden stash and gives you a long ass list of objectives like "Get me 139,337 brown rocks, kill the Skag king, recover the Paliras Staff" and such that gets erased with "Find the stash" which is 10 feet behind you. And then Claptraps description "it means you can swap items with some of my other minions....which you also control....ok its just a way to twink your characters, alright!"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thargor wrote: »
    My Commando is kitted out to the max for the next few levels at least, got a purple shotgun that fires 3 shells at once but they come out as 3 balls of lava that set everything on fire,

Nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

how the heck do you change difficulty?

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Not really NPC but one piece of Claptrap dialogue
    for his first mission in Sanctuary, he has a hidden stash and gives you a long ass list of objectives like "Get me 139,337 brown rocks, kill the Skag king, recover the Paliras Staff" and such that gets erased with "Find the stash" which is 10 feet behind you. And then Claptraps description "it means you can swap items with some of my other minions....which you also control....ok its just a way to twink your characters, alright!"
    What did Claptrap mean by that? Can you have a Siren, Commando and errr other guy running at the same time or something? Im asking about single player only.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You can store weapons that can be used by other characters (assuming they are at the required level to use it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

tuxy wrote: »
    The original had no difficulty settings and I figured this was the same. Great to see they changed that but where is the option?

There is no difficulty settings. I found it hard going. Don't see how anybody can say its not challenging.

cursai wrote: »
    There is no difficulty settings. I found it hard going. Don't see how anybody can say its not challenging.

CrazyRabbit was pulling my leg..... why? :confused:

Are you playing on pc? Aiming with a mouse, it's really easy to just constantly get crits taking enemys down fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just got a gun from fellow vault hunter Michael Mamaril, the BL 1 fan that died of cancer. Fairly cool tribute by Gearbox.

If anyone missed him, he is in
    Sanctuary

After hearing from people who used the golden key by accident, I'm definitely gonna wait a while to use it.

Mr E wrote: »
    You can store weapons that can be used by other characters (assuming they are at the required level to use it).
    What 'other characters' is what I'm asking though? Other Steam/360 players or other characters Im playing myself? I only play Single Player.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that there are no heads exploding on crit headshots?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i just love the sense of humor in this game. the claptrap secret stash quest was just pure lol.
    It just for trasfering items between your characters!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Worth picking the first up on the cheap to play through before buying this? Is there still a community online?

Thargor wrote: »
    What 'other characters' is what I'm asking though? Other Steam/360 players or other characters Im playing myself? I only play Single Player.

It's for transferring items between your own characters.

Clan war: zafords vs hodunks seems to be bugged
    I sided with zafords and can not turn the mission in :(

tuxy wrote: »
    It's for transferring items between your own characters.
    What does it mean though? Can I change my Level 12 Commando to a Siren right now and carry on playing from where I am in the questline or do I have to start a new game? Seems a bit pointless if the latter...

• Advertisement

jarain wrote: »
    Worth picking the first up on the cheap to play through before buying this? Is there still a community online?
    Definitely, one of my fav games of all time, completely repetitive fetch/kill quests but addictive as crack.

I may have found my favourite gun -
    the AI core gun

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that there are no heads exploding on crit headshots?

I know. I hope they at least have them with explosive rifles.

the AI core gun

I've been playing with it for a while now! Gets repetitive, but it's still fun!!!

Another hilarious Claptrap moment is:
    When he plays 'the new dubstep tune' that he made... :D
    Or randomly beat-boxing when he rolls around sanctuary!

the AI core gun
    It reminds me of the sword in baldurs gate 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I just got a gun from fellow vault hunter Michael Mamaril, the BL 1 fan that died of cancer. Fairly cool tribute by Gearbox.

If anyone missed him, he is in
    Sanctuary

After hearing from people who used the golden key by accident, I'm definitely gonna wait a while to use it.

He moves around a bit and will keep dishing out the guns when you come back to the sanctuary, so far I've got 2 blues and a purple from him :)

As for golden keys, seeing as every one should now have 2 of them I saved and used one and hit the dashboard until I got what I wanted at level 11 saving the other one for much later, the one i got made the assassin quest cake given its bayonet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

What's the craic with the weapons? Redeemed a golden key, got my weapons from the box then saved and quit and went to play again but the weapons I got from the Gold box were gone :/ And yes before you ask I did choose save and quit instead of just quitting. Just happened 2 minutes ago.

Just tried putting the PhysX settings on high (already have everything else maxed). I wasn't expecting much, but my Radeon 7870 seems to have no problem with it, showing nice globs of corrosive material any time I land a hit with my corrosive sniper, or corrosive grenades! :D Delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wing126 wrote: »
    What's the craic with the weapons? Redeemed a golden key, got my weapons from the box then saved and quit and went to play again but the weapons I got from the Gold box were gone :/ And yes before you ask I did choose save and quit instead of just quitting. Just happened 2 minutes ago.

Do you still have the keys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

calex71 wrote: »
    Do you still have the keys?

1 key was used up.

Advertisement