Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Loving it so far, it's very similar to the first game, just tweaked slightly, looks and feels great and is a whole lot of fun to play.

I have a Gunzerker on lvl 12, a Commando on 10 and now a Siren on 8.

Commando's been my fave to play so far followed by the Gunzerker. I played through to completion as Lilith in the first game, but Myra's siren ability doesn't sit as well with me as Lilith's dod, so I'm not enjoying her as much.

Have been multiplaying with friends too all the way which makes it a lot more fun. I leave my game set to "online with friends only" so they can jump in if they fancy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Still only level 9 and trying to do all the sidequests that come my way but having some trouble with Dr. Mercy, tough b*stard!

I died twice fighting flynt. Then after I respawned the 2nd time, I finally killed him by taking potshots from the doorway :o

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I died twice fighting flynt. Then after I respawned the 2nd time, I finally killed him by taking potshots from the doorway :o

Snap. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

That was a long weekend!

Finally have BL2 though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Loving melee / sniper combo. Only level 11 but taking it real slow ensuring I miss nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Shiminay wrote: »

Commando's been my fave to play so far followed by the Gunzerker. I played through to completion as Lilith in the first game, but Myra's siren ability doesn't sit as well with me as Lilith's dod, so I'm not enjoying her as much.

Alley Hoop them to the gunzerkers attack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I like that locker that you can leave items for your other characters. AS IF I DIDN'T NEED TO HOARD ENOUGH FOR ONE!

That guy that hangs around Marcus' store gives you some savage stuff.

Anyone played the slot machines? Spent nearly 5000 trying to get the borderlands signs :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, when you get three Raiders, you might wanna step back from the machine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

BizzyC wrote: »
    Still waiting on my amazon pre-order....

delivery estimate is now the 26th :(

Just got my amazon today in work...man I wish it was 5.30...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

GK1001 wrote: »
    BizzyC wrote: »
    Still waiting on my amazon pre-order....

delivery estimate is now the 26th :(

Just got my amazon today in work...man I wish it was 5.30...

Yeah, got mine from Amazon today too.

What's the deal with installing from a disc? Can you just use the code to download it all from Steam and ignore the disc?

grizzly wrote: »
    Yeah, got mine from Amazon today too.

What's the deal with installing from a disc? Can you just use the code to download it all from Steam and ignore the disc?

yup

but it be faster installing from the disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

grizzly wrote: »
    Have they made comparing guns any easier? I always got confused looking at guns with lower damage but more X7 or whatever (wait, was that multiplier for headshots?! :confused:).

I used to use the price of the gun to decide what I kept.

The x7 (or whatever) multiplyer seemed to apply to shotguns and burst fire weapons.

Example: 25x10 shotgun would fire 10 pellets, each one having a base damage of 25, so a potential base damage of 250 if all pellets hit. That's before elemental effects and the resistances/strengths/weaknesses of the target are taken into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Online does not seem to be working very well for me, Searched for public matches and could only find 4:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Anyone played the slot machines? Spent nearly 5000 trying to get the borderlands signs :o

Me too... spent all the money I had (a little over $10,000)! Twice I got 2 vault signs and off by 1 in the third (bandit)... Got a bunch of weapons, but none were great, sold them all.

What I did get lots of on the other hand was Eridium! Very nice! Got double Eridium once even, which at my level (13) is a bid deal.
    Grayditch wrote: »
    Yeah, when you get three Raiders, you might wanna step back from the machine :)

Boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Me too... spent all the money I had (a little over $10,000)! Twice I got 2 vault signs and off by 1 in the third (bandit)... Got a bunch of weapons, but none were great, sold them all.

What I did get lots of on the other hand was Eridium! Very nice! Got double Eridium once even, which at my level (13) is a bid deal.

Boom!

Didn't know you could win Eridium on the slots. I must revisit!!

FYI for newer players or those not familiar with Borderlands 1: Using the right weapon and the right elemental type is very important against some enemies. Badass mobs for example can be killed much more easily with a Fire type shotgun to the face at close range. You can kill them in about 3-4 shots usually. Compare this is several hundred bullets for other guns.

Remember...electrical guns destroy shields, fire guns destroys HP, corrosive destroys armor and slag makes mobs vulnerable to all other weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Storyline is a lot better than 1 already. Some of the weapons and grenade mods are just nuts. I got a grenade mod, that seeks mobs, explodes, splits into 8, then explodes again.

The side quests are good also, and the characters you meet along the way, I dont want to drop any spoliers so wont go into any detail. But so far, thoroughly enjoying the experience.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Had hoped to pick it up tonight, but i've to wait till i get paid tomorrow :(

I want to shoot things already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I was playing the slots in an open public game. Some dude comes online, stands behind me and then just steals the weapon I won and l logs off. I was a bit slow in accepting it at time. You live and learn.

sarumite wrote: »
    I was playing the slots in an open public game. Some dude comes online, stands behind me and then just steals the weapon I won and l logs off. I was a bit slow in accepting it at time. You live and learn.

Online buddies only :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Right lads, after the Out of Body Experience quest should I
    go for the gun or the shield?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

Where's the best place to pick this up for ps3?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got The Scaling Shotgun earlier, absolute beast of a gun that lobs giant balls of fire, 12 in a round. Killed dr. mercy in no time. Looks absolutely class as well with scope and jaws mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

so glad that I gave this a chance. Hated it at first but stuck it out and am loving it at the moment. Game gets really good once you hit sanctuary.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

SHiFT code for golden key:
    PS3 - 5JKJ3-6TWKS-CSTCT-S3KJJ-FXX3W
    360 - 5JKJ3-6TWSJ-BRXBX-K6JJJ-FXXWB
    PC - KBCJ3-KX9B6-XTBJT-TT33B-C9ZR3

Only 10k of each.
    Got mine, now have another golden key.

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

F1ngers wrote: »

Only 10k of each.

Thanking you kindly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

F1ngers wrote: »

Only 10k of each.

you beauty!!! many thanks for posting this! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Has anyone managed to collect an ultimate edition from xtravision yet? my local one is useless, cant get any information out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Thick As A Brick

Right lads, after the Out of Body Experience quest should I
    go for the gun or the shield?

I'd recommend
    the gun, it's bloody hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

fire like mad, hit reload, throw gun as grenade...
    heh heh heh I didn't think I'd like Tediore guns because of this but they're epic!
    (and it's pretty decent stats for early on)
    Be warned though if you fire one round and toss the gun you lose the remainder of the ammo clip too :(

The first 3 areas I found a bit tedious but starting to get into it now.

Advertisement