Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Man oh man is this game one of the funniest ever made,
    just did the Claptrap Birthday Party mission, two of the most akward minutes there is in gaming.

Also,
    found the Irish pub, ince there seems to be one not only in every country on Earth but one on every planet now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Has anyone managed to collect an ultimate edition from xtravision yet? my local one is useless, cant get any information out of them.

I got it on the day of launch, but it didn't arrive 'til around 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Thick As A Brick

fire like mad, hit reload, throw gun as grenade...
    heh heh heh I didn't think I'd like Tediore guns because of this but they're epic!
    (and it's pretty decent stats for early on)
    Be warned though if you fire one round and toss the gun you lose the remainder of the ammo clip too :(

The first 3 areas I found a bit tedious but starting to get into it now.

If you fire one bullet and reload, the resulting explosion is bigger than reloading an empty clip.

Ditched the Assasin at level 13. Started Gunzerker, and MUCH prefer it, for my style of play.

Moving consoles can lose you whatever BADASS points, but they do carry between your characters on the same system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Currently a lvl 37 zero. Makin it my mission to solo the badass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

This game is hilarious:D

Havea funny pic but cant upload it off mobile. look at the sign on the jax next to incinerator clayton. Obey the rules!!

Anyone else get the
    What does it mean?
    achievement with the
    rather cryptic echo from Claptrap about double rainbows?

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Man oh man is this game one of the funniest ever made,
    just did the Claptrap Birthday Party mission, two of the most akward minutes there is in gaming.

Ha.
    I danced around just in case I somehow failed the mission when two minutes were up

Anyone else get the
    What does it mean?
    achievement with the
    rather cryptic echo from Claptrap about double rainbows?
    Aye you jump from thecannon down to tents after you test a shield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone else spot the barrels of gamerson whiskey floating around the waters of southern shelf :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Has anyone managed to collect an ultimate edition from xtravision yet? my local one is useless, cant get any information out of them.

Mine turned up on the Saturday afternoon, but she did mention something about them getting 2 and having 5 pre-ordered... I also paid for mine in full on the Friday so i had excellent ammo should i have needed to go with a complaint.

Again though, has anyone come across exploding heads yet? I'm really really missing them from the game. The death cries are fun and all, but i prefer me some exploding heads! Makes headshots more fun.

Also, playing as Axton, level 15 now, and god help me but i just cannot get a decent auto-rife, been using a fires-as-fast-as-you-can-pull-the-trigger rifle for a while now, and it only carries 15 rounds per mag. Getting annoying.

Mine turned up on the Saturday afternoon, but she did mention something about them getting 2 and having 5 pre-ordered... I also paid for mine in full on the Friday so i had excellent ammo should i have needed to go with a complaint.

Again though, has anyone come across exploding heads yet? I'm really really missing them from the game. The death cries are fun and all, but i prefer me some exploding heads! Makes headshots more fun.

I'm pretty sure I seen me some splattery headsots, I was using a corrosive sniper rifle though so I cant be sure, so many pretty colours.

Got a few exploding heads with close range shotgun shots.

Maybe the sniper shot needs to be excessive, points wise, to explode a head, I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Still playing 2 characters at the same time :D

Some good games tonight, have a video of Shimany driving over the ramp at the southern shelf the video picks up from around the 4th attempt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nunchuks

i've gotten 2 gatling guns so far and a load of automatic assault rifles and im only level 12. strangely enough im playing as the sniper and have been fairly short on sniper rifles though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Just got my first caustic gun, a mile off my old favorite Pestilent Defiler, but it'll do the job against the mechs that I've just encountered for the first time... which, I have no shame in saying I ran through that entire section just to get away from them.

Have a sneaking suspicion that my character will be slightly underpowered in the next area due to my cowardice :p

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Just got my first caustic gun, a mile off my old favorite Pestilent Defiler, but it'll do the job against the mechs that I've just encountered for the first time... which, I have no shame in saying I ran through that entire section just to get away from them.

Have a sneaking suspicion that my character will be slightly underpowered in the next area due to my cowardice :p

Go huntin and level up.

Anyone else do the mission for Tannis
    where you deliver the pizza to the sewers
    I was too busy fighting to spot the reference which I should have got when I arrived there with a
    pizza, d'uh calex :D the guys names are don, mike, leo and raph........ if you get the switches puzzle you spawn a guy called Flinter
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ok, maddest thing I have heard so far in the game. This was screamed at me by an attacking Flaming Psycho.
    I'm gonna wear your face like a condom!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Burn the volleyball net lol! And the quote the NPC says when you hand that quest in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

calex71 wrote: »
    Anyone else do the mission for Tannis
    where you deliver the pizza to the sewers
    I was too busy fighting to spot the reference which I should have got when I arrived there with a
    pizza, d'uh calex :D the guys names are don, mike, leo and raph........ if you get the switches puzzle you spawn a guy called Flinter
    :D

The pizza has a QR barcode that is scannable, actually all QR barcodes i found in the game are scannable.

But the Pizza stays at Moxxis and other places

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Got it last night, played a few hours as Zero....
    This game is too much fun

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Ok, maddest thing I have heard so far in the game. This was screamed at me by an attacking Flaming Psycho.
    I'm gonna wear your face like a condom!!!

I know you joined my game last night. I was trying to get my headphones working and you dropped off again, sorry! Where was that audio log for that mission? I couldn't find it!
    Thargor wrote: »
    Burn the volleyball net lol! And the quote the NPC says when you hand that quest in...

Surreal mission (and pretty tough too). Now kill the three shirtless dudes. :o

I heart Tina !!!!!! She's brilliant, some of the funniest stuff yet !!!!!! When you
    derail the train
    she says "I got wood" :D

Mr E wrote: »
    I know you joined my game last night. I was trying to get my headphones working and you dropped off again, sorry! Where was that audio log for that mission? I couldn't find it!

It was up on top of the strut supporting the 2 large pipes. On the side of the one nearest the ice wall. You get up there on the crates.

Took me ages to find it.

So when I joined you and saw you driving around under it, I thought you might be having the same trouble I had, so I thought I'd just go get it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Got it last night and played an hour or two (after failing miserably for a couple of hours trying to get a 3-player game going), good fun, and right back into the spirit of BL1. Playing as an assassin, have only spent 1 point yet. Think I'm going the sniper route initially, which makes more sense in these massive environments :D

Enjoyable stuff, sadly have to turn off physx and ambient occlusion to get framerates higher than 30ish. They'd be playable, but the difference in a fight is quite annoying. Mid to high 50s with those off.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    It was up on top of the strut supporting the 2 large pipes. On the side of the one nearest the ice wall. You get up there on the crates.

Took me ages to find it.

So when I joined you and saw you driving around under it, I thought you might be having the same trouble I had, so I thought I'd just go get it for you.

Cheers. The first one was a bitch to find too. I looked in every nook and cranny of that area (I thought when I found the ladder up to the boat that I'd finally found it, but no such luck). It was only when I climbed the ladder half way and looked around that I spotted it. Only took me 15 minutes. :o

Mr E wrote: »
    Cheers. The first one was a bitch to find too.

I spotted the 1st one purely by chance. That one on the pipes though, I ran past it about 10 times.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Still playing 2 characters at the same time :D

Some good games tonight, have a video of Shimany driving over the ramp at the southern shelf the video picks up from around the 4th attempt :D

Ah, so that other player was you :D Yea, I dunno what was wrong, must've been drunk driving or something, could not drive straight last night :D Good fun was had though gg :)

• Advertisement

Tina is excellent. This game is just packed full of such excellent quotes.

Advertisement