Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Thargor wrote: »
    How do I use them on a single player 360 thats never been connected to the internet or is it possible?

Afaik you do need an active internet connection to claim reward.
    calex71 wrote:
    On my 1st character I was 10 hours before I got there, on my second one when I knew where everything was and not wandering off to look in every corner, I got there in 3:30 or so.

It's a large area ain't it... took me a few hours to clear one small section so I'd say 10hours+ may be right. I initially thought that it was near the start so was going to get there then go to bed. Thankfully I went to bed when I did or i'd be still playing now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Mr E wrote: »
    I opened my chest last night (hoping for something nice and corrosive) and just got some poxy purple grenades. I'm a flippin' assassin. Pfft.

I received two class mods, one for an assassin and one for a siren.

I'm a gunzerker :(

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

I received two class mods, one for an assassin and one for a siren.

I'm a gunzerker :(

Can you not just open the chest and if you don't like what you see turn off the console and go again or does it do an auto-save when you open the chest?

I'm just after getting to Sanctuary with my Lvl 8 Gunzerker. Only getting to get an hour in here and there which is frustrating.

I'm still using the rare corrosive pistol I got in Claptraps place at the very beginning. I thought I got this because of the premium club or having played BL1 but the bro said he didn't get one yet and he's lvl 12. Did I just get lucky with getting a rare at the beginning?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It autosaves when you open it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

have to love some of the sound bites...'look at me when im charging you' lol:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Minecraft skin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Minecraft skin :D

I
    got blown up by the creepers there
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Went for Zero on my first playthrough, I'm not too happy with the class tbh but I've put too much time into the character to just give up and start new. When I played through BL1 I used Roland for his turret for distraction, Ammo regen and Magazine Perks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Went for Zero on my first playthrough, I'm not too happy with the class tbh but I've put too much time into the character to just give up and start new. When I played through BL1 I used Roland for his turret for distraction, Ammo regen and Magazine Perks.
    Stick with it zero is boss. My melee criticals while ghost do like 30k damage and killing regens my ghost. Also when my ghost goes it gives off a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Whats the biggest magazine size anyone has gotten? Just got an AR with a base mag of 193!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

uhhh found a bug with game saves, i cant continue my 2nd character from his mission i have to start at mission1.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

♥♥♥♥ I just met Tiny Tina. ♥♥♥♥♥

Wow some shockers in the later stages :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Mr E wrote: »
    ♥♥♥♥ I just met Tiny Tina. ♥♥♥♥♥

Wait til you meet Face McShooty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

calex71 wrote: »
    Wow some shockers in the later stages :eek:
    You not on a second playthrough?? The sanctuary stage hit me as i played as the spy in bl1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Wait til you meet Face McShooty :D
    One of the real LOL moments of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It pays to talk.

Level 14 Commando and just finished rescuing
    Roland
    so went back to Sanctuary. Went into Marcus for some ammo and just as I went to leave, noticed someone else talking to Marcus. I largely just ignore NPCs, especially if they're just standing there, but said I'd talk to him anyway.

Motherf*cker gave me an amazing electric sniper rifle for no reason. Legend.

Penn wrote: »
    It pays to talk.

Level 14 Commando and just finished rescuing
    Roland
    so went back to Sanctuary. Went into Marcus for some ammo and just as I went to leave, noticed someone else talking to Marcus. I largely just ignore NPCs, especially if they're just standing there, but said I'd talk to him anyway.

Motherf*cker gave me an amazing electric sniper rifle for no reason. Legend.

Was it Michael Mamaril? You should have got an achievement if it was, google his name.

calex71 wrote: »
    Was it Michael Mamaril? You should have got an achievement if it was, google his name.

That's him alright, and now that you mention it, I did get a trophy. Didn't even notice his name pop up when I saw him in the shop. That's awesome though. Fair play to Gearbox for doing that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

That's him alright, and now that you mention it, I did get a trophy. Didn't even notice his name pop up when I saw him in the shop. That's awesome though. Fair play to Gearbox for doing that.

Talk to him again after you do some more missions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

On that topic, He was bugged on consoles to have a 100% spawn rate
    before sanctuary moves
    compared to the 10% spawn rate on pc.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Talk to him again after you do some more missions.

Yeah I was going to make a plan of talking to him each time I level up.

Also, I finally remembered to redeem my code for the Premium club thing and got the key for the chest in Sanctuary. However, just before I went to open it it said that the higher your level, the better the reward.

Currently Level 14. Is there any point opening it now or am I better off waiting? I just feel like by the time I'm about Level 40 I'll pretty much already be good enough and have good enough weapons that whatever the reward is might be good, but unnecessary, but a great weapon now while I'm still at a lower level would be more of an advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Yeah I was going to make a plan of talking to him each time I level up.

Also, I finally remembered to redeem my code for the Premium club thing and got the key for the chest in Sanctuary. However, just before I went to open it it said that the higher your level, the better the reward.

Currently Level 14. Is there any point opening it now or am I better off waiting? I just feel like by the time I'm about Level 40 I'll pretty much already be good enough and have good enough weapons that whatever the reward is might be good, but unnecessary, but a great weapon now while I'm still at a lower level would be more of an advantage.

You might not even get a weapon you use, I used 1 key and got a rocket launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Anyone wrote: »
    You might not even get a weapon you use, I used 1 key and got a rocket launcher.

I got a crazy powerful fire SMG, and an explosive Assault Rifle. I was level 5 or less when I opened it.

Level 18 now, and still using the SMG. So I did ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I used one of my keys up last night. Got a Slag SMG and a powerful Shotgun, when paired together with the Gunzerker, are pretty insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

I still have 1 key left, but I am in no rush to use it. I'm not struggling to kill stuff atm, so I dont see the point wasting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I read about the chest but by time I got to sancturary I had completely forgotten about it as I was in a "open everything I can find" mode. Only realised my mistake after it had opened.
    Level 14 assasin when I did and got what I thought was a shotgun but it more or less acts like a grenade launcher that fires flaming balls. Also in there was good sniper rifle but fires in burst when zoomed (not a fan of this) and also has incendiary properties.

What is everyones favourite shield? Have one at present that hurts any melee attackers with corrosive blast but it seems quite weak.

The easter eggs in this game just keep coming, yesterday in Lynchwood in the mission where
    you have to take out the sheriff and her posse, there is an optional objective not to shoot the deputy
    :D

It's crazy in terms of weapons, I'm playing as salvador but using mostly sniper rifles , not because I fight from range but because the corrosive and shock pair I have are just so much better than any assault rifle I've found in my game both have 30 round clips and decent fire rate and low recoil and 100% stable down the scope, combined in gunzerk they make armour and shielded enemies drop like flies

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Michael Mamaril - sound lad, alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Random moment, had the game paused while talking to a friend and after a minute or so Axton starts going "Knew a guy once, shot himself in the foor to alleviate boredom one time, wonder why that comes to mind now?"

Another funny moment
    Scooters poem...and the response
    :pac:

Advertisement