Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Anyone on PS3 near level 35 want to co-op the Hyperian Slaughter: Round 5.
    It is tough as nails and doing my head in.
    I got as far as round 4 - last enemy was in his base and wouldn't come out. Couldn't kill him to trigger next round.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jesus, looking at the Mechromancer skill tree really makes it look like it would be stupidly easy. Probably fun with the giant robot, but seems kind of OP. Will give it a shot at some stage to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

F1ngers wrote: »
    Anyone on PS3 near level 35 want to co-op the Hyperian Slaughter: Round 5.
    It is tough as nails and doing my head in.
    I got as far as round 4 - last enemy was in his base and wouldn't come out. Couldn't kill him to trigger next round.

I fell off the side and got stuck on a piece of metal in round 1 :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I fell off the side and got stuck on a piece of metal in round 1 :confused:

I got stuck too, couldn't get out - had to restart.

Anyway, got it done - last level was fairly easy I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mechromancer is there now, apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Othe soundrack of the damn game i am really interested dows not come in with collectors edition.... FFS!!!

Beware the October 9th Patch and DLC (Giant Bomb)
    A friend of mine downloaded the character and the patch and just had his badass rank reset. This particular glitch isn't exactly new, but it seems the new patch and/or DLC might be another trigger for it. After investigating the official forums it would seem he got off lucky. People are reporting losing not just badass ranks, but skins, heads, golden keys, and even their actual character saves. There are also reports of character saves getting corrupted.

No word on how widespread this issue is but I just thought I should get this info out there for anyone playing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

anybody having trouble updating this with Steam? didn't think adding a new character would take so long!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

scratch that i just restarted steam as it was downloading at 7kps now its at a healthy 8mbs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The Badass Rank is stored on the Profile Data of PS3, as far a s I know, so keep a back-up of that and your save file.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Well so far, I think the Mechromancer is powerful. Anarchy stacks pretty much allows you to do 'crit-level' damage to any part of the mobs body (when it reaches high levels). Of course, you have to get close to actually hit, so it's a fair trade-off.
    Sniper rifles when zoomed in still have pretty decent accuracy and medium range, and they are naturally powerful anyway. I was killing badass mobs in 2 hits once I got 150 Anarchy stacks!

Fun class so far. Though I seem to go through ammo much more quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

looking forward to trying her out...
    Only problem is that I'm still only lvl 20 with my Zer0.

Dont want to have 2 characters on the go, it'll take me years to finish the main story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Mr E wrote: »

I was playing last night and decided not to download the patch. Glad i didnt now. Anyone have problems with this patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-10-next-borderlands-2-dlc-details-leak-headed-to-oasis

Details of DLC apparently revealed by PS3 trophies added by yesterdays update as well as in its Steam files

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Deano7788 wrote: »
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-10-next-borderlands-2-dlc-details-leak-headed-to-oasis

Details of DLC apparently revealed by PS3 trophies added by yesterdays update as well as in its Steam files

The return of pearlescent weapons?:D

BizzyC wrote: »

Dont want to have 2 characters on the go, it'll take me years to finish the main story

Axton 35
    Salvador 27
    Gaige 22

:o

Not a bad class, powerleveled last night to check out the skill tree. Those would be my favourites in order. Not a fan of Siren or Zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

The return of pearlescent weapons?:D

Is that what they were? i never got any DLC for 1 but some guy gave me the SMG. i later sold it to get the trophy for having 9999999999999 money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is there a single decent assault rifle in this game? I always had a scoped AR with me in 1, probably my favorite weapon class after sniper rifles but in this you have to choose between decent damage but reloading every 3 shots or else good rate of fire but weak as piss, anyone know where theres a decent assault rifle to be had in a mission? Same goes for shotguns actually, Im not using either this time around.

Thargor wrote: »
    Is there a single decent assault rifle in this game? I always had a scoped AR with me in 1, probably my favorite weapon class after sniper rifles but in this you have to choose between decent damage but reloading every 3 shots or else good rate of fire but weak as piss, anyone know where theres a decent assault rifle to be had in a mission? Same goes for shotguns actually, Im not using either this time around.

I havent found one i couldnt find something wrong with yet. Best bet is to trawl the gun vending machines for a decent AR.
    I'm on commando class in this playthrough and i've found i've used pistols and shotguns more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I havent seen a single elemental AR either apart from a crappy explosive one that I couldnt hit anything with because the bullets were so slow, Id love a decent corrosive AR for the robots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,745 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Thargor wrote: »
    I havent seen a single elemental AR either apart from a crappy explosive one that I couldnt hit anything with because the bullets were so slow, Id love a decent corrosive AR for the robots.

Yeah, took a while for me to find any good elemental assault rifles, but even then I mostly thought elemental smgs were better. Less damage, but better fire rate, accuracy and magazine size usually evened it out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got a decent AR from the key chest. It's **** when scoped (as it fires 3 shots in an arc), but when fired from the hip it's decent.

Have 2 AR rifles that do 936 one is caustic and other explosive. For Gunzerking they are immense.

Both gotten from bad ass loaders.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Have 2 AR rifles that do 936 one is caustic and other explosive. For Gunzerking they are immense.

Both gotten from bad ass loaders.

Was playing last night and wishing i'd gone with gunzerker :(

Thanks for the tip about the gun

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hey all, kinda stuck. I'm trying to rescue roland(Not gonna spoil), go into the "dungeon" he's in, the one with the big bridge, fight my way to the room with the whirlpool, fight upstairs, completely clear it, but the door to the next passage is closed and from what I can see cant be opened. When I first went near it a large creep spawned, killed him, then nothing.

What am I missing?

I can't remember if the door opens automatically or not.
    Is there a marker on the map to lead you to a switch?

upstairs is the room with switch, downstairs is the way to his cell.It will open sort off when you get there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ED E wrote: »
    Hey all, kinda stuck. I'm trying to rescue roland(Not gonna spoil), go into the "dungeon" he's in, the one with the big bridge, fight my way to the room with the whirlpool, fight upstairs, completely clear it, but the door to the next passage is closed and from what I can see cant be opened. When I first went near it a large creep spawned, killed him, then nothing.

What am I missing?

That door opens by itself as you clear the room , it's the massive circular one? Was the guy's name
    mad mike
    or similar?
    if he spawned then the door should be open as he comes through it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Info on Kotaku about DLC. New rarity level above orange!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

BizzyC wrote: »
    looking forward to trying her out...
    Only problem is that I'm still only lvl 20 with my Zer0.

Hehe...I've 3 characters that have completed the main story on PT1, and am leveling 2 more. 168 hours played in total so far. Considering I've about 100 hours in Torchlight 2 as well...I may have a gaming addiction.

Such an addictive game.

Advertisement