Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

168 hours played in total so far.

:eek::eek::eek:
    Considering I've about 100 hours in Torchlight 2 as well...I may have a gaming addiction.

Do you think? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

SHOOT ME IN THE FACE, THE FFAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Best mission ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Thargor wrote: »
    Is there a single decent assault rifle in this game? I always had a scoped AR with me in 1, probably my favorite weapon class after sniper rifles but in this you have to choose between decent damage but reloading every 3 shots or else good rate of fire but weak as piss, anyone know where theres a decent assault rifle to be had in a mission? Same goes for shotguns actually, Im not using either this time around.

Try find one with medium fire rate, a decent mag & explosive rounds. Absolutely devastating in short/medium range. There are no decent long range AR's as far as I can tell.

Like the sniper rifles, I think they fill a very specific role, but are generally underpowered...at least until higher levels.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

168 hours already?!

Fúck me. I struggle to get a few hours a day. Took me the guts of 3/4 months to rack up 180 in Skyrim.

Fúck work, girlfriends, family and meals anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Acursed social lives are the bane of the gamer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Hehe...I've 3 characters that have completed the main story on PT1, and am leveling 2 more. 168 hours played in total so far. Considering I've about 100 hours in Torchlight 2 as well...I may have a gaming addiction.

Such an addictive game.

Where's the replay value though? Are you not simply replaying the same missions over and over? Have to admit I'm loving this especially messing about on co-op but only lvl 28 at present - first character.

168 hours already?!

Fúck me. I struggle to get a few hours a day. Took me the guts of 3/4 months to rack up 180 in Skyrim.

Fúck work, girlfriends, family and meals anyways.

I had some vacation, and haven't being go out much...trying to save up a little money after I bought a new motorbike. That and the fact that I only sleep 4-5 hours a night means I have had a lot of time to play games recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Vicxas wrote: »
    Acursed social lives are the bane of the gamer

I can only play in 2, maybe 3 hour stints about twice a week. Its just enough so i want to play more but i cant.
    Still on my first playthrough at about lvl 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Where's the replay value though? Are you not simply replaying the same missions over and over? Have to admit I'm loving this especially messing about on co-op but only lvl 28 at present - first character.

The replay value would come through the character's abilities, using skill points in a different way, choosing different weapons which would mean approaching missions in different ways.

I played as Axton and just because I kept finding such great sniper rifles, I mostly sniped as much as possible, and if enemies came close, I could throw out the turret while I swapped weapons or reloaded. But if I was playing as Salvador, I'd be more likely to get up close with maybe a shotgun and assault rifle/smg to kill people quicker. And if I were to start playing as Zero, I'd probably snipe even more than I had been doing.

You might know how to do the missions and what they entail, but the randomised weapon system in the game and different classes mean it'd still have a replay factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm constantly fkn up

- used one of the keys at level 9ish and then left one of the grenades behind thinking I could only take one or the other
    - only found out about bad ass tokens Monday. Had 47 or possibly 147 of 'em to use
    - only realised you could buy extra back pack spaces with Eridium yesterday

I'm really looking forward to playing it again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just for the record, Gunzerking with 2 Bandit brand SMGs (i.e. high ammo capacity) is the absolute tits (to quote a certain Siren lady).

Assault Rifles seem to be quite different from the first game where I found quite a few scoped + high capacity options, but now I'm mostly finding stuff with Iron Sights and 10-12 shot capacity, but fairly high damage in comparison to most of the other stuff I have (sometimes higher than a similar levelled Sniper rifle).

I'm playing with 3 characters atm, Most of the time has been spent on my Gunzerker (lvl 20) and Commando (lvl 16/17 I think). I got a Siren up to 11 the other night. I'm playing at different times with different friends all at different levels and it sucks to be either way over or under powered for these things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

calex71 wrote: »
    That door opens by itself as you clear the room , it's the massive circular one? Was the guy's name
    mad mike
    or similar?
    if he spawned then the door should be open as he comes through it

Yeah, it was a bug, the final guy never spawned first time I think. When I rebooted the game today and did it again it all worked.

Now getting absolutely RUINED by the
    Constructor with missiles on its back, at the bridge in the eridium plant. Not sure how I'm going to take that down.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭Penn

ED E wrote: »
    Constructor with missiles on its back, at the bridge in the eridium plant. Not sure how I'm going to take that down.
    I think I managed to find a safe enough spot right behind him where I could peek out, shoot and duck back down. Real way you're supposed to do it is to keep shooting him in the eye. It'll also stop him from building more loaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ED E wrote: »
    Yeah, it was a bug, the final guy never spawned first time I think. When I rebooted the game today and did it again it all worked.

Penn wrote: »
    I think I managed to find a safe enough spot right behind him where I could peek out, shoot and duck back down. Real way you're supposed to do it is to keep shooting him in the eye. It'll also stop him from building more loaders.

Absolute bastard to kill the 1st time died a fair few times, felt bad playing with someone else i threw my Longbow enabled Turret up beside him...made a cup of tea ....came back collected his ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Penn wrote: »

I'm Salvador and the only way I could down the first one was to charge in, rockets to the eye, then go Gunzerker and spray him point blank until I died, then second wind from a loader, rinse repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

Vicxas wrote: »
    SHOOT ME IN THE FACE, THE FFAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Best mission ever.

loved the achievement you get too,think it was 'well that was easy'or something along those lines :)

gimli2112 wrote: »

Different skills each time, Different weapons/shields looted. And of course, totally different tactics for each character.

I'll probably get a few hundred hours out of this game before I get completely bored of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I knew True Vault Hunter mode was going to be tough, but even at level 34... jaysus.

Gonna be a while before I'm able to take on Midgemong, never mind Boom Bewm and Flynt :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I knew True Vault Hunter mode was going to be tough, but even at level 34... jaysus.

Gonna be a while before I'm able to take on Midgemong, never mind Boom Bewm and Flynt :/

was grand until sawtooth for me, after that playing with weapons less that level 50 was a series of ...... shoot , walk one step ..... die

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

calex71 wrote: »
    was grand until sawtooth for me, after that playing with weapons less that level 50 was a series of ...... shoot , walk one step ..... die

Get "the bee" lvl 50 amp damage shield. 50 k damage a bullet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Arawn wrote: »
    Get "the bee" lvl 50 amp damage shield. 50 k damage a bullet

Surely that's a glitch that will be patched out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Kiith wrote: »
    Surely that's a glitch that will be patched out of it?

Well no, The extra damage is intended however it was confirmed that the negative aspect of the shield is bugged(Whatever that might be) and will be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Just remembered one of the best sound clips was from marcus "catch a guuuuuuuuuun!!! ........... yeah i'm never doing that again"

real laugh out loud moment at that one. :D

Well no, The extra damage is intended however it was confirmed that the negative aspect of the shield is bugged(Whatever that might be) and will be fixed.

I imagine the amp damage from shooting with the shield equipped is that it will drain your shield, or that was meant to happen

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

aaronh007 wrote: »

I'm level 42 and just about rescued Roland - need to get a couple of weapon upgrades soon or else it will be a real struggle in a mission or two.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

First DLC is out next week.

http://kotaku.com/5950000/borderlands-2s-first-pirate+packed-campaign-dlc-is-out-october-16
    It's called Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty. It will take you to an entirely new area of Pandora, a wasteland that was once a beautiful resort by the ocean called Oasis. There you will meet new characters, embarking on a journey to find Captain Scarlett's treasure and battling pirate bandits and sand worms along the way. Don't worry, you can run most of them over with a sand skiff, the DLC's new vehicle (pictured below).

The DLC will be out on October 16th—same day as the original release date for the Mechromancer character class—and available for $10 on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. Or, if you have the $30 season pass, it comes included with that bundle. Hooray!

Dammit Gearbox, stop with the more Borderlands stuffs, have enough games to play right now :mad:

Gunmonkey wrote: »

http://kotaku.com/5950000/borderlands-2s-first-pirate+packed-campaign-dlc-is-out-october-16

Dammit Gearbox, stop with the more Borderlands stuffs, have enough games to play right now :mad:

It'll still be there when you're finished with the other games. Have no fear:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

It'll still be there when you're finished with the other games. Have no fear:)
    Aye, I quite enjoyed going back to the original Borderlands well after I had finished it when the new DLC was released. Given my current play list I think I'll be doing the same again this time. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Gunmonkey wrote: »

Just when I thought i'd put it to bed it drags me back in , 1000GS it last night guess they could convince me to open my wallet again :D

Anyone else read captain scarlett and immediately get "this is the voice of the misterons " in their head :pac:

Advertisement