Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

grizzly wrote: »
    Is there a level requirement for this? Or does it scale with your current level?

Not sure, I assume it will scale. Also not hopeful for a level cap increase with this one as it's so soon after the games release and based on the 3 achievements/trophies it has none are for hitting say level 55.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You can play it if you are level 15 or above, and it scales to your character. It will be a good challenge from the start (so there won't be any one-shotting enemies for 1xp).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I picked up the portable version today ;)

borderlands-packshot.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

calex71 wrote: »
    Not sure, I assume it will scale. Also not hopeful for a level cap increase with this one as it's so soon after the games release and based on the 3 achievements/trophies it has none are for hitting say level 55.

I'd say we'll see a cap increase seeing as one of the achievements is "Maxed out....for now" when you reach level 50. I'd bet it'll be a 5 level cap increase per DLC, 4 DLCs planned thats a max of level 70 after all is said and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I don't think the level caps are going up (otherwise there would be an achievement/trophy for hitting the new cap).

The 3 new achievements are:

Treasure Hunter -
    Completed the mission "X Marks the Spot"
    Gadabout -
    Discovered all named locations in Oasis and the surrounding Pirate's Booty areas.
    Completionist -
    Complete all Pirate's Booty side missions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I reached the area where you need those raise those three flags and defend the generators. Every section of that map is guarded more heavily than any area i've in yet.
    Every square inch is a fight

Use a sniper rifle to shoot the helmets on the Goliaths. Then let them fight it out amongst themselves. On the plus side, if you let the Goliath level up to max, he drops really nice items when you kill him.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Best of luck with
    Dokinas ma
    :D

easy enough. Died the first time and second time just went in with rockets and turrent blazing and finished off with high power caustic assault rifle. no good loot either :(

finished the game the other day too. I have to say don't think it's as good as the first one, the loot is shite in general. Assault rifles are a shadow of what they were. Story and missionsa re all over the place. Maybe that'll change when I've played it through 6 or 7 times though :D

Warrior tip:
    get killed, respawn behind forcefield, climb up rocks on the left and snipe it over the shield. Time consuming but simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Use a sniper rifle to shoot the helmets on the Goliaths. Then let them fight it out amongst themselves. On the plus side, if you let the Goliath level up to max, he drops really nice items when you kill him.

I left the area to turn in a mission. Lo and behold, the demon hunter mission was available. I completed it and returned to the other area with the bison rifle. I discovered and can shoot the pilot of a buzzard to bring them down in one shot :pac:

(And there are a lot of buzzards)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Most of the time I can just take them down with a four shots from a sniper with shock damage, dont let them get near rage mode unless theres a few nomads for them to hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Yeah, i only HS the Goliaths when they're the first in the group, otherwise they're all over you like a cheap suit....
    Really enjoying it so far, not getting nearly enough time with it but should be able to give it some attention this weekend, can't wait already.

• Advertisement

Just got to the Arid Nexus badlands last night, and had a slight dose of nostalgia :D
    Then was sad at what jack had done to the place

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

the loot is shite in general. Assault rifles are a shadow of what they were. Story and missionsa re all over the place. Maybe that'll change when I've played it through 6 or 7 times though :D

I love the game but would agree with the above. Haven't seen a single orange weapon throughout my whole game and assault rifles are junk.

I think I might have done too many missions at trivial difficulty (not intentionally, just seemed to work out like that) and that hurt my chances for good loot.

I found shotties the worst. Until I got the one
    with the AI core
    I just didnt use them at all, still dont much.

ED E wrote: »
    I found shotties the worst. Until I got the one
    with the AI core
    I just didnt use them at all, still dont much.

I like being a gun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I actually came across a really handy AS.
    200 explosive damage, making quick work of threshers and stalkers....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I really didn't see much use for shotguns until I got a pretty tasty one with 5 shots (using 2 ammo per shot) that did horrific damage to everything I came up against within short range (Playing as the commando). When you're being mobbed by lots of small things, they're great, cause you'll nearly always hit something. Really good for taking out chrysalisks when you don't want to waste ammo from your primary guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Shiminay wrote: »
    Really good for taking out chrysalisks when you don't want to waste ammo from your primary guns.

1 melee to each leg and they're dead, about the most efficient method I've found :)

I like being a gun :D
    Wheatley/GLADOS all over again
    1 melee to each leg and they're dead, about the most efficient method I've found :)

You can what now? :eek:

Was also doing the treasure hunt side quest in the caustic caverns yesterday. A badass pyro stalker murdered me in about 30 seconds. Wasnt there before :mad:

Also
    the Dahl chest you get at the end didnt open :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Does anyone have a tip on getting a Goliath to level 4? Maybe a location with lots of weak enemies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Does anyone have a tip on getting a Goliath to level 4? Maybe a location with lots of weak enemies.

i was thinking of going back to the area where the firehawk is and running through the map aggro'ing everyone.

Make sure you're a high enough level anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

Myself and a friend did this with a Goliath yesterday in Frostburn Canyon.
    It was on TVHM and we had quite the bit of trouble taking him down once he was GodLiath so be careful with him. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I did it in this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

A question for those that have finished it :-
    How much of the game do I have left? I think I'm on chapter 16(B). Roland has been shot and lilith taken hostage after freeing angel. I've completed the followup mission to tell everyone, and the next story mission has me going to an eridium area (can't remember off the top of my head).

I ask because I've completed 84/90 sidequests according to the badass challenges so I'm wondering if I'm coming near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

^ very near the end.

Enjoy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

No sign of DLC yet for Xbox :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Q_Ball wrote: »
    A question for those that have finished it :-
    I ask because I've completed 84/90 sidequests according to the badass challenges so I'm wondering if I'm coming near the end.

There are actually
    to do. So do a little searching to find more.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Where the Slabs live theres a mission to defend a supply crate, you get to choose where you place your goliaths in some sort of Tower Defence way. Place them 1st but you may have to fail the mission if they dont level up.

Anyone on PC get DLC?

Still dont se it on steam :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

http://store.steampowered.com/app/213230/ That?

Just saw a thing on the borderlands FB page saying the Pirate DLC will be out later today on all platforms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Denny M wrote: »
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/213230/ That?

Just saw a thing on the borderlands FB page saying the Pirate DLC will be out later today on all platforms.

nah this one

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/373234/borderlands-2-dlc-captain-scarlett-and-her-pirates-booty-out-now-video/

not buying the season pass today unless someone says they got it :D

Advertisement