Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

DLC should be available now. According to Dan Webb and Gearbox twitter anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    DLC should be available now. According to Dan Webb and Gearbox twitter anyways.

Yeah it's there if you load up the game, don't see it on the market place still even not at 6pm.

Massive 1.2gb download.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

1 melee to each leg and they're dead, about the most efficient method I've found :)

Not any more. They seem to have patched that. Much to my surprise when I ran up and found they weren't dying in 3 seconds.
    grizzly wrote: »
    Does anyone have a tip on getting a Goliath to level 4? Maybe a location with lots of weak enemies.
    Help him take out some the other mobs but don't do more than 50% of the damage. Also, run ahead a little to 'draw out' more mobs...but not too many.

DLC installed and played the 1st few missions, lots to like so far especially new vehicle and how it handles.

My main issues , and I guess to a certain extent is my own not the games, is that at level 50 it's insanely difficult with mobs scaled to you and beyond (lvl50-52) on true vault hunter but enemies that you can 1 shot (lvl29 to 30)

With no increase to the level cap I'll be either walking over enemies and getting crap loot or dying a lot for better stuff for the duration of the DLC, or maybe I'll bit the bullet and play as a another character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ffs, i really hate timed missions in borderlands 2.... they really dont leave much time for error...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

ffs, i really hate timed missions in borderlands 2.... they really dont leave much time for error...

I tried doing one solo and got totally pissed. Eventually I had to wait until a friend was online to run it.

DO what I did, if it's the arms dealer mission we are talking about.

Log in a 2nd / guest profile, and let it idle at the point where you turn in the mission collect the stuff and turn the mission in with 2nd controller and take your time strolling back .......... I had to resort to that after failing 10 times :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Spawn two vehicles and park the first one on the beach and the second one near the other objectives.
    As soon as you start the mission spawn to the seat in vehicle one, collect the item, then drive to transporter and spawn in vehicle two and collect more items. Get back to transporter and spawn in vehicle one and complete mission with plenty of time to spare.
    Or, do it in co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

took me a good few goes to get arms dealer but the time i did get it I had 54 sec to spare... go figure
    do beach last. sawmill with cave first, ramp off to save time, ditto at the tower up high, park on flat slab next to it, hop out grab arm, back in and just drive straight off to land beside next one :)

Marcus's one is simple, gives you days of time :D

I really hate them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Didnt know about goliath leveling until I read this thread, thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

the easiest way to do the arms dealer is open the first mailbox to start the timer in paused mode then go to the furthest away mailbox and the timer only starts when you actually take the first arm so instead of getting the first one , the rest then rushing back you just start at the furthest one and collect on your way back leaving plenty of time.

Liking the new dlc at the min, hit oasis and did a few side missions there netting me a sweet shotgun. Jacobs one that does 40,000dmg x2 so you gotta be real close but you do savage damage. If you land both shots it does +850% damage. Sweet little jacobs pistol too that does 9500dmg x2 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Cheers lads, ill try that "open mailbox and go to next one" way.

Damn I am so slow with this game... Or they poped dlc way too soon?

Anyone else have too much cash on their hands? I'm 22 and have 47K even with respawns costing 3k. But the shops have crap gear to buy, my green loot is way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ED E wrote: »
    Anyone else have too much cash on their hands? I'm 22 and have 47K even with respawns costing 3k. But the shops have crap gear to buy, my green loot is way better.

I often play with friends who do nothing but play this. I'm much lower rank and die a lot. I went from $70K+ to $4K in one session, over the weekend just funding respawning.

They gave my brother $1M and he was going mad 'cos everytime he died it was costing him over $70K just to get back up.

Playing solo money is pretty plentiful. Selling weapons once you have enough slots in the backpack really ramps it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

ED E wrote: »

Blow it all on the slots!!

Anyone else getting FPS issues since the DLC went live? Mine is all over the place in oasis.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Play the slot machines...that's where most of my money has gone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Playing solo money is pretty plentiful. Selling weapons once you have enough slots in the backpack really ramps it up.

What i found myself doing is filling up my backpack elemental variations of each weapon that i thought i might need, with no slots for stuff to sell

I sell everything and play the slots then sell everything.

Only carry 4 guns if i find one better than one i am using it replaces it. Unlike B1 i dont see the need to have 4 elemental weapons Corrosive or Explosive Shottie/AR and a decent Sniper rifle. Using that combo for pretty much the entire playtru.

think i have around 4 million quid havent died in weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

What is the max size for the backpack?
    I'm at 27 and I don't see any more upgrades at the shop.
    I never have space as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,753 ✭✭✭✭Penn

kiddums wrote: »
    What is the max size for the backpack?
    I'm at 27 and I don't see any more upgrades at the shop.
    I never have space as a result.

I think it's 27. Once I get to 27 though, I just sell to get it back down to about 12-14. Only really need 8 weapons (at the most), two grenades, two shields, class mod and relic. If there's other stuff you don't want to carry but you want to keep, bank it, put it in Claptraps stash (if you're playing solo) or sell it anyway. I think you can buy back anything you sold for the same price you sold it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I currently carry 10/27

Shield
    Class Mod
    Relic
    Grenade
    6 weapons (shottie, pistol, sniper, AR, launcher, smg)

Anything picked up replaces one of the above or sell when I can

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

How does one start the DLC missions once its downloaded?

I only got on for a few mins last night, and was expecting a message via comms or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    How does one start the DLC missions once its downloaded?

I only got on for a few mins last night, and was expecting a message via comms or something.

Get on a fast travel to "Oasis".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Finished the main quest there. Satisfting but they kept on introducing new areas just when you though it was about to wrap up. Also got my first Orange rarity weapon today. Got it from Boom Bewm the second time around. A grenade that does 8000 explosive damage and launches ten other grenades :D

Would suggest not playing the DLC with an over 30 character, its piss easy.

It should scale to whatever level your character is +1 and increment over in each new area you go to.

Finished it tonight and only got one weapon that was better than one i had :(

Excellent DLC reckon it will be much better with one of my level 20ish characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Would suggest not playing the DLC with an over 30 character, its piss easy.

It should scale to whatever level your character is +1 and increment over in each new area you go to.

Finished it tonight and only got one weapon that was better than one i had :(

Excellent DLC reckon it will be much better with one of my level 20ish characters.

Im level 50 heading in there and Im up against level 48-50 guys here. Scaling just fine for me. Loot is good too, lots of blue and green items to be had. Playing in TVHM

hightower1 wrote: »
    Playing in TVHM

Prolly why :( I switch to normal hoping it would scale as a normal run it didnt. Everyone was 30 or 31 and 1 XP for killing anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just started the DLC there. About an hour or so. Enemies are scaling with me. I'm level 36 or so, they're about 34-38. Some funny stuff in there. Love my new BFF.

They're after releasing an iOS and Android map app for those obsessive compulsive players out there.
    Find and track all the game's plethora of collectibles, including the Cult of the Vaults, ECHO Recorders, every rare chest and much more!

Use this digital companion to get the most out of Borderlands 2. If you're the type of player who likes to find everything, then the Borderlands 2 Official Map App is for you!

• Advertisement

Just found Lynchwood, fun little town.

The fact that rats can steal your cash REALLY makes you hate em.

Advertisement