Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Got repeatedly crucified by two Badass Psychos on TVHM (finding the Firehawk) last night. Must have died about 15 times. Just couldn't get into a good spot to wear them down, and any time I got close to killing one (usually in Fight for your life), f*cking Firehawk pushed them out of the way.

Think I might do all the currently available side missions before continuing with the story and try and level up a bit more. I remember the next bit of the story, and that was tough the last time.

Did manage to pick up a brilliant sniper rifle last night with over 3000 damage though (the one I was using was just over 2100), so that makes up for things

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Getting my ass handed to me in the DLC with a lvl 48 commando (my only character). On TVHM also.

Most enemies are my level or one above and its damn tough. My turret is all that is making it doable, mini nuke and rocket volley, the thing is a total beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

finished the story last night and i wasnt too impressed with it really. Will have to plathrough again i reckon. :rolleyes::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

The five rounds of fighting at Ore Chasm were going great. Until on the last round one of those flying things got stuck in the wall. Unable to kill it. Back to round 1 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-18-next-borderlands-2-dlc-details-leaked-already
    Borderlands 2's next slice of DLC has been detailed just days after the launch of Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty add-on this week.

Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage is believed to be another large campaign expansion, and probably the second of the game's four Season Pass packs.

Its existence was betrayed by PlayStation 3 Trophy data updated by a recent patch - the same method used by NeoGAF to out Captain Scarlett earlier this month.

Three Trophies exist for the new DLC (the same amount as for Captain Scarlett). They reveal fresh objective "Long Way To The Top" as well as a series of Campaign of Carnage side-missions. You'll get a new gold Trophy for collecting 10 pictures of Moxxi hidden throughout the campaign.

Borderlands 2 developer Gearbox is yet to formally announce the add-on, which may still be weeks or months from release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gearbox outsourcing the DLCs, looks a different company will make one each.

Good idea and handy way of adding new things to it, if they dont work well it wasnt Gearbox :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Gearbox outsourcing the DLCs, looks a different company will make one each.

Really... I didn't hear that. You got a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Getting my ass handed to me in the DLC with a lvl 48 commando (my only character). On TVHM also.

Most enemies are my level or one above and its damn tough. My turret is all that is making it doable, mini nuke and rocket volley, the thing is a total beast.

I was going to say jump into my game tonight as I'm still at the oasis about to set out for the quests picked up there, but it would be a case of from the frying pan into the fire as they are 51 and 52 in my game, on normal they are a joke and so is the loot.

I think I'll go back to TVHM as it's just not fun one shotting goons.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Really... I didn't hear that. You got a link?

The Workshop making Torque

http://kotaku.com/5944600/a-mysterious-borderlands-2-side+project-the-future-of-contra-and-other-gaming-secrets

And Tripitch??? made Scarlett according to the end credits in it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

dreamers75 wrote: »
    The Workshop making Torque

http://kotaku.com/5944600/a-mysterious-borderlands-2-side+project-the-future-of-contra-and-other-gaming-secrets

And Tripitch??? made Scarlett according to the end credits in it :p

Interesting reading, I had no idea.

Thanks for the link dreamers :)

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    I was going to say jump into my game tonight as I'm still at the oasis about to set out for the quests picked up there, but it would be a case of from the frying pan into the fire as they are 51 and 52 in my game, on normal they are a joke and so is the loot.

I think I'll go back to TVHM as it's just not fun one shotting goons.

Could just hang back and let you do all the work.

Lmao just doing the mans best friend mission in the DLC
    Be careful he might be able to smell your orphan musk
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

ED E wrote: »
    Anyone else have too much cash on their hands? I'm 22 and have 47K even with respawns costing 3k. But the shops have crap gear to buy, my green loot is way better.

Nope, never happens. It turns out I have a bit of a gambling addiction. I generally make a shedload of money and then go Moxxi's and blow it all on the slots. I am level 22 also but only have about 7K. That said everynow and then I do win a gun that is actually worth keeping.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I want that gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I have one of those. Its less annoying than 'the Bane' anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Have that one too, but the gun you turn the AI into is better, this one gets annoying very quickly, and as you can tell by the video it can be very hard to hear what she says, and interrupts story dialogue.

You get it for completing the "Hyperion Contract #873", but if you don't complete the optional objectives you get a non-elemental version.

Gold keys inbound

WinPC: W3WTT-WT3ZH-RTBJT-3JT3T-RXKTS
    PSN: 5BWBT-RX5ZB-FSBKB-SBWJT-CRBZ5
    360: 5BWBT-RX5WF-BRFJF-KFTJT-CRBXF

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Wasn't expecting more of them until next week. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

calex71 wrote: »
    Gold keys inbound

WinPC: W3WTT-WT3ZH-RTBJT-3JT3T-RXKTS
    PSN: 5BWBT-RX5ZB-FSBKB-SBWJT-CRBZ5
    360: 5BWBT-RX5WF-BRFJF-KFTJT-CRBXF

Nice one. Were are these posted? Can't see them on the Gearbox twitter feed.

edit;
    https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic – ah, back here again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Almost endgame spoilz
    Got the bunker, that character introduction splash is great. Actually, they've all been great. Anyways, MOTHERLOAD after killing that wanna be cortana. Thought that was gonna be the ending, but no. Cant stop playing now, gotta kill jack before I can sleep.

New codes released in the last hour. I just redeemed a 360 one so they're still active.

360: CJWJJ-HR5W6-3RX3R-K6TBT-6TJHT
    PSN: CJWJJ-HR5Z3-6ST5J-S3WBT-6TJWZ
    WinPC: K3CT3-X3BHH-XT3JB-TBJJT-T5BRF

Mr E wrote: »
    New codes released in the last hour. I just redeemed a 360 one so they're still active.

Yay the early bird catches the worm :pac:

Now hopefully this ond the one from earlier will yield some good stuff to help me deal with the DLC more effectively. Makes 13 keys I've had since launch and I'm still using the same level 37 shotgun I got when I opened the box for the 1st time, I think it's actually become bugged since playing the DLC because if i throw it (It's a shock based tediore 800x17dmg ) it will do about 200k dmg when empty and over 600k when full, basically 1 shots level 52 badasses :eek:

Now that should not be happening :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I wish they'd release some codes at decent times for us, rather then in the middle of the night/early morning. Kind of annoying missing them all the time.

Kiith wrote: »
    I wish they'd release some codes at decent times for us, rather then in the middle of the night/early morning. Kind of annoying missing them all the time.

Keep an eye out they did this the last weekend of codes, the US got them at good times for them but then on the saturday they posted 3 at daytime hours for EU so hopefully they will do something similar this time.

Mr E wrote: »

Ah FFS. And me at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hahahaha brilliant

It is a great gun. I didn't get the elemental version but even still, I was using that gun for ages

I've used about 5 keys at this stage, and haven't really got anything worth talking about. I got a good corrosive shotgun which I'm still using (but could be better) and I got some grenades that I've grown out of, but nothing really meaty. Hopefully the key from this morning will give me some goodies when I get back to Sanctuary.

Hopefully there are more keys over the weekend, and I get something decent when I hit level 50.

Haven't got anything too great so far, all my class gear from the end of my 1st run through has been ditched since I started TVHM.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I used 4 keys, and the first 3 were crap. 2 were grenades, and 1 was an smg and a pistol. The 4th however, was a sweet sniper and AR, and i've been using them for quite a while now.

Advertisement