Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Ok i just finished the story and done all but one of the side missions (which i have no chance of winning atm)
    I'm only at level 35 and cannot therefore compete in TVHM. Any good places to level up to 50ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Ok i just finished the story and done all but one of the side missions (which i have no chance of winning atm)
    I'm only at level 35 and cannot therefore compete in TVHM. Any good places to level up to 50ish?

You can go into TVHM. The mobs will scale to your level, you dont need to be lvl 50.

Anyone wrote: »
    You can go into TVHM. The mobs will scale to your level, you dont need to be lvl 50.

Oh right thanks. I had in mind everything was scaled to max level in TVHM.

Did anyone get the What Does it Mean? Trophy/Achievement

Perfect double rainbow all the way! :D

Oh right thanks. I had in mind everything was scaled to max level in TVHM.

Did anyone get the What Does it Mean? Trophy/Achievement

Perfect double rainbow all the way! :D

You may struggle initially in TVHM, but it gets a bit easier once you get a better shield and weapon.

Anyone wrote: »
    You may struggle initially in TVHM, but it gets a bit easier once you get a better shield and weapon.

Ah right fair enough, it'll be a good way to level up to max anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I messed up on one of the side missions early on during Normal Mode which meant I couldn't complete it, the one where you have to mutate a Varkid. It mutated, and while fighting it, killed me and I was in Second Wind but I couldn't finish it off. Arrived back to see it fly over the cliff at the side (me still shooting it) and never came back.

But yeah, TVHM scales to your level. I think I was Level 32 when starting it but knowledge of the game and some good weaponry means I'm getting through it easier and quicker than before, even though some parts are extremely tough

Penn wrote: »
    I messed up on one of the side missions early on during Normal Mode which meant I couldn't complete it, the one where you have to mutate a Varkid. It mutated, and while fighting it, killed me and I was in Second Wind but I couldn't finish it off. Arrived back to see it fly over the cliff at the side (me still shooting it) and never came back.

That mission was a complete pain in the ass. I wanted to murder the guy who gave it to me. I was lucky enough to have the weaker varkids swarm me during last stand so i could recover.
    With covering turret fire and an explosive rifle i managed to beat it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mr E wrote: »
    New codes released in the last hour. I just redeemed a 360 one so they're still active.

360: CJWJJ-HR5W6-3RX3R-K6TBT-6TJHT
    PSN: CJWJJ-HR5Z3-6ST5J-S3WBT-6TJWZ
    WinPC: K3CT3-X3BHH-XT3JB-TBJJT-T5BRF

I just redeemed this on the PS3 - it's redemption quantity based now as opposed to time based.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

They're still active on 360 as well- just redeemed it there.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I just redeemed this on the PS3 - it's redemption quantity based now as opposed to time based.

Does that mean there's a limited number or if you have golden keys still?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

yeah its a limited number, according to the tweets earlier they will remain active until they are gone, so could be a few hours till they are all gone..best way of doing it i think...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Those codes are good for a few thousand redemptions, once per user.

So according to Twitter, they expected them to last only a few hours.

Hopefully they do more later this evening or over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

360 code still good.

Just redeemed my two golden keys with my level 50 TVHM commando and got two sweet sniper rifles - both do over 22K damage, one has shock damage and the other does corrosive damage. One has burst fire while zoomed - hate those.
    Also got a rocket launched that does 122K and electrocute damage.

Question about mods - I equipped the Slayer Of Terramorphous Class Mod and it has +4 sentry, ready, impact, expertise and healthy skills and when I look at my turret some of them are 9/5.
    Are they really 9/5 or does it just show that?

Just redeemed my two golden keys with my level 50 TVHM commando and got two sweet sniper rifles - both do over 22K damage, one has shock damage and the other does corrosive damage. One has burst fire while zoomed - hate those.
    Also got a rocket launched that does 122K and electrocute damage.

Savage
    Question about mods - I equipped the Slayer Of Terramorphous Class Mod and it has +4 sentry, ready, impact, expertise and healthy skills and when I look at my turret some of them are 9/5.
    Are they really 9/5 or does it just show that?

Think it does, check the stats, and unequip the mod and see do the stats drop.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

damnit, in work and unable to redeem a key. They're pulling the piss with these codes and the times they release them.

Shiminay wrote: »
    damnit, in work and unable to redeem a key. They're pulling the piss with these codes and the times they release them.

If its any consolation, the ps3 one is now expired. Just tried it in a short trip home at lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Agreed, they're just promoting mass unemployment.
    Overpowered guns would make the game too easy anyways

*munches on sour grapes*

More codes:
    WinPC: C3CJB-HB3ZZ-F33TB-BTJJT-TXKRF
    PSN: WTCTJ-J9CS3-RSJ53-Z3K3B-BT9F9
    X360: WTCTJ-J9CK6-JRR36-W6J3B-BT96W

Good for a few hours.

EDIT:

In fairness, perfect for Australasia, unemployed and those of us who work SHiFT**...

** - See what I did there, I work shift, but I used SHiFT as in SHiFT code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

They should have some way of enabling them through their shift website or something similar... at least that may give us a chance.

Due to random "useless" stuff that can got from the chest (i'm looking at you mods*) the more keys you have the better.

By mods I mean grenade or relics that are worse than you already have... much happier when I see a shiny new gun appearing!

:EDIT:
    See what I mean.... damn you (and thank you) F1ngers!!!

• Advertisement

Log me in for the 360 should be great for us saps at work right now. :pac:

Hopefully those codes will still be good by the time I get home around 6.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Think it does, check the stats, and unequip the mod and see do the stats drop.

It does, also you can use your points in more than one skill tree.
    I have gunpower full and spent the rest in guerilla - so not only do I drop a small nuke, my turret also fires rockets.
    It is a thing of beauty.

I have gunpower full and spent the rest in guerilla - so not only do I drop a small nuke, my turret also fires rockets.
    It is a thing of beauty.

I got the same thing, its class, all that is keeping me alive in TVHM, I am getting my ass handed to me.

Drop the turret and all hell breaks loose for everyone else.

I'm currently trying to fill out the Guerrilla skills so I can get another gun on the turret. In fact I might even respec my skill points tonight and just fill it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I'm currently trying to fill out the Guerrilla skills so I can get another gun on the turret. In fact I might even respec my skill points tonight and just fill it up.

I did that and am 2 points away from a 2nd turret. Can only imagine its carnage :D

Think my turret has 25 rockets, 2 guns, and a mini nuke when deployed. That's 1 and a half skill trees I think.

Anyways, its insane, leaves nothing standing when deployed.

Definitely a better set up I think than 2 shielded turrets.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Think my turret has 25 rockets, 2 guns, and a mini nuke when deployed. That's 1 and a half skill trees I think.

Anyways, its insane, leaves nothing standing when deployed.

Definitely a better set up I think than 2 shielded turrets.

The last skill from each set is:
    Guerrilla: Adds second gun to turret and both fire slag bullets
    Gunpowder: Sets off small nuclear blast
    Survival: Two turrets

Even just filling out the Guerrilla branch means you'll have rockets, twice as much gunshots and slag bullets.

Is the nuke powerful?

I must only have one gun so on it, got the rockets which are savage. Perhaps a bit over powered.

And the mini nuke, is unreal. It will pretty much clear or severely weaken a large group of enemies, and good luck picking the survivors off before the turret does.

The last skill from each set is:
    Guerrilla: Adds second gun to turret and both fire slag bullets
    Gunpowder: Sets off small nuclear blast
    Survival: Two turrets

Even just filling out the Guerrilla branch means you'll have rockets, twice as much gunshots and slag bullets.

Is the nuke powerful?

Love the nuke, and yeah its powerful and has a good diameter. It has saved me on many occasions :)

• Advertisement

Can someone post the twitters of who gives out the codes?

Advertisement