Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

calex71 wrote: »
    Just completed the DLC achievments, the last one against
    Master Gee
    Giggle :D was a 2 hour fight hid behind rocks
    and let the worm gas kill him
    some one in the party speculated that this was how the devs intended it to be done :confused: Makes sense to be given the number of failed tries reported and the fact you can only fight him once a day.

2 hours! it took me about 10 mins solo, level 49 commando on 2'nd playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

after finishing the DLC I find hoping back into the main quest nothing loot wise is matching up to what I got from the DLC. As Im at level 50 the better loot was keeping me going but now thats gone Im not sure theres much point?

The bee is a bit underwhelming seeing as it forces you to stay well off with full auto weapons, get in close and the tiny capacity means the amp damage gain is lost immediately and you end up in last stand for most of the fights. Its fun for about ten mins but then ever fight is just you standing miles away from groups of enemies picking them off so its a fair ground duck shoot. I just prefer to have huge capacity and a nice shotgun and get up close and personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Its was the dogs bollocks pre update. Was knocking out 1.5 mil a clip

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I was disappointed with the DLC as all the enemies were 7 levels below me (PT1). Far too easy, and absolutely no loot of any note.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

WinPC: CBKBB-RSJZH-RTBJJ-3TT3T-5RXZC
    PS3: KBKJB-S5FST-FZTWT-ZJKJB-XC93C, 5000
    X360: KBKJB-S5FKX-BXXTX-WRJJB-XC9BS

That's two sets of codes I've missed because of SHiFT work - not laughing now...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Posted to DuvalMagic 25 mins ago.

WinPC: KT5B3-Z93ZH-FB3JB-JTBT3-JWKBK
    PS3: 535T3-JR6ZB-6H3K3-9TKT3-T9JS6
    X360: 535T3-JR6WF-3F6J6-5XJT3-T9J5H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Level 42 at the minute on second play through, was hoping to get lvl 50 then buy the dlc! Will the enemy's be lvl 50 as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

KilOit wrote: »
    Level 42 at the minute on second play through, was hoping to get lvl 50 then buy the dlc! Will the enemy's be lvl 50 as well?

50 & 51 for me on TVHM.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭Penn

KilOit wrote: »

I think so. I bought it when I was about Level 40 but I think it's from when you actually start the DLC that it scales to whatever level you're at then. I'll be waiting until I get Level 50 and beat the game on TVHM before I start it.

Anyone find that the bosses on TVHM drop crap loot? I don't think I've even gotten a purple from any of them, never mind a legendary, and that's including minor bosses like Old Slappy and Blue. My current weapon loadout is great, but I thought the whole idea of TVHM was that you get way better loot. Seems to me like all the loot I've been getting is just the equivalent to what I got the first time round, but scaled up.

Currently Level 45 about to go to Thousand Cuts, but going to do more side missions first. Plan on being Level 50 way before the final few missions.

Also finally got two golden keys on Sunday with the Shift codes. So now of the 4 keys I've had, I've had class mods (one of which I still use), a slag launcher (haven't used yet as I don't generally like launchers, but could be great for bosses) and two sets of grenade mods (which were alright, but nothing great). Hoping for some more this evening, but yer man tweets them at awkward times for people here with day jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Penn wrote: »

Anyone find that the bosses on TVHM drop crap loot? I don't think I've even gotten a purple from any of them, never mind a legendary, and that's including minor bosses like Old Slappy and Blue. My current weapon loadout is great, but I thought the whole idea of TVHM was that you get way better loot. Seems to me like all the loot I've been getting is just the equivalent to what I got the first time round, but scaled up.

I'm hanging onto whatever golden keys i have until i reach level 50 for this very reason. Its great to have scaled up weaponry, but thats kind of a given. Purple weaponry or rarer would be nice.
    Besides i need all purple gear to get that trophy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mr E wrote: »
    Posted to DuvalMagic 25 mins ago.

WinPC: KT5B3-Z93ZH-FB3JB-JTBT3-JWKBK
    PS3: 535T3-JR6ZB-6H3K3-9TKT3-T9JS6
    X360: 535T3-JR6WF-3F6J6-5XJT3-T9J5H

These are still working for Xbox :)

I'm hanging onto whatever golden keys i have until i reach level 50 for this very reason. Its great to have scaled up weaponry, but thats kind of a given. Purple weaponry or rarer would be nice.
    Besides i need all purple gear to get that trophy

Yeah, going to start saving up a few. Level 45 now so shouldn't be too long.

And I'm having rubbish luck with the slot machines lately. Normally set both in Moxxi's going at the same time, currently over $7000 each. Getting pure rubbish out of them. Too addictive though, and not much else to spend money on as I always find the guns and shields on sale from the vending machines to be pretty crap compared to loot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Yeah, going to start saving up a few. Level 45 now so shouldn't be too long.

And I'm having rubbish luck with the slot machines lately. Normally set both in Moxxi's going at the same time, currently over $7000 each. Getting pure rubbish out of them. Too addictive though, and not much else to spend money on as I always find the guns and shields on sale from the vending machines to be pretty crap compared to loot.

It would be nice to have some really good stuff show up for sale. Even if it was 250k, it would give a good reason to save up cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

i did this for ages at the start when it was cheap, got some good weapons, but struck it rich one day, got well over 100 eridium when both machines gave out almost at the same time, problem is you can only carry 99, and when i returned from buying blackmarket stuff it was all gone, i would say i left easily another 100 on the floor, the place was covered in purple...i think its a good way at the start to get some eridium

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Just seen this on reddit, Hasn't happened me but it does seem like a rather serious bug!
    Source: Link
    I have already lost a level 45 Zer0 to this issue and I ALMOST lost a level 32 Gaige to it but I was able to recover and fix the problem because of the research that I have done. I'll go ahead and give a tl;dr of the issue and a quick and dirty rundown on how to fix your save file (assuming it hasn't already been converted to Garveyard.sav).

Regardless of the origins of the game breaking bug, it's relatively quick and easy to fix assuming you know what you're looking for and what to do.

Basically you'll know if you're affected if you end your Fight For Your Life mode without getting a kill and instead of respawning at the most recent New-U station the camera will pan above your character and you'll be able to look around freely. Your only options are to hit X to give up or hit Start and Quit. In both situations your game will kick you out to the title screen and your character will not be saved. It's at this point that your save file is effectively in the "Graveyard.sav" state. If you turn off your console, go to the dashboard, load another character, or anything other than select Continue your character will be lost. It's at this point you need to Select continue and immediately hit Start and select Quit in order to save your character and keep it playable.

At this point your character is affected by the bug and every time you die you'll have to repeat the above steps or lose your character. You can retire that character if you want and wait for Gearbox to patch it and hopefully fix the issue or you can fix it yourself.

Now before I go on I should mention that this method does involve the use of a save editor. It DOES have the capability to edit everything about your character but it is in no way required. All you'll be doing is unchecking a single box and importing your character back into your save data.
    So firstly you'll need some sort of USB memory device. A flash drive, external HDD, cell phone, whatever. You'll need to plug it into your Xbox and format it to act as a memory device for the Xbox360. This can be done in the Settings>Storage section. After you have this situated, copy your character save over to your thumb drive (or whatever). Now plug that bad boy into your computer.

You'll need a combination of two programs for these next steps. I'm not going to provide download links but a quick Google search can bring up the programs you need. Remember: always virus scan the files you download especially when dealing with save file editors and other seedy projects. The two programs I used (I'm sure there are others) are "Modio" to extract the save files from your flash drive and "Gibbed's Borderlands 2 Save Editor" to actually edit the save file to fix it.

In Modio you can either select "Explore a Device" or "Open from a device"(http://imgur.com/AK4ma). It's generally easier to just explore the device and open the save file from there. Just browse your way down the trees until you find your save file and extract it.(http://i.imgur.com/RmbKA.png). Once you have the Save0001.sav (or something similar) extracted, slect "Open a save" in Modio and select the "File Contents" tab at the top of the new window.(http://i.imgur.com/A5i07.png). Right click the SaveGame.sav file and extract it. This will be the file you edit with your save game editor.

Once you have the GameSave.sav extracted, open it with Gibbed's editor. This part is easy. Simply go to the far right tab labeled "Raw" and scroll down until you see a field on the left titled "IsBadassModSaveGame". If your affected by this bug, you'll see a check mark in the box directly to the right of the text. (http://i.imgur.com/yoGKs.png) I can only assume this is a remnant of some sort of hardcore mode that never made it into the final game. So uncheck it to become softcore (read: normal) again. Click on save at the top and it's time to import your save back into your save file.

Go back to the second Modio window you opened that allowed you to extract the GameSave.sav file. Back under the "File Contents" tab right click on the GameSave.sav and select "Replace File" and choose your newly edited GameSave.sav file. (http://i.imgur.com/03oZM.png) Once done here, go back to your Explore window for your thumb drive and you'll want to right click your Save0001.sav (or whatever) file and select "Insert File" and choose your edited Save0001.sav file and choose "Yes" when asked if you want to replace the existing one. (http://i.imgur.com/0Cdl5.png)

From this point you just need to plug your thumb drive back into your xbox and copy your save data back over. Load up your newly edited character (you can load it directly from the thumb drive to test it out first if you want to) and go into Fight For Your Life and die. All should be well.
    This turned out to be much longer than expected. I'm not entirely sure if everything makes sense. I tried to be as clear as possible and provide pictures whenever I could. If you have any questions please feel free to reply or leave me a PM. I hope this helps at least one person save their character!

Anyone on XBOX get an update for the game today.

Supposedly there is one being pushed out, that PC and PS3 got already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Supposedly there is one being pushed out, that PC and PS3 got already.

Yeah I got one earlier on. It's 4mb

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Yeah I got one earlier on. It's 4mb

Great, hopefully this will fix my freezing issue.

I was near breaking point yesterday, must have hung 10, 15 times, then it wouldn't boot at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hoping for some more this evening, but yer man tweets them at awkward times for people here with day jobs.

He said no more this weekend.

F1ngers wrote: »
    He said no more this weekend.

No longer the weekend though. But yeah, I'm guessing they won't be as frequent as they were over the weekend anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mr Freeze wrote: »

http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22147216-xbox-360-update-information

10/22/12 Update
    • Fixed player first-person arms appearing too far up or down the screen when in horizontal/vertical split mode.
    • Fixed players losing ammo when reloading a savegame with max ammo and a stockpile relic equipped.
    • Fixed the vendor UI sometimes showing a count of 1 less item in the player's backpack than is actually there.
    • Fixed fast travel stations from downloadable content sometimes disappearing when loading a saved game.
    • Fixed players getting stuck in a white box when two people try to travel at once and one is in a vehicle.
    • Allowed players to trade with each other when at maximum backpack capacity if they're trading the same number of items with each other.
    • Fixed clients sometimes losing access to fast travel stations unlocked during co-op progression.
    • Fixed the favorite/trash icons on inventory items sometimes disappearing when scrolling the inventory list.
    • Added safeguards against the game getting stuck on a 'Saving...' prompt when a client with a splitscreen player saves and quits the game under specific rare circumstances.
    • Fixed the "has abandoned your struggle!" message sometimes appearing with no player name.
    • Fixed mini-map fog-of-war sometimes not uncovering correctly when first loading a saved game as a client.
    • Fixed co-op players sometimes spawning at different places after a level transition.
    • Fixed an error that could sometimes occur when trying to join a game where the host had recently returned from a downloadable content area.
    • Fixed an error where clients would sometimes see certain weapons firing in incorrect directions.
    • Fixed a blocker in the "Do No Harm" mission and repaired users already affected by the bug.
    • Fixed an issue with savegames sometimes causing the game to stutter / freeze and repaired saves already affected by the bug.
    • Made the user's inventory not jump to the top of the list when using a customization item.
    • Fixed a bug with shields that reduce the player's maximum health not displaying the amount of health reduced on the item card.
    • Fixed a bug where some challenges would sometimes re-complete levels 1 through 5 over and over again, granting the user additional ranks and tokens.
    • Enemies affected by a Siren's Thoughtlock ability may now be damaged by other players.
    • Fixed an issue where players could sometimes lose their third and fourth weapon slots. Characters who have already lost these slots will be repaired the next time they are loaded.
    • Fixed an issue where players were sometimes unable to pick items up after another player had bulk-picked-up a nearby item.
    • Fixed an issue where players could occasionally be unable to connect to one another if one of them had recently been in DLC that the other doesn't have.

Still freezing for me anyways after the patch.

Issue is rampant anyways going by Gearbox forums.

Still no idea how it just started it happening to me all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

So I've just finished my first playthrough with Zero on PC. I haven't started TVHM mode yet, as I don't really want to do it with Zero, I'm a bit bored of him. Anyone have a PC save file (not modded), either just before the end boss or right at the start of TVHM with any of the other characters? (preferably Axton or Maya, but the other 2 will do).

Anyone want my Zero?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

So I've just finished my first playthrough with Zero on PC. I haven't started TVHM mode yet, as I don't really want to do it with Zero, I'm a bit bored of him. Anyone have a PC save file (not modded), either just before the end boss or right at the start of TVHM with any of the other characters? (preferably Axton or Maya, but the other 2 will do).

Anyone want my Zero?

How do you tell if a save file is modded?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Found the arena, then started falling through the floor. Fecking glitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

How do you tell if a save file is modded?:P

Check the thread a page or 2 back for a pic i posted from the other night

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone want my Zero?

Nope

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/Save0001.rar

Level 37 Axton still on southern shelf in TVHM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Finished TVHM tonight with lv50 axton. Wasnt difficult at all. Kinda thought the first play though was a little tougher tbh. Warrior didnt drop the conference call though...looks like farming for me tomorrow night :(

Anyone else here get it? How many times did ye have to fight him before he dropped it? Its piss easy with my current set up but a pain having to reload rise and repeat.

Oh and thank god for the patch, who TVHM playthough none of the turle sheilds would display how much health they removed.....pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

OK I admit it. I don't know what a ceiling chair is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

OK I admit it. I don't know what a ceiling chair is.

I pity the life you've wasted :p

Just chairs hung from the ceiling á la

swingchair.jpg

Advertisement