Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

calex71 wrote: »
    Check the thread a page or 2 back for a pic i posted from the other night

Ah.

I thought there might be something similar to Torchlight 2, Which has a small exclamation mark if your save file has been tampered with.

Does anyone have a Gaige save file near the start of TVHM?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finally got my first Legendary last night, Sledge's Shotgun with fire elemental damage. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Is anyone having trouble with one of the Lynchwood Missions?
    On the bank robbery mission, once you put the laxative on the explosive what do you do then? Nothing has happened for me.
    :(

kiddums wrote: »
    Is anyone having trouble with one of the Lynchwood Missions?
    On the bank robbery mission, once you put the laxative on the explosive what do you do then? Nothing has happened for me.
    :(
    You have to feed it to a skag (there should be somewhere you have to plant it, outside a skag cave or something. Try checking your map). You plant it there, then the skag eats it and sh*ts it back out. Then you can use it on the bank)

Penn wrote: »
    You have to feed it to a skag (there should be somewhere you have to plant it, outside a skag cave or something. Try checking your map). You plant it there, then the skag eats it and sh*ts it back out. Then you can use it on the bank)
    I killed all of the skags before placing it. I thought I'd have to come back, but its still just sitting there. I hope it isn't broke now.

• Advertisement

I killed all of the skags before placing it. I thought I'd have to come back, but its still just sitting there. I hope it isn't broke now.

Try going back to Sanctuary, then saving, exiting, turning off console and then go back to Lynchwood. Enemies should respawn and you could try again.

Penn wrote: »
    Try going back to Sanctuary, then saving, exiting, turning off console and then go back to Lynchwood. Enemies should respawn and you could try again.
    I got back to sanctuary and saved before I turned it off last night, just by coincidence. I'll check it again when I boot it up tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I got back to sanctuary and saved before I turned it off last night, just by coincidence. I'll check it again when I boot it up tonight.

Very same thing happened to me, you'll be fine, don't worry :)

Can't wait to try my hand at some of the invincible bosses. Level 42, almost there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Very same thing happened to me, you'll be fine, don't worry :)

Can't wait to try my hand at some of the invincible bosses. Level 42, almost there!

There's only one isnt there? the You will die (Seriously), against the thresher?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

There's only one isnt there? the You will die (Seriously), against the thresher?

There's the invincible varkid too, Vermivorous; and if you ave the DLC, it brings two more.

• Advertisement

There's the invincible varkid too, Vermivorous; and if you ave the DLC, it brings two more.

Balls. Its sort of irritating that i have to do all the side quests in TVHM again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Where are these? Can't say I came across them in 3 play throughs or maybe I did :confused:

calex71 wrote: »
    Where are these? Can't say I came across them in 3 play throughs or maybe I did :confused:

I've not gotten Vermivorous to spawn either, being honest but it's a case of evolving the varkids up to Supreme Badass, similar to the Goliaths.

So if you manage to get an ultimate badass varkid, you need to let it kill a couple of threshers or bandits and it has a chance of evolving them too.

For the DLC, you get a quest for Hyperius the Invincible similar to You will die threser quest when you complete it.
    As for the second DLC guy, I've no idea yet!

Balls. Its sort of irritating that i have to do all the side quests in TVHM again

It's not as bad as it sounds. Knowledge of the areas, missions and enemies helps a lot the second time round. Last night I did all the Fridge side-missions in one go as I knew where everything was, and most of the Overlook missions too. Plus the higher level you're at now means its a lot more hectic and powerful. Some new enemies and stuff too. I was going to start a new class after I beat normal but now I'm really glad I went with TVHM.

I've not gotten Vermivorous to spawn either, being honest but it's a case of evolving the varkids up to Supreme Badass, similar to the Goliaths.

So if you manage to get an ultimate badass varkid, you need to let it kill a couple of threshers or bandits and it has a chance of evolving them too.

For the DLC, you get a quest for Hyperius the Invincible similar to You will die threser quest when you complete it.
    As for the second DLC guy, I've no idea yet!

Ah ok I thought it was a named guy in an arena like hyperious or teramorphus, I got a varkid up to badass but didn't realise they could go higher, ideal spot for that would be in caustic caverns.

Found the two dlc lads, just read there that Vermivorous has twice the health of teramorphus :eek:

Edit: Seems his loot drops are just as good too

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Don't do the sidequests that give item rewards.
    Wait until playtrough 2.5 as they will then scale to lvl 50+ rewards.

For those who don't know
    After you beat playthrough 1, you unlock true vault hunter mode, which is basically new game +. You play through the game at whatever level you finished the last playthrough at, and everything is scaled about 25 levels higher or so. Once you beat that playthrough, everything in the world that you haven't started yet scales to your current level all the way up to 53. So if you want to get leveled quest rewards for certain sidequests, you have to not accept that quest until after you beat the playthrough and have gotten everything to scale to your level, since the quest and reward will only scale if you haven't picked up the quest yet

For those who don't know
    After you beat playthrough 1, you unlock true vault hunter mode, which is basically new game +. You play through the game at whatever level you finished the last playthrough at, and everything is scaled about 25 levels higher or so. Once you beat that playthrough, everything in the world that you haven't started yet scales to your current level all the way up to 53. So if you want to get leveled quest rewards for certain sidequests, you have to not accept that quest until after you beat the playthrough and have gotten everything to scale to your level, since the quest and reward will only scale if you haven't picked up the quest yet

So basically you have to complete the game twice to get level 50+ items. But wont all the side quests reset anyway on a third playthrough?

For those who don't know

If you do it that way, you're going to be losing an awful amount of helpful xp that would help you get to 50 in the first place.
    Most quest reward guns/items can be dropped by bosses which are repeatable at any stage.

So basically you have to complete the game twice to get level 50+ items. But wont all the side quests reset anyway on a third playthrough?

No, If you accept a quest during PT2, it will not scale in PT2.5. Quests only get reset between PT1 and PT2.

If you do it that way, you're going to be losing an awful amount of helpful xp that would help you get to 50 in the first place.
    Most quest reward guns/items can be dropped by bosses which are repeatable at any stage.

I personally agree.
    The whole PT2.5 seems to be some kinda hard core player powerlevelling thing.
    Seems more like torture to me

• Advertisement

No, If you accept a quest during PT2, it will not scale in PT2.5. Quests only get reset between PT1 and PT2.

Ok, i see what you mean. So if i accept a side quest in playthrough 2 (TVHM) at level 40, yielding level 40 rewards, then if i accept the same side quest in the third playthrough, it will still yield level 40 rewards.

simple :o

Didn't know about that PT2.5 thing but yeah, it seems like once you finish TVHM, everything becomes Lvl50+ including enemies, missions and loot.

In that case, I might save a few side missions until after I beat TVHM. Doesn't matter a whole lot as you can always beat most of the sub-bosses numerous times to get good loot anyway.

Ok, i see what you mean. So if i accept a side quest in playthrough 2 (TVHM) at level 40, yielding level 40 rewards, then if i accept the same side quest in the third playthrough, it will still yield level 40 rewards.

simple :o

yup that's correct, confusing I know.
    Google it (sorry don't have link to hand at the mo) there is a chart that lists the best missions to save until 2.5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Nope

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/Save0001.rar

Level 37 Axton still on southern shelf in TVHM

Thanks for this, working fine. Going to finish the main quests quickly, without touching the side quests, so they scale to lvl 50 when I clear it and I get better loot from it.

Two things about your character though:
    1) how do you not have all the ammo SDUs? I wasn't even trying and I got them all (my Zero is lvl 36 too).
    2) Am I the only person who always carries one of each type of weapon? (You had two snipers, an AW and 3 or 4 shotguns). I tend to favour snipers, assault rifles and shotguns, but I find they all can have their uses, especially if you want access to all elements easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thanks for this, working fine. Going to finish the main quests quickly, without touching the side quests, so they scale to lvl 50 when I clear it and I get better loot from it.

Two things about your character though:
    1) how do you not have all the ammo SDUs? I wasn't even trying and I got them all (my Zero is lvl 36 too).
    2) Am I the only person who always carries one of each type of weapon? (You had two snipers, an AW and 3 or 4 shotguns). I tend to favour snipers, assault rifles and shotguns, but I find they all can have their uses, especially if you want access to all elements easily.

Only carry the guns i use, i do have a turret that fires rockets :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Only carry the guns i use, i do have a turret that fires rockets :pac:

Slagged, double gunned, rocket firing - does pretty much remove the need for launchers or SMGS :D. Better than Deception I'd say, a a hand full of elemental throwing daggers or invisibility that requires you to be almost entirely melee based is not much fun.

Health recovery is way better for Axton than Zero too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

spent the entire night farming the warrior on TVHM looking for the conference call..... my brain hurts with utter boredom. Still no sign of it.

hightower1 wrote: »
    spent the entire night farming the warrior on TVHM looking for the conference call..... my brain hurts with utter boredom. Still no sign of it.

Wasn't it's selling point the boost it gets from the Bee? thought that was patched recently?

Tried the "Man who would be Jack" mission last night on TVHM last night but had to abandon it because I kept getting killed by a Constructor. Going to have to try and find a better corrosive weapon. I tend not to have any slag weapons as my turret shoots slag bullets, but it's taking too long to kill the Constructor with the turret and my current weapons. And since I found out about PT2.5, I'm hesitant to start any new side missions.

Think my best chance right now is either go through the Wildlife Preservation again as there's a good few loot chests and weapons should be a good enough level, or try farming some minor bosses like Old Slappy and just hope for the best there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Well I email X360A about the freezing issues yesterday, and they put up on article on it today.

Tonnes of people affected it seems.

Have none of ye had constant freezing issues on the 360?

Advertisement