Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

Borderlands froze once on me, at a loading screen.
    That is all for me anyway.

I can't help but laugh at your username everytime I see your posts about it freezing too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I can't help but laugh at your username everytime I see your posts about it freezing too :D

Irony or what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Well I email X360A about the freezing issues yesterday, and they put up on article on it today.

Tonnes of people affected it seems.

Have none of ye had constant freezing issues on the 360?

Ha saw that!! Can't hurt if a site with a good bit of traffic can put a bit a pressure on them.

Long shot I know but have you tried recovering your gamer tag? Might be worth a shot seeing as you likely tried everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

calex71 wrote: »
    Ha saw that!! Can't hurt if a site with a good bit of traffic can put a bit a pressure on them.

Long shot I know but have you tried recovering your gamer tag? Might be worth a shot seeing as you likely tried everything else.

I didn't try that, as it was stated on the gearbox forums that it doesn't work.
    But the issue seems so random, it can't hurt to try.

If I do it, I will also clear the cache and reject any patches and see can I get into the main menu and play the game offline for a while before getting the updates again and attempting to play online.

Apparently all these issues are tied to our gamertags, not our save games. Madness that they did that (if true).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Getting a little bored of it now, I got my GZ up to level 50, I have a level 50 Bee and three different level 50 confrence calls (Slag, fire and corrosive). All this constant boss farming get's old, I must have killed terra 60 times last night (with no orange drops other than the class mod that always drops).
    Wasn't it's selling point the boost it gets from the Bee? thought that was patched recently?
    Not really, the bee + confrence call still rips things apart (I can kill terra without him getting a chance to attack, I just empty the mags into him, and done), I believe what was patched was how the damage was stacked. For example, before it might have been
    ((<base_damage_per_pelet>+<bee_amp>)*(1.75 for fire damage)*<critical_modifier>)

When you consider that a level 50 bee might add 50,000 odd damage to each pelet, with modifiers (and possibly with slagged included) it could be doing up to half a million or more damage per pellet, and a confrence call fires a lot of pellets.

I believe it now adds amp damage to the end of the stack, which means each pelet might be doing up to 75k or so damage, still rips things aparts, but no longer one shots all the bosses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Still in TVHM at level 40 and still getting my ass kicked in certain areas. Its good to have more skill points to flesh out the skill trees though.

Dreading the caustic caverns in this mode. They were tough before

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Found the Minecraft section last night, pretty awesome little easter egg. Also noticed a QR code on the Moxxi's pizza box, scaned it and it read
    "Wise man say, forgiveness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza" - Captain Picard.

Love little touches like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Still in TVHM at level 40 and still getting my ass kicked in certain areas. Its good to have more skill points to flesh out the skill trees though.

Dreading the caustic caverns in this mode. They were tough before

I just dropped a turret and ran through both the Thresher and Spiderant areas. Hate the Caustic Caverns

*shudders*

Penn wrote: »
    I just dropped a turret and ran through both the Thresher and Spiderant areas. Hate the Caustic Caverns

*shudders*

I used to do that too in the first playthrough. Near one save point i got ambushed by a massive pyro thresher who blocked the way. Killed me 3 times :mad:
    Spiderants are ok, its just those fcekin threshers. And the massive insects who hide in the bin lorries

I used to do that too in the first playthrough. Near one save point i got ambushed by a massive pyro thresher who blocked the way. Killed me 3 times :mad:
    Spiderants are ok, its just those fcekin threshers. And the massive insects who hide in the bin lorries

Spiderants annoy me because as soon as I've jumped over them to attack them from behind, they've turned around. And some are near impossible to kill from the front.

One of the worst parts of the Caverns is when you see an enemy appear on the hud map. You look around, can't see them. Scope, still can't see them. Start getting attacked, what the f*ck is happening?!

Varkid descending from the sky. Always catches me out.

• Advertisement

Spiderants annoy me because as soon as I've jumped over them to attack them from behind, they've turned around. And some are near impossible to kill from the front.

One of the worst parts of the Caverns is when you see an enemy appear on the hud map. You look around, can't see them. Scope, still can't see them. Start getting attacked, what the f*ck is happening?!

Yeah me too.

The easiest to deal with enemies i found were the massive things with crystals on their legs. Get up close and shotgun to crystals off quick.

And dont get me started on the wormhole threshers.:mad:

Yeah me too.

The easiest to deal with enemies i found were the massive things with crystals on their legs. Get up close and shotgun to crystals off quick.

Law pistol with +100% melee damage. Pretty sure I never fired a single bullet against Blue. Also helps in areas like the warehouse full of Larval varkids.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

WinPC: CBKB3-3BKH9-XB3J3-BJB3B-H53CK
    PS3: WB5JJ-KX6HJ-XHJCT-ZBKJB-XW3J6
    X360: WB5JJ-KX6CR-TFRBX-WFJJB-XW3S6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Dreading the caustic caverns in this mode. They were tough before.
    And dont get me started on the wormhole threshers.:mad:

My first time was in the Caustic Caverns was following Dreamers75 as he was showing me the Minecraft easter egg.

All I remember is him is saying something along the lines of "Stay close" and running off with me chasing a bit behind trying to keep up. Only problem was enemies were spawning for him so by time I got there I was dodging attacks left, right and centre.

Coming back was twice as hard and got close to being killed by the wormhole treshers on quite a few occasions! In fact the treshers were the hardest things down there for me as I had recently picked up a new shottie that was making me feel quite powerful against everything else!

F1ngers wrote: »
    WinPC: CBKB3-3BKH9-XB3J3-BJB3B-H53CK
    PS3: WB5JJ-KX6HJ-XHJCT-ZBKJB-XW3J6
    X360: WB5JJ-KX6CR-TFRBX-WFJJB-XW3S6

Hopefully still valid by the time I get home (probably not til 7)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Hopefully still valid by the time I get home (probably not til 7)

QFT! Might ahve to race home earlier than expected ;)

Shiminay wrote: »

QFT! Might ahve to race home earlier than expected ;)

Got home a bit earlier than expected.

[A system software update is required]

DAMN YOU, SONY! DAMN YOU, SLOWASS EIRCOM BROADBAND!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

it's still redeeming at this point in time

KilOit wrote: »
    it's still redeeming at this point in time

Got it there now.

Here's hoping for a Tediore Caustic Shotgun!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

*shudders*

Ah but the Threshers really love getting a 15 pellet shotgun blast to the face at point blank range!! Don't deprive them of their only fun in life.

• Advertisement

Explosive weapons are your friend when dealing with Spiderants. Very easy to stun them, and the mini-explosions often hit their crit areas.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just got the code posted above to work on Windows (first thing I've done after getting home :D). On the ball again F1ngers, thanks a million.

Yay code still working for xbox :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Yay code still working for xbox :pac:

~3hours or so.
    Must have been a serious amount of redemptions allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

WinPC: CBK3B-5JCH9-RB3BJ-BBTBB-T6FCR

PS3: KJ53B-RRRST-F9TKJ-ZJWT3-WBHZK

X360: KJ53B-RRRKX-B6XJR-WRTT3-WBH3R

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Another night of warrior farming and still no conference call :mad:
    Feels like bloody groundhog day, kill, collect loot , sell aaaaannnnndddd repeat. Urgh. I respect that if your gonna call guns legendary class they should be rare as hell but making them this rare is a joke.

hightower1 wrote: »
    Another night of warrior farming and still no conference call :mad:
    Feels like bloody groundhog day, kill, collect loot , sell aaaaannnnndddd repeat. Urgh. I respect that if your gonna call guns legendary class they should be rare as hell but making them this rare is a joke.

Question are you doing this alone?????????? The chances of a CC dropping are significantly lowered that way / do you you want to do it with randomers where they can ninja that loot from you!!!!!!!

Next question is are you on xbox ..... if so i'll duplicate you one to go with the bee which i assume you have :D

FWIW I ninja'd my bee from a randomer earlier...... do I feel guilty ..... a little..... do I regret it .......... do i regret being able to kill terra-whats-his face in 10 seconds flat in TVHM......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

CombatCow wrote: »
    WinPC: CBK3B-5JCH9-RB3BJ-BBTBB-T6FCR

PS3: KJ53B-RRRST-F9TKJ-ZJWT3-WBHZK

X360: KJ53B-RRRKX-B6XJR-WRTT3-WBH3R

Well that code gave me my greatest guns yet. An excellent pair of pistols that do twice as much damage as my next best gun. Both have ridiculous rates of fire and reload speed. Regretfully, one of them is a Hyperion :(

Although I must admit, the code posted by F1ngers did give me a 35000+ damage rocket launcher which, at level 36, is not to be sniffed at.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Well that code gave me my greatest guns yet. An excellent pair of pistols that do twice as much damage as my next best gun. Both have ridiculous rates of fire and reload speed. Regretfully, one of them is a Hyperion :(

Although I must admit, the code posted by F1ngers did give me a 35000+ damage rocket launcher which, at level 36, is not to be sniffed at.

Indeed, Hyperion weapons suck....unless you are playing as an Anarchy loving Mechromancer!! :D

• Advertisement

The worst and most pointless weapons are Dahl Sniper Rifles. When you're scoped in on an enemies head and pull the trigger, either they die and you waste four bullets, or they don't die but the rest of the shots fire into the distance due to recoil, wasting three or four bullets.

Been stung before where I get a great sniper rifle without realising it's a Dahl, sell my old one, shoot something and it burst fires, leaving me with a crap bullet-wasting gun.

Advertisement