Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Penn wrote: »
    Been stung before where I get a great sniper rifle without realising it's a Dahl, sell my old one, shoot something and it burst fires, leaving me with a crap bullet-wasting gun.

I'm still using my bison rifle from the first playthrough. Its great on critical hit. I've also using it on robots to disarm them (literally), aiming for the shoulders. Great long-distance weapon and it'll be great to get the level 50 version

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

calex71 wrote: »
    Question are you doing this alone?????????? The chances of a CC dropping are significantly lowered that way / do you you want to do it with randomers where they can ninja that loot from you!!!!!!!

Next question is are you on xbox ..... if so i'll duplicate you one to go with the bee which i assume you have :D

FWIW I ninja'd my bee from a randomer earlier...... do I feel guilty ..... a little..... do I regret it .......... do i regret being able to kill terra-whats-his face in 10 seconds flat in TVHM......:D

Playing alone alight on the xbox and also have the bee shield (got it at level 50 from arid nexus) Excuse my ignorance but "duplicate" it? Guh? :D:confused:

hightower1 wrote: »
    Playing alone alight on the xbox and also have the bee shield (got it at level 50 from arid nexus) Excuse my ignorance but "duplicate" it? Guh? :D:confused:

Did you get the relic that increases the chance of rare drops?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just completed the Bane quest line. Slightly annoying :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Did you get the relic that increases the chance of rare drops?

From what I hear, that's bugged and does not work.

Playing alone alight on the xbox and also have the bee shield (got it at level 50 from arid nexus) Excuse my ignorance but "duplicate" it? Guh? biggrin.pngconfused.png

If you transfer an item to another player, then either power off your xbox, or log out using the guide button, when you sign in again both of you have the item.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The worst and most pointless weapons are Dahl Sniper Rifles. When you're scoped in on an enemies head and pull the trigger, either they die and you waste four bullets, or they don't die but the rest of the shots fire into the distance due to recoil, wasting three or four bullets.

Been stung before where I get a great sniper rifle without realising it's a Dahl, sell my old one, shoot something and it burst fires, leaving me with a crap bullet-wasting gun.

I was of the same opinion at first, but they have their uses.

Firstly, against stalkers with a shock Dahl, the first takes the shield, second and third make the kill.

Secondly, the one I use vs Hyperion is corrosive, and while a crit does a fair bit of damage, it doesnt kill, but three hits at @35%~ chance then you're very likely to get DoT damage.

Against bandits though yeh, single shot flamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

oeb wrote: »
    From what I hear, that's bugged and does not work.

Really? I actually find if I have the relic equipped, I do see more blue/purple in chests and things.
    Also one time I did have it equipped while fighting the warrior, an orange dropped. (Not every time I had it equipped, just to make that clear).

Really? I actually find if I have the relic equipped, I do see more blue/purple in chests and things.
    Also one time I did have it equipped while fighting the warrior, an orange dropped. (Not every time I had it equipped, just to make that clear).

That's what seems to be the common theory on the gearbox forums.

In other news, I finally got Terra to drop a pitchfork. That's a Dahl weapon not worth turning your nose up to. 13210, 97.4%, 6.7 rate, with 3605.9 corrosive at a 30% rate. Each shot splits into 5, with hardly any recoil when zoomed and doing burst fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

The worst and most pointless weapons are Dahl Sniper Rifles. When you're scoped in on an enemies head and pull the trigger, either they die and you waste four bullets, or they don't die but the rest of the shots fire into the distance due to recoil, wasting three or four bullets.

Aim for their bodies, that way when it recoils upwards during the burst, you'll probably get a head shot on the way (not really worth it if your headshots can one kill any enemy, but can be a bit useful against badasses).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Person not hosting the game drops whatever so the host can pick it up and dashboards without saving so keeps the dropped item as well as the other person getting one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

This weekend, we'll be handing out SHiFT codes that can be redeemed for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2 on the Borderlands Facebook and Gearbox Software Twitter!

We'll be posting five sets of codes across 24 hours, specifically:

Friday, October 26 - 6PM CT (What time is that for me?)
    Friday, October 26 - 11PM CT (What time is that for me?)
    Saturday, October 27 - 5AM CT (What time is that for me?)
    Saturday, October 27 - 11AM CT (What time is that for me?)
    Saturday, October 27 - 3PM CT (What time is that for me?)
    Each code will be active for three hours from its initial posting and will be usable once per account.

To learn more about SHiFT codes, Golden Keys and how to redeem them, visit

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/951/borderlands-2-golden-keys-incoming

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I think I'll be near the computer for the Saturday evening one :P
    afa95805acb2101cac69571212bf54181266dd10_600x300.jpg

This weekend, we'll be handing out SHiFT codes that can be redeemed for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2 on the Borderlands Facebook and Gearbox Software Twitter!

We'll be posting five sets of codes across 24 hours, specifically:

Friday, October 26 - 6PM CT Sat 00:00 Sat 03:00
    Friday, October 26 - 11PM CT Sat 05:00 Sat 08:00:00
    Saturday, October 27 - 5AM CT Sat 11:00 Sat 14:00:00
    Saturday, October 27 - 11AM CT Sat 17:00 Sat 20:00
    Saturday, October 27 - 3PM CT Sat 21:00 Sun 00:00
    Each code will be active for three hours from its initial posting and will be usable once per account.

Times bolded by me are the GMT times...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,744 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just coming here to post those myself. Alarms made on phone to be ready for them (except for one Saturday morning at stupid o'clock because f*ck that)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Night number three of farming the warrior and still nothing. Got so bored I tried terramorphus with my bandit x18 shotgun and the bee. Managed to get him down half way on my best run but nothing more.

Night number three of farming the warrior and still nothing. Got so bored I tried terramorphus with my bandit x18 shotgun and the bee. Managed to get him down half way on my best run but nothing more.

Should I motivate you and tell you that is a 20 second fight with a conference call + bee on TVHM solo?

If you really want one just give me a shout ill be happy to dupe one for you.

Finally some comment on this,

http://www.examiner.com/article/gearbox-provides-more-graveyard-sav-details-for-borderlands-2
    Recently a few users have begun violating the Xbox Live Code of Conduct by using an external application to maliciously disrupt the experience and sabotage characters of legitimate Borderlands 2 players on Xbox 360. Fortunately it’s easy to avoid this scenario.

While we work to resolve this as quickly as possible with our partners, concerned Xbox 360 players of Borderlands 2 should consider playing online with trusted individuals in non-public sessions. This does not affect players on PC or PlayStation 3.

We also advise that before ceasing play, users always select "Save and Quit" from within the pause menu while their character is alive. If after the death of their character players find themselves at the main menu of Borderlands 2 instead of respawning in-game, be sure to immediately select "Continue" to resume playing as that character.

We ask that players report any suspicious behavior in Borderlands 2 to spotted@gearboxsoftware.com and provide as much details and documentation of their disrupted experience as possible to assist us in our investigation.

This has to be a first on consoles? for it to be viral ?????

Big thead here http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=393111

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

So how can I prevent this, or save my character if it gets effected later?
    If you want to prevent this, you have to make sure you're not playing with randoms, and that everybody you play with isn't playing with randoms,

So like AIDS?

You have to be careful with where you dispatch the warrior. Last time i killed it, half the loot dropped in the lava :mad:

You have to be careful with where you dispatch the warrior. Last time i killed it, half the loot dropped in the lava :mad:

Yeah I saw a video of someone farming the Warrior on Youtube. He said that sometimes stuff falls underneath the Warrior which you might be able to get, but some of it is just lost, even though you might be able to see it

Yeah I saw a video of someone farming the Warrior on Youtube. He said that sometimes stuff falls underneath the Warrior which you might be able to get, but some of it is just lost, even though you might be able to see it

If you can see something, but cant reach it, leave the lair, run back through heroes pass. When you get back to the lair again, the warrior is gone, along with any white items that were left. Any rare or unique items should still be there.

• Advertisement

oeb wrote: »
    If you can see something, but cant reach it, leave the lair, run back through heroes pass. When you get back to the lair again, the warrior is gone, along with any white items that were left. Any rare or unique items should still be there.

Cool. Hasn't happened me yet but good to know there's a workaround

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Also there's 10 keys possible in total. 5 on twitter and 5 on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Salt in my wounds, 10 keys this weekend, I can't even boot the game past the main menu.

Cutting my losses now, trading it in.

I'm not so sure about that. Is it not the same codes but just posted on Twitter and Facebook at the same time, rather than different codes on each?

no definitely 5 sets.
    One set for each social medium.

Really? That's brilliant. Couldn't have come at a better time for me either. Level 48 and just finished "Where angels fear to tread Part 2", So entering the endgame so to speak. Sawtooth Cauldron game me a lot of trouble first time round (the part where you have to get to the elevator, there's three or four nomads with shields. I died, but the respawn point was pretty much right in the middle of them. Lost count of how many times I died there). Few keys would go down a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Getting hammered on TVHM level 43 and everyone else is 47 :eek:

havent done a single side and on the road leading to the Bunker. Getting thwomped tho! Its a rate of attrition i gain 5 yards ....die.....gain another .....die.

Good fun tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

calex71 wrote: »
    Should I motivate you and tell you that is a 20 second fight with a conference call + bee on TVHM solo?

If you really want one just give me a shout ill be happy to dupe one for you.

I'm level 50 and I don't even know what those 2 items are! Care to enlighten me?

Conference call is a legendary shotgun dropped sometimes by The Warrior. Really powerful. I think it shoots the equivalent of 7 shots in one or something.

The Bee is a legendary shield dropped sometimes by Hunter Hellquist. It has really powerful Amp damage or something.

So if you combined the two, you have a shotgun which pretty much kills anything. I saw a video of a guy farming The Warrior using them. Fight was over in about 5 seconds.

• Advertisement

finding TVHM a challenge too at lvl 39.
    A good addictive as hell challenge though not the throwing keyboard at screen one :)

Advertisement