Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got my first legendary playing solo, Big Badaboom dropped from King Mong: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/560956744544855776/27B248EAAF5140F8C38EAE39004656BBE3E38FE7/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

oeb wrote: »
    I killed him about 40 times to get it to drop the first time, but it was only level 47, so I killed him another 40 or 50 times to get the level 50 one.

Apparently legendaries have a drop rate of approx 1/30 per boss kill.

*sigh
    what a chore, I think I'll just leave it till later playthrough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

BizzyC wrote: »
    Ah CRAP!!
    I could've gotten that one but I was playing Madden at the time....

If you sign up to twitter and follow these people, do you get an alert to your phone when there's shift codes released?

Yeah I have them followed and I get a notification as soon as Randy Pitchford(@DuvalMagic) or Gearbox(@GearboxSoftware) tweet :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sweet, beat the Warrior with my Gunzerker (first playthrough), and got: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/560957866255263213/819A133C76CDB263247B3DA0ADDCDF143B7BCAE0/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Denny M wrote: »
    Sweet, beat the Warrior with my Gunzerker (first playthrough), and got: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/560957866255263213/819A133C76CDB263247B3DA0ADDCDF143B7BCAE0/

That doesn't seem all that great?

I've already got a shotgun at lvl 25 that has 140x14?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good fire rate for a shotgun. Also only uses 1 bullet at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

BizzyC wrote: »
    That doesn't seem all that great?

I've already got a shotgun at lvl 25 that has 140x14?

It's a legendary weapon, which means it has a special effect. It actually fires 7 shots at once, using only one bullet. So with the fire rate, good reload time and 7 times the damage, it's probably the most sought-after weapon in the game, though most try for the Level 50 version. The Level 50 version, coupled with the Level 50 Bee shield which adds 50,000 damage to each shot (or in the case of that gun, 50,000 x 5 x 7) is an absolute monster, able to take down Terramorphus the Invincible in a matter of seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah, didn't know that (not obvious from specs). I want one. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    Ah, didn't know that (not obvious from specs). I want one. :)

Yeah, I've sold guns before with red text in the specs that I didn't know what they did. Turns out they actually would have been pretty good. Now I check any special effects as soon as I get a gun.

Before Assassin's Creed 3 came out I spent over a week just mostly farming The Warrior trying to get this gun (the Level 50 version). The Bee shield helps you kill pretty much anything fairly quickly. Even the main boss of the DLC was no problem, and it only takes about 2 or 3 minutes to kill the Warrior with it. But I can only get Terramorphus down to about half health. Can't see how I could ever beat him on my own without the Conference Call

Which reminds me, Terramorphous is a cheating bastard. How can he stop your shield from fully recharging while not causing damage to you? That and spending so long underground (tentacles included) when you go into Fight For Your Life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Penn wrote: »
    It's a legendary weapon, which means it has a special effect. It actually fires 7 shots at once, using only one bullet. So with the fire rate, good reload time and 7 times the damage, it's probably the most sought-after weapon in the game, though most try for the Level 50 version. The Level 50 version, coupled with the Level 50 Bee shield which adds 50,000 damage to each shot (or in the case of that gun, 50,000 x 5 x 7) is an absolute monster, able to take down Terramorphus the Invincible in a matter of seconds.

That confrence call linked to above is firing 20 shots, not 35.

5 from the front, then when they hit, 5 from each side and 5 from the back. (Fire it in a hall way and look at the walls).

That confrence call linked to above is firing 20 shots, not 35.

5 from the front, then when they hit, 5 from each side and 5 from the back. (Fire it in a hall way and look at the walls).

Ah, apologies. I think you had to correct me on this before. First I heard about the gun was from some Youtube video who I think said it fires 7 shots in one, so I must still have that in my head.

Ah, apologies. I think you had to correct me on this before. First I heard about the gun was from some Youtube video who I think said it fires 7 shots in one, so I must still have that in my head.

It's all a bit confusing, as none of it is documented in the actual gun stats. Alot of the legendaries are like that. Shoot, then go count the dots on the wall :P

Yeah, I've noticed when firing the Conference Call, seeing shots go forward, and another set to either side.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Started over with Zero today playing purely as a sniper.
    fun times, zoom aim kill :D

can't wait to get the sniper tree built up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

found the minecraft easter egg today :D its fantastic!

Farmed The Warrior for a few more hours tonight and no Conference Call. Not even any other legendary. Did get some other good weapons though so said I'd try Terramorphous a few times before going to bed.

Beat him. Was very lucky as I went into FFYL twice and both times got the second wind just in time, and one time Terra knocked me into the air and I just managed to not go off the edge, but beat him anyway.

And what did I get? Legendary class mod for a Gunzerker.

Ffffffffuuuuuuuu....etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Farmed The Warrior for a few more hours tonight and no Conference Call. Not even any other legendary. Did get some other good weapons though so said I'd try Terramorphous a few times before going to bed.

Beat him. Was very lucky as I went into FFYL twice and both times got the second wind just in time, and one time Terra knocked me into the air and I just managed to not go off the edge, but beat him anyway.

Ffffffffuuuuuuuu....etc

I have never got a legit CC from the warrior :( on the flip side I've been lucky with Terra and got some right good epic tediore shotguns......... which if one shot reload spamed can take off half of hyperius health solo before he even spawns his good squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Ffffffffuuuuuuuu....etc

There's a certain place you can stand where you will take no damage at all. It's where the first ammo spawn point is when you enter the area. After the Warrior appears, run back here and jump onto the little console thing, just to the right of the ammo boxes. There should be a small 'roof' above you. Hide in under there while on top of this console.
    His tail slam can't harm you at all.
    If he goes to do his fire breath thing when he as at the far end of the map, just move backwards, and crouch down. You will be protected from the flames. Then instantly get back up on the panel and under the protruding 'roof'.

I've killed him without even using a shield :D

There's a certain place you can stand where you will take no damage at all. It's where the first ammo spawn point is when you enter the area. After the Warrior appears, run back here and jump onto the little console thing, just to the right of the ammo boxes. There should be a small 'roof' above you. Hide in under there while on top of this console.
    His tail slam can't harm you at all.
    If he goes to do his fire breath thing when he as at the far end of the map, just move backwards, and crouch down. You will be protected from the flames. Then instantly get back up on the panel and under the protruding 'roof'.

I've killed him without even using a shield :D

The Warrior is no problem at all, beaten him about 100 times now. Have even taken to killing him with a Vladof pistol. It's Terramorphous I finally beat last night. No place to hide from that c*nt :D

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    I have never got a legit CC from the warrior :( on the flip side I've been lucky with Terra and got some right good epic tediore shotguns......... which if one shot reload spamed can take off half of hyperius health solo before he even spawns his good squad.

Yeah I was hoping for a Tediore shotgun when farming the Warrior. Did get one but it was fairly weak so abandoned it. Beat Terra using a fairly powerful Hyperion Shotgun but which had a very quick fire rate and reload speed. Used 3 ammo per shot though, so then I switched to my Vladof pistol. 8500x2 with 65 mag size and an insanely quick fire rate and reload speed. Coupled with The Bee it tears through everything.

I think my key to beating Terra though was respec-ing and putting more into shield recharge rate and recharge delay. Especially with the Bee, it's vital.

When using a Tediore shotgun (or any gun) with The Bee, does the amp damage still count for each round still in the gun?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Was invited to a game by an online friend, got to his Sanctuary and there was an arsenal all over the ground.
    There were conference calls(weaker than my weapons :() all over the place and a shed load of other legendary weapons/mods.
    Only four of his Legendary weapons/mods were better than my purple weapons.

I got a Roket Pawket Badaboom launcher that does 86109x6 damage,a sweet Hide of Terramorphous shield that does Roid/Soike damage and Fire Nova blast.
    A 68K Grenade damage with 10Kcorrosive damage.
    Also got a Legendary Soldier Class Mod, +5 to Sentry, Ready, Impact, Expertise, Healthy and Preparation Skills. "It's like Christmas." at the bottom of the description.
    All the stuff I sold, now have over $7million.

Anyway, went to fight Terra..., went down second, threw my turret, turned around and Terra.. was dead. Didn't see any of the fight.

Beat Terramorphous twice more last night. Still died a few times, but he seems far less invincible than he had done. Got the Commando class mod too.

Now to try Hyperius...

Ffffffffuuuuuuuu....etc

Is this the slayer mod or the other legendary class mod? Also, are you playing on xbox? If so I'll give you a confrence call.

Is this the slayer mod or the other legendary class mod? Also, are you playing on xbox? If so I'll give you a confrence call.

The Slayer mod. Only legendaries he's dropped (first two were the Gunzerker and Assassin slayer mods). On PS3, but thanks anyway for the offer. Might go back to farming The Warrior for a while anyway, help build back up my cash after all my respawns and ammo going up against Terramorphous

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

The Slayer mod. Only legendaries he's dropped (first two were the Gunzerker and Assassin slayer mods). On PS3, but thanks anyway for the offer. Might go back to farming The Warrior for a while anyway, help build back up my cash after all my respawns and ammo going up against Terramorphous

If you're going to try Hyperius, do it before you build money back up :D

I can regularly kill Terramorphous too, although it's a bit of a scramble when the rock tentacles appear.
    Hyperius on the other hand, I can get him to half health as an assassin and then he will kill me.
    Every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

After you beat Terramorphous the credits should roll :D

How you like me now, how you like me now....

If you're going to try Hyperius, do it before you build money back up :D

I can regularly kill Terramorphous too, although it's a bit of a scramble when the rock tentacles appear.
    Hyperius on the other hand, I can get him to half health as an assassin and then he will kill me.
    Every time.

The hardest part for me is actually the beginning.
    First time he pops up is fine. Shoot him a bunch of times, he rarely attacks.
    Second time, he'll normally slam the ground and take a good bit of health off.
    Third time, if he slams again, chances are I'll die. Unfortunately, none of his tentacles are out by this point (or if they are, they go back into the ground with him and he takes f*cking ages to pop back up so I'm a goner).

If I can survive until the tentacles are out, I've a much better chance. Quick blast of them with the shotgun and the health and ammo they drop pretty much refills everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

The hardest part for me is actually the beginning.
    First time he pops up is fine. Shoot him a bunch of times, he rarely attacks.
    Second time, he'll normally slam the ground and take a good bit of health off.
    Third time, if he slams again, chances are I'll die. Unfortunately, none of his tentacles are out by this point (or if they are, they go back into the ground with him and he takes f*cking ages to pop back up so I'm a goner).

If I can survive until the tentacles are out, I've a much better chance. Quick blast of them with the shotgun and the health and ammo they drop pretty much refills everything.

If you want to be cheap, there's a spot to the right of the exit ramp behind a rock that juts up a little where he can't hit you.
    Unless of course he spawns right in front of you but just hop back over the rocks and down towards the wall and you'll be fine.
    The rocks that the tentacles throw will hit you though, so when they're out it's not safe anymore.

If you're at the farming stage, I don't see a reason not to use it :)

Also, I've killed the warrior what feels like a million times and still no sign of a CC.
    I've gotten other legendaries from other mobs but none dropped from the Warrior. Although we did get the volcano for one of the lads' alt.
    I didn't know about being guaranteed one when the moonshot hit, so I'm pretty sure I've lost one or two there.

• Advertisement

If you want to be cheap, there's a spot to the right of the exit ramp behind a rock that juts up a little where he can't hit you.
    Unless of course he spawns right in front of you but just hop back over the rocks and down towards the wall and you'll be fine.
    The rocks that the tentacles throw will hit you though, so when they're out it's not safe anymore.

If you're at the farming stage, I don't see a reason not to use it :)

Also, I've killed the warrior what feels like a million times and still no sign of a CC.
    I've gotten other legendaries from other mobs but none dropped from the Warrior. Although we did get the volcano for one of the lads' alt.
    I didn't know about being guaranteed one when the moonshot hit, so I'm pretty sure I've lost one or two there.

I think you're only guaranteed a legendary, rather than a CC. I was on the lookout for the CC when I beat him on TVHM but got a legendary grenade instead

Advertisement