Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

Sorry yeah, I meant a legendary rather than the CC.
    Still not nice to have missed some!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sorry yeah, I meant a legendary rather than the CC.
    Still not nice to have missed some!

Yeah. The colour looks too much like the yellow for money that if you didn't know it was there you might walk away from it. Whenever I beat The Warrior first thing I do is collect all the money so I can take a better look to see if there's an orange. Then I check under The Warrior in case the fat bastard is lying on top of it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Penn wrote: »
    Beat Terramorphous twice more last night. Still died a few times, but he seems far less invincible than he had done. Got the Commando class mod too.

Now to try Hyperius...

Can join you on PSN for some farming if you like.
    Narnin on PSN - am around tomorrow apart from Villa v Utd.

F1ngers wrote: »

Can join you on PSN for some farming if you like.
    Narnin on PSN - am around tomorrow apart from Villa v Utd.

Yeah might do. Haven't played it online yet and Internet can be a bit dodgy at times but I might give it a try anyway. PSN: harleybill

Yeah might do. Haven't played it online yet and Internet can be a bit dodgy at times but I might give it a try anyway. PSN: harleybill

FR sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

killed the warrior 20 odd time on pt1 and not gotten any legendaries :(
    a half dozen purples in total, absolute waste of time :mad:

F*ck yeah! Just got two Conference Calls. After farming The Warrior for a few more hours, I instead went online and managed to find someone to trade with. He gave me two CCs in exchange for my Sledges Shotgun (which was level 41 and fairly weak so I don't know why he wanted it), two slayer of Terramorphous class mods (which I'm sure he had anyway) and a legendary grenade (sticky homing caustic leech, which I never found to be that useful anyway).

So to test out the gun, I just killed terramorphous 3 times in a row.

Awesome.

Just a quick question:

If I started a new game (and due to the pre-order bonuses, I start the game with the Vault Hunter Relic which increases chance of rare loot by 5%), when I get to Sanctuary, could I put the relic into Claptrap's stash and get it with my Level50 character?

Just an idea I thought of to hopefully make farming a bit more worthwhile, but could take a few hours to get a new character to Sanctuary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Just a quick question:

If I started a new game (and due to the pre-order bonuses, I start the game with the Vault Hunter Relic which increases chance of rare loot by 5%), when I get to Sanctuary, could I put the relic into Claptrap's stash and get it with my Level50 character?

Just an idea I thought of to hopefully make farming a bit more worthwhile, but could take a few hours to get a new character to Sanctuary.

I did that, sending the relic from my assassin to the commando I got from dreamers75 earlier in the thread so it should work for you.

I heard though, that the relic is bugged in general and simply doesn't work, is this not the case?

Posted an hour ago:
    WinPC: 5JKJT-S5WZS-FB3TB-T33J3-9W33B
    PS3: WBCJB-B3HHT-RSJKJ-SJW3B-69XRJ
    X360: WBCJB-B3HCX-JRRJR-KRT3B-69XW6

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

F1ngers wrote: »
    Posted an hour ago:
    WinPC: 5JKJT-S5WZS-FB3TB-T33J3-9W33B
    PS3: WBCJB-B3HHT-RSJKJ-SJW3B-69XRJ
    X360: WBCJB-B3HCX-JRRJR-KRT3B-69XW6

Are these more chest keys because if they are fool me once shame on you .... fool me 23 times at this stage shame on me :o it just aint worth booting the game for the sake of them I still have 7 keys in hand, unless they guarantee bees and cc's I can't even be bother to fast travel to sanctuary anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

still on a real low level with my zero, only 11 but have found a purple vladov assault rifle with a hilariously fast fire rate, decent mag and damage and zoom sight that kills everything it touches. I know it won't stand up too much longer but it's so awesome right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Anyone else on XBox having issues with the downloadable content.

It's been weeks since online mode worked for me.
    The compatability pack, mechromancer and DLC aren't working.

I've gone through all the fixes and finally opened a ticket with Gearbox.
    Sucks, payed money for crap that doesn't work...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Started over with Zero today playing purely as a sniper.
    fun times, zoom aim kill :D

can't wait to get the sniper tree built up a bit

The middle tree on Zero is brilliant. The last skill is very powerful. Although now my mates have given me conference calls, bee shields and legendary relics nothing really matters anymore :)

I did that, sending the relic from my assassin to the commando I got from dreamers75 earlier in the thread so it should work for you.

I heard though, that the relic is bugged in general and simply doesn't work, is this not the case?

Yeah, looking on Google it does seem to be the case alright, so probably not worth it then.

Got the Baby Maker from Madame Von Bartlesby last night in less than 10 tries so happy with that too. Hopefully should help me solo Hyperius (cheap method, but if it works, it works)

Beat Hyperius in an online group last night on our third try. Master Gee on the other hand... Man, it amazes me how many people haven't done any research into how you actually kill him. One guy who joined a group I was in for about 2 tries kept standing in the pools of acid and soaking them up while I was trying to use singularity grenades to pull Master Gee into them. Then another guy who joined for a few games, three times when he went into FFYL, he'd go further into the acid towards Gee or a Sand Worm trying to get a Second Wind, meaning anyone who tried to revive him lost most of their health or died trying to revive him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

How long do you have before the shift codes expire?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Depends, generally a few hours, they can be timed codes or based on the number of redemption's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Yeah, looking on Google it does seem to be the case alright, so probably not worth it then.

Got the Baby Maker from Madame Von Bartlesby last night in less than 10 tries so happy with that too. Hopefully should help me solo Hyperius (cheap method, but if it works, it works)

Beat Hyperius in an online group last night on our third try. Master Gee on the other hand... Man, it amazes me how many people haven't done any research into how you actually kill him. One guy who joined a group I was in for about 2 tries kept standing in the pools of acid and soaking them up while I was trying to use singularity grenades to pull Master Gee into them. Then another guy who joined for a few games, three times when he went into FFYL, he'd go further into the acid towards Gee or a Sand Worm trying to get a Second Wind, meaning anyone who tried to revive him lost most of their health or died trying to revive him.

The only thing I know about that fight is to being along a shield that grants immunity to corrosive damage :)

The only thing I know about that fight is to being along a shield that grants immunity to corrosive damage :)

That's one thing I have to pick up too. Might go back to farming either The Warrior or Terramorphous to try and get good shields and relics to use against Hyperius and Master Gee.

To defeat Master Gee:
    Don't bother shooting him. Kill the sandworms that pop up (only kill one each time) and get Gee to stand in the middle of the pool (using singularity grenades or something). He'll absorb the acid. After a few times of doing that, he'll start to take damage, so you can either wait it out behind a rock at the entrance (takes ages and might freeze the game or result in no loot) or try kill him anyway as he'll now take damage (you can try get him in more pools of acid to help or just keep shooting him).

From reading around:

The Alkaline effect works for corrosive damage over time, but not damage you take from direct corrosive attack or acid pool (It will only protect you from the corrosive damage over time that have a chance to occur when a worm attack you).

So the acid pools left by the worms count as environment damage rather then corrosive damage, it would seem.
    We'll soon test it out for certain though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

That's one thing I have to pick up too. Might go back to farming either The Warrior or Terramorphous to try and get good shields and relics to use against Hyperius and Master Gee.

To defeat Master Gee:
    Don't bother shooting him. Kill the sandworms that pop up (only kill one each time) and get Gee to stand in the middle of the pool (using singularity grenades or something). He'll absorb the acid. After a few times of doing that, he'll start to take damage, so you can either wait it out behind a rock at the entrance (takes ages and might freeze the game or result in no loot) or try kill him anyway as he'll now take damage (you can try get him in more pools of acid to help or just keep shooting him).

I can confirm the 3 times I've used the hiding method the game has frozen for the host and booted out the rest of us, if you are looking for the kill to complete the quest don't do this method solo, as once it freezes the host will not get the quest completion but the other players will and be able to turn the quest in, so the host should join then before they hand it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

So I finished my first playthrough last night, killed Jack and the Warrior.

Did I get any good loot? Did I ****e. A single purple - a grenade that wasn't even that great.

Are there any extra bad guys other than Terramorphous the second time around? Or is it just the exact same plot (as with BL1)? I've no problem with this, by the way, just curious.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but when you play to story mission and beat the warrior (he gets hit with the moonshot), he's guaranteed to drop an orange. (I didn't know at the time either)

It more than likely was under him.
    Since he doesn't despawn, a good way to do it is loot what you can and exit to the Eridium Blight, run through Hero's pass again and he'll be gone leaving behind any loot that you couldn't get previously.

At least you'll know for playthrough 2, which as you correctly assumed, it's the same thing again.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but when you play to story mission and beat the warrior (he gets hit with the moonshot), he's guaranteed to drop an orange. (I didn't know at the time either)

It more than likely was under him.
    Since he doesn't despawn, a good way to do it is loot what you can and exit to the Eridium Blight, run through Hero's pass again and he'll be gone leaving behind any loot that you couldn't get previously.

At least you'll know for playthrough 2, which as you correctly assumed, it's the same thing again.

Bugger. That's a slap in the face. I assume that that doesn't carry over if I've exited the game and restarted it.

I was under the impression from comments people had made that the Warrior was farmable, no?

Yeah, he's farmable alright.
    So when you go back in there, the warrior will spawn.

His drop rate for oranges, when not the story mission is absolute pants though.
    In saying that though, you could be lucky and get them.
    I've gotten plenty of oranges from other sources, just not the warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

what's everyones choice of grenade?

I had been using some nice implosion ones, but then got a weird purple and gave it a go.

It floats after the target and explodes with a flurry of bullets to do damage. While that's good in itself, it only really effects one guy at a time.

I tend to go for Singularity grenades (the ones which pull people towards it) as it also makes it easier to shoot people and pull them out from behind cover

I'm a big fan of singularity grenades too.
    Aside from that I usually carry a transfusion grenade of some sort in case the shit hits the fan.

BizzyC wrote: »
    what's everyones choice of grenade?

I had been using some nice implosion ones, but then got a weird purple and gave it a go.

It floats after the target and explodes with a flurry of bullets to do damage. While that's good in itself, it only really effects one guy at a time.

That's the grenade I got in my drop from the Warrior. I haven't used it in anger yet, would it not be effective against groups given the spinny bullet thing?

I do like singularity grenades, great against groups of enemies like Skags or Varkids, especially when you're running past and don't intend actually fighting them... throw one behind and watch the dots on the radar disappear...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I usually use the multi explosion grenades. I like it when it has two sets of explosions too. Great for groups of enemies, especially high powered ones

Advertisement