Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

ehhh so i just logged in on pc and i have 10 Golden keys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

PC Patch today:

Patch 1.2.0

Patch notes:
    - Fixed fast travel stations from downloadable content sometimes disappearing when loading a saved game.
    - Fixed an issue where players could occasionally be unable to connect to one another if one of them had recently been in DLC that the other doesn't have.
    - Fixed an issue where players were sometimes unable to pick items up after another player had bulk-picked-up a nearby item.
    - Fixed a bug in the inventory UI when quickly scrolling to the bottom of a list using the mouse wheel.
    - Improved PhysX fluid rendering quality at high resolutions.
    - Improved NVIDIA 3D Vision integration.
    - Fixed the "Inverted reverse steering" option not working for clients in a multiplayer game.
    - Fixed the player's backpack sort setting not persisting.
    - Fixed an issue causing players to sometimes crash or freeze after killing Master Gee in the Captain Scarlett DLC.
    - Fixed challenges showing inaccurate completion amounts for area-specific challenges.
    - Fixed a bug where the player's active mission would sometimes fall back to main-game missions when completing other missions in DLC areas.
    - Fixed a bug that could cause players to lose mission rewards that they had not claimed when switching between Normal mode and True Vault Hunter mode.
    - Added a confirmation dialog when opening the golden chest in Sanctuary.
    - Fixed Arid Nexus Badlands showing an undiscovered challenge that was not attainable.
    - Restored some lost progress to players who have had their profiles reset. To ensure you are credited for as much progress as possible, please load your character, select "Continue" on the Main Menu, and then "Save and Quit" after you enter the world. Repeat this process for each character in your character list.
    - Fixed the Mechromancer's Anarchy skill sometimes losing stacks incorrectly for multiplayer clients.
    - Fixed a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck zoomed in when in "Fight for Your Life" mode.
    - Fixed challenge "For The Hoard!" to work properly after resetting challenges.
    - Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause players' skill points to be reset when loading their character.
    - Fixed a bug that could cause enemies and missions to be locked to an incorrect level.
    - Fixed bug causing Tediore reloads to get Amplify shield damage bonuses for each round remaining in the clip.
    - Amplify damage from Amplify Shields is now divided among all projectiles fired from a single shot.
    - Balance adjustments to "The Bee":
    + Increased Recharge Delay
    + Significantly increased Recharge Rate
    + Reduced Amplify damage
    - DLC raid bosses no longer drop Seraph crystals in Normal Mode.
    - Reduced level of DLC raid bosses in Normal Mode.
    - Fixed issue resulting in infinite leveling exploit with Fleshstick.
    - Increased the health of Terramorphous, Willhelm, and Blue.
    - Additional miscellaneous balance tweaks.
    - Fixed issues with the following missions that could cause players to get stuck or not be able to complete them:
    + Plan B
    + Wildlife Preservation
    + Mighty Morphin
    + Animal Rescue: Food
    + The Man Who Would Be Jack
    + Get To Know Jack
    + Where Angels Fear to Tread
    + Trailer Trashing
    + Clan War: First Place
    + Stalker of Stalkers
    + The Once and Future Slab
    + Home Movies
    + Shielded Favors
    + You Are Cordially Invited: Tea Party
    + (Captain Scarlett) Freedom of Speech

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wow, some of those changes are going to annoy a lot of people, and weapons like the Baby Maker and Conference Call will be seriously weakened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

That's the grenade I got in my drop from the Warrior. I haven't used it in anger yet, would it not be effective against groups given the spinny bullet thing?

I do like singularity grenades, great against groups of enemies like Skags or Varkids, especially when you're running past and don't intend actually fighting them... throw one behind and watch the dots on the radar disappear...

It does do some decent damage, and can hit multiple targets, but it's a bit slow.

One good thing is that it can be used against anyone. Throw it at a thresher, it bounces around until they resurface, throw it at a buzzard and it flies after them...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Grim. wrote: »
    ehhh so i just logged in on pc and i have 10 Golden keys :D

Same as, any one have a clue why?

• Advertisement

kayos wrote: »
    Same as, any one have a clue why?

I think it might have been because they knew people would be upset they nerfed The Bee and raised health on some of the bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Penn wrote: »
    I think it might have been because they knew people would be upset they nerfed The Bee and raised health on some of the bosses.

Well I could understand that for the longer term players but I'm just a newbie :). Did everyone get them then?

Yeah I got 12 on my character, only a level 26 Mechro, It could if been a blanket fix for this bug: "Restored some lost progress to players who have had their profiles reset".

Also:

WinPC: CT5J3-BF5HZ-633JB-T33TJ-XSKZF

PS3: WTK3B-WTZ9B-69BCJ-STKTT-BZCX5

X360: WTK3B-WTZ5F-36FBR-KXJTT-BZC6J

Dammit. Who's playing at 2pm that they keep releasing these for?

It's an 18+ rated game, the majority of their players have work....

• Advertisement

In fairness they usually do them at weekends, this is just a midweek bonus :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

BizzyC wrote: »
    Dammit. Who's playing at 2pm that they keep releasing these for?

It's an 18+ rated game, the majority of their players have work....

Shift workers would be off today, also it's not 2pm in the whole world.

PC SHiFT Code: WTCJ3-SHH3K-KFJT3-JBJ3J-H5965

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 5JWTJ-JCSSC-6S6TX-5RBTJ-9RZBJ

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: 5BWJB-W5F5J-JKKWT-9JWJT-KCZ99

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

F1ngers wrote: »
    Shift workers would be off today, also it's not 2pm in the whole world.

Also, it still worked today at 17.30 or so - that's when I checked it. Another one up on Facebook too, as CombatCow has shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

both just worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Both still good on 360.

Joined a MP game. Dude just f*cks out a whole bunch of legendaries. Now have 3 conference calls, 3 Bee shields (one is weaker, but immune to fire), 2 Baby Makers, Infinity Pistol, and a few other legendaries.

I would have been happy enough with the Infinity Pistol. I'd actually been farming Doc Mercy for it at the time anyway :D, Given its high fire rate and infinite ammo, if they nerf how The Bee is used with shotguns and Tediore weapons, it could actually become the best gun in the game.

Actually managed to redeem a shift code yesterday!!
    Pretty rare that they're still live by the time I get them.

Picked up the Bison rifle and a nice 19k dmg launcher last night for the
    dukino's mom
    mission.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Sounds like Moxxis.....

Not sure where you get that vibe (apart from maybe one of the comments under the article), but I hope it isn't.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Not sure where you get that vibe (apart from maybe one of the comments under the article), but I hope it isn't.
    Are you badass enough to survive 'Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage?"

Loved Moxxis just never had enough people to play it with :(

Finally got into a good group and beat Master Gee. Everyone had singularity grenades, two of us were commandos and our turrets could keep Gee in the acid, we had a siren who healed (though it didn't need to be done too often) and a Gunzerker who could help wear him down pretty quickly. No legendaries dropped though (unless some of the others got to them pretty quickly, I mostly went for the Seraph crystals)

Doesn't really matter though. One of the first games I got into this evening, legendaries lying everywhere, so now I'm pretty much full of them. That being said, I think I'm probably finished with the game now until DLC comes out. Few other games I want to start/replay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

DuvalMagic aka Randy Pitchford was asked via tweet when DLC would be out

"@Mizz_Jay84 soon! More info tomorrow and Monday on various news sites. Watch @gearboxsoftware"

Next DLC will be Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage as reveled from the trophy list contained in the ps3 patch a while ago

Loads more info: http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/11/16/fight-for-your-loot-in-borderlands-2s-torgue-dlc

TL;DR: Mixture of Circles of Slaughter and regular missions. New maps. New vault. New currency. New weapons. Tiny Tina is back. Vending machines give out Torque legendaries. No level cap increase (but that's coming soon).

I was going to pick up Hitman on Tuesday looks like I'll be playing Borderlands now :)

PC - CTWTB-JTBW5-KFTTT-JTB33-JTBWB

Xbox 360 - WTWBB-ZJ9Z5-69XJ6-KRTBB-ZHBBH

PlayStation 3 - KTKJB-3CX5B-3CWK3-ZBCJJ-JJZ9T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Above 360 key still working.

Just loaded up the DLC didn't do much yet mostly looking around so far, found a shady guy so had a look to see what he was selling, a Hoplite shield with 150k capacity :eek: +20% for each person wearing one but decreased movement speed for each wearing one :mad:

Why do I get the feeling that this will be needed later on, they better have increased the drop rate of seriph crystals as I costs 120 and the guys in the last dlc drop at most 8 each once a day :(

Edit: The quest names are great :)

• Advertisement

Kotaku Review: http://kotaku.com/5962027/borderlands-2-mr-torgues-campaign-of-carnage-the-kotaku-review

TL;DR: Fun, but not memorable, and definitely not as good as Scarlett.

Advertisement