Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Steam preorder comes with some nice goodies.
    =========================
    Pre-purchase Now and get an upgrade to the Premiere Club Edition.

Includes:

Gearbox Gold Gun Pack
    A package of unique Gearbox Golden Guns to help you start your journey on Pandora!

Golden Key
    Unlock a rare item in the mysterious Sanctuary Loot Chest.

Vault Hunter’s Relic
    Play solo or team up with friends and boost your gear-hunting fortune with the Vault Hunter’s Relic

New Character Class
    Receive a free download of the all-new Mechromancer character class as soon as she’s available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Steam preorder comes with some nice goodies.
    =========================
    Pre-purchase Now and get an upgrade to the Premiere Club Edition.

Includes:

Gearbox Gold Gun Pack
    A package of unique Gearbox Golden Guns to help you start your journey on Pandora!

Golden Key
    Unlock a rare item in the mysterious Sanctuary Loot Chest.

Vault Hunter’s Relic
    Play solo or team up with friends and boost your gear-hunting fortune with the Vault Hunter’s Relic

New Character Class
    Receive a free download of the all-new Mechromancer character class as soon as she’s available

Isn't that the normal pre-order bonus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I got the goty edition of the firs game and thought I played it a bit,checked on steam and apparently i only played 4 hours,must change that soon

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Isn't that the normal pre-order bonus?

Yupp, seems to be with all pre-orders. I just want that shiny Golden Key!

That was a really beautiful eulogy from gearbox. These aren't tears, I swear.

• Advertisement

Just checking my trophies from Borderlands and saw I don't have any for Claptrap's robot revolution and only 1 trophy for Secret Armory DLC. I was fully sure I played through these but guess not. I'm looking for a game to get me through a few weeks, think I'll get this again!

Are secret armory and slaptrap revolution any good? I thought zombie island was excellent, I thought I had the braaaaaaaaaains trophy, I spent f*cking ages collected them but it's not on my list. Looks like I have some unfinished business in Pandora!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Playing through General Knoxx now, its pretty good. Also pretty damn tough, Crimson Lance soak up damage. Biggest problem is theres a lot of driving on highways with no teleports round, so when I am half way to an area for the main quest and a side mission appears back at the start in the same area where Im going im kinda dis-inclined to go back and get it. Then have to head back to finish it, but Im just a nutter for completing quests.

Gonna try jump onto Claptraps after that, heard its good but a few gathering missions are kinda grindy.

I am having trouble replacing my main gun, I got it at level 22 and am now level 40 yet still have not found anything similar:/

As a soldier I am specced so that I have double magazine capacity, And rush the enemies so accuracy isn't an issue:pac:

Damage = 135
    XXdCu.png

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Tiroskan

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Playing through General Knoxx now, its pretty good. Also pretty damn tough, Crimson Lance soak up damage. Biggest problem is theres a lot of driving on highways with no teleports round, so when I am half way to an area for the main quest and a side mission appears back at the start in the same area where Im going im kinda dis-inclined to go back and get it. Then have to head back to finish it, but Im just a nutter for completing quests.

Gonna try jump onto Claptraps after that, heard its good but a few gathering missions are kinda grindy.

Crimson Lance in General Knoxx are significantly stronger than the main game, but I found a decent weapon with x4 corrosive decimates them pretty thoroughly. Still a good challenge in larger numbers, but gives you a much better fighting chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I am having trouble replacing my main gun, I got it at level 22 and am now level 40 yet still have not found anything similar:/

As a soldier I am specced so that I have double magazine capacity, And rush the enemies so accuracy isn't an issue:pac:

Damage = 135
    http://i.imgur.com/XXdCu.png

High accuracy, speed & a large mag is actually very important on a shotgun. If you can get a gun with all 3, it will completely annihilate everything. With an accuracy of 11.7, you will miss with a lot of pellets, even up close. I don't ever use a shotgun with less than 60 accuracy and a mag of 6. (I've completed the game + all DLC's about 7 times now. So I know my guns!)

A low mag = lots of reloading, and that's slow. That lowers DPS considerably.
    Low accuracy = having to get in close as you can't even hit mid-range enemies.
    Low speed = you get murdered when swarmed.

• Advertisement

High accuracy, speed & a large mag is actually very important on a shotgun. If you can get a gun with all 3, it will completely annihilate everything. With an accuracy of 11.7, you will miss with a lot of pellets, even up close. I don't ever use a shotgun with less than 60 accuracy and a mag of 6. (I've completed the game + all DLC's about 7 times now. So I know my guns!)

A low mag = lots of reloading, and that's slow. That lowers DPS considerably.
    Low accuracy = having to get in close as you can't even hit mid-range enemies.
    Low speed = you get murdered when swarmed.

The thing is, I have yet to come across an enemy where I would require a larger magazine. Badasses and bosses are normally dead within a clip when combined with my turret and even then the reload times are negatable due to downtime while waiting for shields to recharge(A side effect from rushing everything that moves).

Oh, And when I say I get rush the enemy, I mean I get right up against them and offload the clip right into their face, Which is a tactic I don't mind. As for getting swarmed, The turret does a good job at distracting the enemies, Leaving me room to kill at my leisure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Excellent, Handsome Jack turning out to be a very likeable character (for a villain)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Is it wrong that my wife is due our 2nd child in September and I'm thinking about how much Borderlands2 I'll be able to fit in in my couple of weeks off work???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

GK1001 wrote: »
    Is it wrong that my wife is due our 2nd child in September and I'm thinking about how much Borderlands2 I'll be able to fit in in my couple of weeks off work???:D

Mine was born in June and Ive worked out a schedule and all.....

Oh god...that **** is awful isnt it ?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

_vti wrote: »
    Mine was born in June and Ive worked out a schedule and all.....

Oh god...that **** is awful isnt it ?!?
    You're among friends here though...leave the shame/bad parenting at the door

Does anyone else think Handsome Jack is actually wearing a mask? I'm thinking his name is ironic and is horribly scarred underneath

527885_355193014557777_2001831530_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

bet it's a clever claptrap disguise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

GK1001 wrote: »
    You're among friends here though...leave the shame/bad parenting at the door

1282370980683.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

_vti wrote: »
    1282370980683.jpg

Steals image for later use :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think Handsome Jack is actually wearing a mask? I'm thinking his name is ironic and is horribly scarred underneath

Nicely spotted.

Was anyone disappointed when the new mechromancer character was described as an girlfriend easy mode? Don't see myself using her if it decreases the challenge.

grizzly wrote: »
    Nicely spotted.

Was anyone disappointed when the new mechromancer character was described as an girlfriend easy mode? Don't see myself using her if it decreases the challenge.

I only heard her release date was moving forward, whats this about an easy mode? I'm gonna try get my gf to play co-op with me so this might come in handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I only heard her release date was moving forward, whats this about an easy mode? I'm gonna try get my gf to play co-op with me so this might come in handy!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-13-borderlands-2-gearbox-reveals-the-mechromancers-girlfriend-mode
    "Can't aim? That's not a problem," Hemingway said.

One of the first skills available in the BFF tree is called Close Enough. This means your bullets that hit walls or other objects, that is, miss their target, have a chance to ricochet off towards the enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Going to post this on the playstation forum too but would anyone be up for completing the 'Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot' DLC co-op? I'm trying it on the upper 40s and am struggling through it.

Also I want to see what the whole You.Will.Die./Clawmerax thing is about :D

My PSN ID is Idea_Squirrel, add me if interested. Was aiming for this Saturday afternoon if there are enough people about.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Should I finish 1st borderland before playing this?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Everybody should finish the first Borderlands :D I enjoyed it, the last few levels weren't exactly a slog or anything, but I'd been playing quite a while at that stage and was getting fatigued with it (but enjoyed them regardless).

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great article on EG about post-game content, including this game's Crawmerax equivalent, cool abilities at the end of each players' skill trees and how NG+ will be a much more challenging game that forces you to play differently. A great read. I really really can't wait for this game to come out.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-13-why-gearbox-created-a-borderlands-2-boss-so-tough-its-nearly-invincible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Should I finish 1st borderland before playing this?

Yes. And try some of the DLC if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

If anyone's planning on preordering this on Steam, it seems to be cheaper on amazon.co.uk, and according to the comments will require steam either way. Both come with the premier club DLC.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Take-2-Borderlands-PC-DVD/dp/B005FUP0VE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1345543363&sr=8-2

It's just under the £25 limit for free shipping to Ireland, sneakily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 st3veebee

Just get it on Amazon.com. DIgital Download!

Advertisement