Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I usually try to keep a rocket launcher on hand in case I go into FFYL at close range. They can wreck, and usually get me back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Denny M wrote: »
    I usually try to keep a rocket launcher on hand in case I go into FFYL at close range. They can wreck, and usually get me back up.

Solid advice right there, was about to say the same thing myself. You want something that has massive splash damage, and don't worry about accuracy, as you should be at close range.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Denny M wrote: »

Just make sure to keep that thing loaded. Nothing worse than switching to your rocket launcher to get yourself out of a FFYL, to realise you didn't reload last time you used it. Especially for the seriously high damage launchers, as they tend to have small clips and loooong reload times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Shift keys

PS3: WTK33-HFR53-JWKKT-SJCB3-CZ3X3
    PC: KJCJ3-XKJKK-5XBBJ-TBTBB-W9HZH
    X360: K3CBJ-3WBTF-F96J6-WF33B-KJS5W

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

My kid found a glitch to get 11 keys on PS3 version :confused: little fecker cant carry all the gear hes nearly 144 keys in about 10 minutes!!!

poll:

Beat him.
    Verify its not on internet, then beat him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 philemon

Hello fellow vault hunters. I'm playing a melee Zero and things were going quite smooth until lvl 48 (slag rapier all the waaaay) till I got to fight BNK-3R... Managed to get him to 50% a few times until I caved in and joined a live party. That went kind of well (?) - we downed him but I got blown off a ledge be last stray mob and by the time I worked my way up all the good stuff was gone. :rolleyes: After that I got some abuse in the next phase for lagging from some mouthy little americans ('revive me faster you $%#' and the like). Now I'm facing Warrior and I can barely dent the b@stard.

I don't really see myself joining random online parties anymore so I was wondering if anyone would like to team up to take him, and few other raid bosses, down (Vermi runs included).
    Loot wise I'm after head/skins and mods but would love to take turns or work out some gentleman's agreement (got stuff to trade too); I don't dupe. :cool:

I also have a siren and a commando in their early 40s for some questing if anyone's interested.

360 GT: iamziemko

(also, I'm a non national if that matters, so you'd have to endure a funny accent)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The next DLC (Sir Hammerlocks Big Game Hunt) is out on January 15th on all platforms. No mention of level cap increase, which is weird....

I think I'm going to hate Witch Doctors - watch this IGN commentary of the first 10 minutes to see why:

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2012/12/20/borderlands-2-sir-hammerlocks-big-game-hunt-gameplay-commentary

Trailer:

Hmmm.... following on from my last post:
    Additionally, 2K confirmed that Borderlands 2 will have the current level 50 cap raised sometime in the first quarter of next year. While Gearbox is still exploring whether they want to do it as part of DLC number four or as a separate download, we were assured that it's being developed in such a way that you'll want to play through the entirety of the game again.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/12/20/borderlands-2-raising-level-cap-soon-more-dlc-planned

A third time?? Yikes.

Oh and more DLC (after the 'first season') is looking very likely....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mr E wrote: »
    Hmmm.... following on from my last post:

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/12/20/borderlands-2-raising-level-cap-soon-more-dlc-planned

A third time?? Yikes.

A Playthrough 3, maybe? Man, that could be mental. Imagine some of the guns...

The new DLC looks pretty good. Glad to see they've done more than just reskin enemies. Thought I saw a new purple vending machine in the IGN video above, hopefully you can use Eridium to buy cool stuff.

(Edit: Actually, looking at it again it may have just been Dr.Zed's machine in a dark corner. Watching on my phone so not the clearest picture. They should have a new vending machine for Eridium though. Once you've bought everything from the vendor, even fighting the raid bosses once a day would rarely deplete your Eridium.)

I really think they are nailing it in terms of the gaps between DLC, with so many games you would be waiting so long you, that interest in playing the game had long left you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Just tweeted:
    PS3: KBW3T-JT9WJ-B5CKB-S35TB-CBTC5
    PC: KJK3B-H6JKK-KX3TT-3TBBT-R5TCK
    X360: 53K3J-SF3JX-6H6J6-5RBJ3-KHRSH

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic

PC / Mac: WTCBB-H5WHC-5F3T3-TBT3T-HR6TJ
    Xbox 360: WBKJT-SSZ5S-6S6B6-5FTTB-X5KSC
    PlayStation 3: CTC33-TZH9K-TW553-STKJ3-RJ3H5

(From Facebook)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I'm done with the game, realised yesterday I was actually farming for weapons rather than playing it and that was the final straw.
    deciding between gta 4, skyrim and BL1 to fill in until the next decent release

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Does anyone else have trouble copying and pasting the shift keys into their game? I can't (the vast majority of the time). Have to do it manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Does anyone else have trouble copying and pasting the shift keys into their game? I can't (the vast majority of the time). Have to do it manually.

Open thread on Phone
    Run game on PC/console

type in code :(

Btw i technically own 3 copies of this game PC x 2 PS3 x 1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The odd time, but that's usually cause I've accidentally copied an extra space or something. If I try to copy it again, it usually works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm done with the game, realised yesterday I was actually farming for weapons rather than playing it and that was the final straw.
    deciding between gta 4, skyrim and BL1 to fill in until the next decent release

I'm the same. Was half considering today starting a new game with a different class (probably Gunzerker) but getting Hitman and NFS Most Wanted for Christmas, and by the time I'm finished those the next DLC will nearly be out. I'd say I might playthrough again as a Gunzerker in the summer or something, but bar the DLC, I can't really be arsed playing it any more. I think I put too much into the game in such a short period of time that I'm suffering from burnout.

Definitely still my GOTY though. Nothing else came close for me this year. Got so much out of this game.

PC / Mac SHiFT Code: W3CTT-96CHC-WFBB3-B3BBT-XS66W
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WT53J-RJBXZ-6Z636-56J3B-RJ39R
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code : WTWTJ-ZRHHW-JWWK3-9TKJB-ZKK53

Just saw these on facebook

More Facebook codes.

PC / Mac SHiFT Code: K3CJT-FRWZK-KRBBT-BJJ33-CB6TH
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: C3CT3-TTBF9-RH6JF-WF3T3-XR3T9
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJ53B-66ZH5-JWK5T-9TKB3-JHC39

The drop rate in this game is starting to drive me mad. :mad: I got two low level legendaries within a space of half an hour yesterday (9 altogether on 3 playthroughs) after starting a new character, but not a single orange lvl 50 after hundreds of kills split between Bunker, Warrior and Terra...

Is there some hidden altar in the game where you can offer skag puppies for a tweak in the odds ? :pac:

• Advertisement

I think they want people to play co-op to get legendaries. More people = better loot.
    You need more than one player to get the good stuff (make sure they're people you trust though!)

Mr E wrote: »
    I think they want people to play co-op to get legendaries. More people = better loot.
    You need more than one player to get the good stuff (make sure they're people you trust though!)

Ah, here's the problem then. I've only non-gaming friends and all the random parties I've joined where silent ninja loot fests.

BL1 was a much less frustrating experience in this regard. Eh... :(

Problem temporarily solved.

I'll just leave this here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

currently at lvl 23 and trying to do the
    kill jack's double
    , getting frustrated as I always die despite having a high - for my level - corrosive sniper and a high damage shock launcher which explodes on reload.

running out of side quests too :(

For those looking for an alternative to the bee deal they fixed if you still have the Evil Smasher and work it ....... BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!

Was lucky enough to still have the quest unplayed you get it from, in the interest of pure curiosity I tried it and pretty much one shot killed Terramorphus on TVHM :eek:

No doubt it will be fixed by the time the DLC rolls out nest week :D

PC / Mac Borderlands 2 SHiFT Code: K3K33-3W9JT-6XJJT-TB3JB-HWZZF
    Xbox 360 Borderlands 2 SHiFT Code: WBWJ3-JHKSK-ZHXT6-CRTJT-BW59W
    PlayStation 3 Borderlands 2 SHiFT Code: WBK3B-FKWCT-KWKWB-SJWTB-XCZK3

Should get you 5 keys.

PS3: 53KBB-SKC53-WWC53-Z353J-CKFRZ
    PC/MAC: CTCBJ-CK6KW-SCF33-TJJJT-WB3CB
    360: CBWBJ-CSC9W-9HXJX-WFB33-WB9SX

There is also an event called "Gear Up" running over the weekend where supposedly loot dropped is better, Today is shotguns, from what I have read on the gear box forums it's just rare and epic stuff with slightly better stats so no point farming for conference calls really.

Just a heads up on the "Gear Up" event, today is the last day and they have modified the Varkids so they go to pod faster and upped the chances of Vermivorous the invincible spawning, and also the chance of him dropping the Norfleet, I got mine from killing him once. Has to be on TVHM.

hammerlock dlc is up on xbox live at the moment, not sure if the issues with the compatibility pack have been ironed out though.

Edit: Compatibility pack still not fixed for 360 so no co-op for me until it's fixed, they have mentioned extending the 'gear up' event though and I'd say it's a safe bet on getting more shift keys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I stopped playing this when I was on the bit of trying to get that city to fly. I remember I got a few new games and BL 2 wen on the shelf. Now Im finished Most Wanted, I was gonna trade it for something new but I should really go back to Borderlands 2!

Advertisement