Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Don't think these were posted?

PC/Mac - C3W3B-6B95C-SWFJJ-B3BJJ-5C6XJ
    PS3 - 5TCJB-35RWB-WCWCJ-93C3J-3SSHR
    Xbox 360 - CB53J-FZFSC-9Z6JF-WRBTB-B5S5S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I stopped playing this when I was on the bit of trying to get that city to fly. I remember I got a few new games and BL 2 wen on the shelf. Now Im finished Most Wanted, I was gonna trade it for something new but I should really go back to Borderlands 2!

If you are playing it and you want some co-op action, pm me if I am online :).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

sarumite wrote: »
    If you are playing it and you want some co-op action, pm me if I am online :).

Will do man!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

is Hammerlock worth it, I've paid for it and all already but not sure I can find the motivation to even play it tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

is Hammerlock worth it, I've paid for it and all already but not sure I can find the motivation to even play it tbh

Not that far into it, feels more like borderlands 1 than anything I've seen in the game so far ............ 250 hours :o Fells very like the Dr. Ned DLC. Not much in the way of a plot or story thus far. Bit early to say it but weakest so far.

On the plus side there are new enemies not just reskined psychos, and even a nod to half life 2 ... did anyone not get that who've played it ?

Edit: The gear up event has been extended until thursday so plenty of time to grab legendary loot, they say the drop rate has been increased but I have fought Vermivorous the invincible 5 times now and a Norfleet has dropped every time, I even got 2 to drop when 2 evolved to supreme badass aka Vermivorous the invincible so I'd say it's safe to say it's a guaranteed drop.

• Advertisement

Playstation Store January Sales updated today, Season Pass looks tempting, that is all DLC packs that will be released right?

Borderlands 2 (ends 23rd January)
    Was €59.99, £49.99, €89.95; now €29.99, £19.99, AU$39.95
    Additional 10% discount for Plus members

Borderlands 2 Season Pass (ends 23rd January)
    Was €29.99/£19.99/AU$39.95; now €14.99/£11.99/AU$21.95

Borderlands 2 Mechromancer Pack (ends 23rd January)
    Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$15.95; now €4.99/£3.99/AU$8.45

Borderlands 2 – Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty (ends 23rd January)
    Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$15.95; now €6.99/£5.49/AU$11.45

Borderlands 2 – Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage +
    Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$15.95; now €6.99/£5.49/AU$11.45

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Playstation Store January Sales updated today, Season Pass looks tempting, that is all DLC packs that will be released right?

The first season only (the 3 that have already been released, plus one other due out in the next few months). There will most likely be a season 2, and that will be another season pass if you want it (or individually bought).

Mr E wrote: »
    The first season only (the 3 that have already been released, plus one other due out in the next few months). There will most likely be a season 2, and that will be another season pass if you want it (or individually bought).

Ah right, well 4 DLC packs for €13.50 is very good anyway! Didn't know there might be a season 2.

I'm up as far as the "Train to Catch" missions on TVHM, and I'm finding it hard to muster the enthusiasm to go through it again. The Tina missions are OK, but I hated that whole map (and varkids).

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm up as far as the "Train to Catch" missions on TVHM, and I'm finding it hard to muster the enthusiasm to go through it again. The Tina missions are OK, but I hated that whole map (and varkids).

Move on to the DLC maybe? You will easily hit the level cap during those.

I didn't mind the Varkids so much as those bloody stalkers in the Highlands, you might as well have some fun with the varkids though and try to spawn the supreme badass one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

calex71 wrote: »
    I didn't mind the Varkids so much as those bloody stalkers in the Highlands, you might as well have some fun with the varkids though and try to spawn the supreme badass one :D

I never even knew the adults could mutate as well, will be trying that myself. Do the Supreme Badass Varkids drop better loot?

I never even knew the adults could mutate as well, will be trying that myself. Do the Supreme Badass Varkids drop better loot?

If you see a few post back he is a named invincible varkid, and the loot is almost better than teramorphus , actually it's much better, be prepared for a fight though, the little hut near the start of caustic caverns is my spot of choice to hind and pick him off, the pod that spawns him is massive :D

Oh fyi only works on true vault hunter mode I believe., as I mentioned earlier in the thread the spawn rate is almost guaranteed until tomorrow evening as is the rocket launcher he drops.

Hmmm. Not quite at 50 yet, might give it a lash though, maybe bring a friend or two.

I wasn't sure if the Supreme Badass Varkid was the same as Vermivorous The Invincible, from here I assumed it wasn't.

Hmmm. Not quite at 50 yet, might give it a lash though, maybe bring a friend or two.

I wasn't sure if the Supreme Badass Varkid was the same as Vermivorous The Invincible, from here I assumed it wasn't.

One of the two will spawn, normally Vermi have a low chance but for the last few days they have made it almost certain he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

One of the two will spawn, normally Vermi have a low chance but for the last few days they have made it almost certain he will.

Trying to get him to spawn... not entirely sure how guaranteed it was

2!!!!! of the fcukers... that was not a fun battle

aaronh007 wrote: »

Means you should have had 2 Norfleet rocketl aunchers drop though :pac:

It's worth it just to see the size of the pods they spawn from

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

It really wasn't :pac:

Had 5/6 ultimate and super badasses flying about, me and one of the lads dying constantly... I'm just thankful my turret cleared the others and let two vermivorouses spawn :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is the pass for all dlc as it's half price on pan.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Varik wrote: »
    Is the pass for all dlc as it's half price on pan.
    Season pass will give you the DLC campaigns (Captain Scarlett, Torgues Campaign, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, and whatever the 4th campaign will be called), but it won't get you stuff like the Mechromancer dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

aaronh007 wrote: »

We probably should have put more thought into it! :D

I must admit while I was dying, the size of the pod was ridiculous! Then when I got back, as Aaron already said, there were 2 of them! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Denny M wrote: »
    Season pass will give you the DLC campaigns (Captain Scarlett, Torgues Campaign, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, and whatever the 4th campaign will be called), but it won't get you stuff like the Mechromancer dlc.

I have her already from pre-ordering but has there been any other content that won't be included or is there going to be a second season.

Varik wrote: »
    I have her already from pre-ordering but has there been any other content that won't be included or is there going to be a second season.

Likely a second season pass , certainly more than 4 dlc.

Just looking at @DuvalMagic on twitter someone asked if next DLC would be a campaign and he responded with unlikely, which leads me to believe it will be like Moxxi's from the 1st game :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Well we still have 1 more DLC to look forward to from this season pass, Then we have the level cap increase coming soon as well so all is not lost!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think the only other things that were released that aren't part of the season pass are the creature slaughterdome and collectors edition pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Don't think these were posted?

PC/Mac - C3W3B-6B95C-SWFJJ-B3BJJ-5C6XJ
    PS3 - 5TCJB-35RWB-WCWCJ-93C3J-3SSHR
    Xbox 360 - CB53J-FZFSC-9Z6JF-WRBTB-B5S5S

That worked for me cheers

Only went back to Borderlands 2 today since it was released.
    Had 10 gold keys somehow. ..read up on it though.

Then also found a way whereby you can use your Gold Keys again and again ad infinitum, by manipulating the properties of your save file (PC of Course)

Tested it with my higher level char (17), and it worked. Though I'm at such a low level there is no real need to be using them over and over.

They have to have one DLC on that ominous moon base (that's visible from all outdoor maps in the game).

When I first saw that moon (before the game was released), I assumed the end of the game would take place there.....

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Then also found a way whereby you can use your Gold Keys again and again ad infinitum, by manipulating the properties of your save file (PC of Course)

Tested it with my higher level char (17), and it worked. Though I'm at such a low level there is no real need to be using them over and over.

Kinda negates the "loot finding aspect of the game though - likely the stuff in the golden chest is better than the vast majority of what might drop. Though if you're not into the loot-finding aspect, then I suppose it doesn't matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Kinda negates the "loot finding aspect of the game though - likely the stuff in the golden chest is better than the vast majority of what might drop. Though if you're not into the loot-finding aspect, then I suppose it doesn't matter!

I'm not at all.
    I found when playing Borderlands, to much time was spent comparing weapons dropped with what I had equipped, and opening boxes for ammo - and having to click of the specific ammo type. Whereas it should automatically jump into my inventory if I need said ammo.

PS3: WJWJJ-TXKK3-CCCKT-9JKBT-59FKB.
    PC/Mac: KTWB3-FKX5W-HCXBB-3TBTJ-BFJWS.
    360: 5TKB3-R9CSW-S9XJX-C6BJT-BZFJ6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

so annoyed at myself and this game:
    i'm playing as the assassin and at level24 on story mission where you have to destroy the bunker and get the vault key off angel. I played the mission all the way to the bunker as used the fast travel back to santucary to grab some rockets i needed. sure enough i can fast travel back to the bunker and now have to bascially redo the last 90 minutes of gameplay which was really tough :(

Advertisement