Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

so annoyed at myself and this game:
    i'm playing as the assassin and at level24 on story mission where you have to destroy the bunker and get the vault key off angel. I played the mission all the way to the bunker as used the fast travel back to santucary to grab some rockets i needed. sure enough i can fast travel back to the bunker and now have to bascially redo the last 90 minutes of gameplay which was really tough :(

I did the same when you fight the first Constructor when you're saving Roland. Fast travel station right before that fight, an at the level I was at, I'd found it really tough getting to that point in the first place.

Tough break, man, especially in that mission which is really difficult to begin with

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

got through it again there, found it easier to get back to where i was. got a really nice drop of a corrosive sniper that can remove a badass constructor in two clips :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

PC : 5B533-HJZKC-SKX3J-BBTBB-HBCBK
    PS3 : WBKTJ-C56K3-CWCWB-ZBCB3-XWJC3
    360 : KBCTT-TSFZC-HSXBX-WFTTT-KWK5T

Codes expire on 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

SeantheMan wrote: »
    PC : 5B533-HJZKC-SKX3J-BBTBB-HBCBK
    PS3 : WBKTJ-C56K3-CWCWB-ZBCB3-XWJC3
    360 : KBCTT-TSFZC-HSXBX-WFTTT-KWK5T

Codes expire on 21st

Are these unique codes and where do you enter them?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I did that BUNKR mistake too. I got as far as it and it was taking ages to beat him. It was 1am, I had work the next day, so I said "feck it" and saved and quit. :(

• Advertisement

Are these unique codes and where do you enter them?

They can be used by everyone once until January 21st. On the main menu, go into the Extras menu, and the Shift Codes option there. Full instructions here:

http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22077056-pc-creating-a-shift-account-in-borderlands-2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

PC / Mac SHiFT Code: KTKB3-TCZC5-9W6JT-BJBTB-6ZHTS
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: K3CT3-WZRS5-9HRJX-KRJ33-39XCC
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KTW33-XWFK3-WWKK3-S3CBB-9JJCR

Spotted these on facebook, valid till the 21st too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Checked my saves tonight..... over all I'm 250 hours into this. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love achievements and how quickly I devour games and move on ..... yet I can't stop playing this :confused:

If people have lvl 50 legendary loot they are looking to trade I'm all ears, have a main character + bank full + another character, at the moment I'm looking for lvl 50 Yellow Jacket, (lvl 48 dropped for me twice :mad:) a Chopper (this is actually blue and easially missed) and a Grounded Whiskey Tango Foxtrot shield (only had a plain one drop for me), and any legendary zerker classmods besides the terra ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

calex71 wrote: »
    Checked my saves tonight..... over all I'm 250 hours into this. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love achievements and how quickly I devour games and move on ..... yet I can't stop playing this :confused:

If people have lvl 50 legendary loot they are looking to trade I'm all ears, have a main character + bank full + another character, at the moment I'm looking for lvl 50 Yellow Jacket, (lvl 48 dropped for me twice :mad:) a Chopper (this is actually blue and easially missed) and a Grounded Whiskey Tango Foxtrot shield (only had a plain one drop for me), and any legendary zerker classmods besides the terra ones.

Jesus. I'm 120 hours in, all told, and I haven't a single bloody legendary to my name. Okay, most of that has been lately - have drop rates been nerfed or something? I haven't really farmed any of the bosses, bar the Warrior and him only about 20 times.

I have wasted about 100k on Rockets for Roscoe and still haven't beaten him. I am now out of money. :)

If I quit to dashboard, (a) will I still have my money, and (b) will I lose the last 5 hours progress since the last time I did a 'proper' save?

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    I have wasted about 100k on Rockets for Roscoe and still haven't beaten him. I am now out of money. :)

If I quit to dashboard, (a) will I still have my money, and (b) will I lose the last 5 hours progress since the last time I did a 'proper' save?

No saves when ever you see that little blue vault logo so you will likely be down a hefty sum , just invite me if you need help/

OK need to grab compatibility pack first, give me 10 mins.

Thanks for that, calex71. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    Thanks for that, calex71. :)

How long did it take to clean up the golden shower i left :D

I went and did Hyperius after that and got 2 more Legendary launchers from him, they really seem to have increased the chances of legendary loot drops in the last week or so.

I got mostly orange gear on my level 14 Gaige ffs

How long did it take to clean up the golden shower i left :D

Heh... about half an hour I think. My safe is most definitely orange-coloured. Pity I won't be able to use most of that gear for another 10-15 hours. :)

It was also nice to see my money balance go from 8k to 1.3m!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I just have to say, tonight was the most bizarre and welcome night I've ever had. Was playing co-op with tok9 and had my game open to randomers and someone else joined. Completed a mission and he just asked "you guys want any legendaries?" Before I could ever respond with, 'I've only got two', what can only be described as a cascade of weapons flew out of him. Legendaries, seraphs, purples and the odd blue :p

Spent the best part of an hour looking through them and due to backpack capacity, had to sell a number of em. Still confused as to what happened... Sheer luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I just have to say, tonight was the most bizarre and welcome night I've ever had. Was playing co-op with tok9 and had my game open to randomers and someone else joined. Completed a mission and he just asked "you guys want any legendaries?" Before I could ever respond with, 'I've only got two', what can only be described as a cascade of weapons flew out of him. Legendaries, seraphs, purples and the odd blue :p

Spent the best part of an hour looking through them and due to backpack capacity, had to sell a number of em. Still confused as to what happened... Sheer luck

Honestly, if ye had seen the amount of weapons he dropped in one go.

I'm going to take a guess that in total he dropped at least 100 weapons and half of them were legendaries.

Literally like a stream of weapons flowing from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

so he blasted you with pi ....... err legendaries :D

Yeah, that's how I got most of my legendaries. Don't know how they drop so much considering you can only carry 35 items at a time, but I wasn't complaining. Happened me twice when I joined random games and walked in to see a whole pile of legendaries and three people just standing over them, presumably just comparing stuff. After hours and hours trying to farm The Warrior, ended up with three different Conference Calls in one go.

Have returned the favour a few times by duping all my weapons for people. Paying it forward

I've been in a few games where people dropped stuff, but I'd rather earn the legendaries.... at least that's what I'm thinking right now. I've farmed the Warrior about 30-40 times and not a single Legendary. Same from Hunter Hellquist (except he's about 60-70 times) and a few other Legendary drops.

I'd guess my opinion will change after a while more farming, I'm starting get irritated, and it's becoming a chore rather than reasonably fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

I've been kinda lucky.
    Farmed a few legendaries and got them after a few tries. e.g. the conference call dropped on warrior after 2nd try and the bee on the 4th. Trying to get the sniper now from the warrior.
    Karma will probably see it drop after the 10,000 time trying :)

I've been in a few games where people dropped stuff, but I'd rather earn the legendaries.... at least that's what I'm thinking right now. I've farmed the Warrior about 30-40 times and not a single Legendary. Same from Hunter Hellquist (except he's about 60-70 times) and a few other Legendary drops.

I'd guess my opinion will change after a while more farming, I'm starting get irritated, and it's becoming a chore rather than reasonably fun.

I know what you mean. I wanted to beat Terramorphous before getting a Conference Call because otherwise it'd just feel cheap (I still used The Bee, but not the CC and took me a lot of tries, money and ammo)

As far as I'm concerned though, if I know I can beat the boss, then there's nothing really to "earn" with regards legendaries as it comes down to chance whether or not you get it, not skill. I'd gotten some legendaries myself (The Bee, Baby Maker, Sledge's Shotgun, Terramorphous class mods, one or two other legendaries), but the repeated farming of bosses I knew I could easily beat is just annoying. Beating The Warrior 20 times in an hour, for at least 6 hours for a Conference Call in my mind means I've earned it, it just hasn't dropped.

Penn wrote: »
    I know what you mean. I wanted to beat Terramorphous before getting a Conference Call because otherwise it'd just feel cheap (I still used The Bee, but not the CC and took me a lot of tries, money and ammo)

As far as I'm concerned though, if I know I can beat the boss, then there's nothing really to "earn" with regards legendaries as it comes down to chance whether or not you get it, not skill. I'd gotten some legendaries myself (The Bee, Baby Maker, Sledge's Shotgun, Terramorphous class mods, one or two other legendaries), but the repeated farming of bosses I knew I could easily beat is just annoying. Beating The Warrior 20 times in an hour, for at least 6 hours for a Conference Call in my mind means I've earned it, it just hasn't dropped.

I feel the same, no guilt what so ever in running hyperious using the infinity pistol / evil smasher combo. You can basically kill him 20 times in 2 minutes and watch loot and serphs pile up :D Soloing him legit on tvhm gives me a clear conscience when do this :D

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 53KJ3-CK9W5-Z5XB3-T3BJT-969KW

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 5BCTT-XX6SC-ZSXJX-KFJBJ-66R5W

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CTWJJ-95F53-CKCW3-9JWJT-T5ZBB

Valid through the 27th January for those that actually sleep / work etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Great timing, I just turned it on :D

Anyone know if you can do the pirate Captain Scarlett missions again? I've done them once, and have finished TVHM. Wouldn't mind killing the Leviathan again and getting some level 50 gear off him.

Anyone know if you can do the pirate Captain Scarlett missions again? I've done them once, and have finished TVHM. Wouldn't mind killing the Leviathan again and getting some level 50 gear off him.

I know you can definitely do it twice in one play through (the leviathan fight) it's actually required to get the achievement for completing all the missions iirc , not sure about a third etc. there are far better spots for getting lvl 50 drops though, I never got much good from the chamber at the end.

That said, if you are moving on to the Torge DLC next I'd advise good gear, I found that tough enough on TVHM.

I know you can definitely do it twice in one play through (the leviathan fight) it's actually required to get the achievement for completing all the missions iirc , not sure about a third etc. there are far better spots for getting lvl 50 drops though, I never got much good from the chamber at the end.

That said, if you are moving on to the Torge DLC next I'd advise good gear, I found that tough enough on TVHM.

Nah, finished Torgue easily enough with purple/blue L50 gear. Got some decent stuff. Have the Bee and a legendary Torgue grenade.

Killed the Leviathan there... couldn't get back into the loot room at all. I know there's a glitch out there for doing it when he's dead, but I'm not using that.

Anyone up for some Terramorphousing? davsheep is the steam name.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dnot raed tihs

Anybody play Borderlands on xbox?

Ive had B2 for about a month now but sadly i have only been able to play single player because none of my Xbox live friends play it.
    Would anybody be interested in looting the **** out of this amazing game with me?

XBLGT: BRAMBLEWELL08

PS: I just released a Borderlands 2 appreciation thread. Its new and very vey very (very) small at the momoent but i would appreciate if yous could give it a look. THANKS :D

• Advertisement

PS3: K3K3B-66K5T-CWCCT-9BK3T-BF5KS
    PC/Mac: KBCBB-BFFWC-HKXBT-3TBTJ-9XZ3C
    360: WBKJJ-B3RHK-ZH6BX-KRTBB-3FBCH

Aaaand another set of codes...

PS3: WJ5TJ-WRKKT-WW5W3-HJWTB-ZBXJK
    PC/Mac: C35TB-ZWFCW-HCF3T-TTBTJ-RHWT6
    360: CTWJT-9H59W-9HRJR-WFBTT-XHKR9

Advertisement