Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Have my code ready to download when released, got it free with new gfx card :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Anybody know anywhere taking preorders for the limited edition?

Seems like I missed out on the ultimate loot chest :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Q_Ball wrote: »

The steam version has a free upgrade to the Premier Club Edition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Q_Ball wrote: »

Are they all gone from xtravision?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Borderlands 2 pre-order is just up on Gamesnash.ie. Gonna trade in a few games from pre-ordering it though. Dunno how i'm going to juggle fifa and Borderlands tho.

http://gamesnash.ie/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=borderlands+2&x=44&y=13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

An hour's footage of Borderlands 2 (with IGN AU's Pubcast team and Randy Pitchford)

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2012/08/29/ign-au-pubcast-plays-borderlands-2

23 days to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I'm playing through the first one now and loving it. Anyone know where it's cheapest, digital or physical? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Are they all gone from xtravision?

Xtravision still have them, can be preordered from any store for a €5. Not sure how much it is though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I'm playing through the first one now and loving it. Anyone know where it's cheapest, digital or physical? Thanks

Is it decent to play through alone ?
    I've had the game for ages, but never downloaded it or installed it, as I didn't have anyone to play with :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Played through the first Borderlands, bought the expansion but couldn't get it running.. could have been because of my.. acquired copy >_>

Will buy it on steam and run about it again! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

SeantheMan wrote: »
    DeSelby83 wrote: »

I've had the game for ages, but never downloaded it or installed it, as I didn't have anyone to play with :rolleyes:

I think it is anyway and I'm going it alone. Tried it online once and it was a mess,everyone was off doing their own thing and kinda soured it for me.probably should give it another go online

I played start to finish on solo campaign and it was brilliant all the way through. I hear BL2 will have monsters (1 in particular) that will need 4 level 50+ guys and different classes to help each other to beat so will be more tempted to go online with the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its brilliant, one of the best online games ever made.

Coop is better than SP as "the creatures of Pandora grow stronger"

So happy i bought a shiney new nvidia GTX card last week,first i get borderlands 2 free then i see this video ;)

Where the hell am i going to get time to play it though?
    Guild Wars 2 has all my gaming time now, Dark Souls had it for about 5 hours over the weekend but i decided to put it on the long finger as ive waited for guild wars 2 longer but wow dark souls is epic.
    By all accounts BL2 looks great too.

@ seantheman, yes its a fantastic game to play solo.

Wow that is some difference! I guess PS3 get the sh*tty version of that video? That grenade that sucks everything into it looks class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Dcully wrote: »
    So happy i bought a shiney new nvidia GTX card last week,first i get borderlands 2 free then i see this video ;)

Where the hell am i going to get time to play it though?
    Guild Wars 2 has all my gaming time now, Dark Souls had it for about 5 hours over the weekend but i decided to put it on the long finger as ive waited for guild wars 2 longer but wow dark souls is epic.
    By all accounts BL2 looks great too.

@ seantheman, yes its a fantastic game to play solo.

What a joke of a video. If the game does indeed look like the video on the left without GTX support then they are really screwing people over big time and making the game a massive advertisement for nVidia but I highly doubt that's the case as gearbox would basically be shooting themselves in the foot.

It's more than likely the PC version with everything maxed on a super rig versus the console version used as an advertisement for nVidia.

Big Knox wrote: »
    What a joke of a video. If the game does indeed look like the video on the left without GTX support then they are really screwing people over big time and making the game a massive advertisement for nVidia but I highly doubt that's the case as gearbox would basically be shooting themselves in the foot.

It's more than likely the PC version with everything maxed on a super rig versus the console version used as an advertisement for nVidia.

Quite possible but you can clearly see physics in action , forget the graphics for a minute and watch the physics.
    As for one being console and the other PC, again quite possible but both look to be of similar resolution.

Season Pass news released. There are 4 DLC's planned at a tenner each but you can buy a season pass for approx 30 quid (price might change with crazy conversion rates). So thats 80 for a GOTY edition.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=144987

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Big Knox wrote: »

They are PhysX features. graphics will be the same using AMD or Nvidia cards but only PhysX powered Nvidia cards will get those nice physics. Really like the tearing cloth physics :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Pre-ordered it today via gamestop. Im happy with the pre-order bonus on the standard game.
    I had no idea the minimum deposit for pre-order had gone from 3 to 5 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Christ i'm going to be broke come November... €120 for the loot edition of this, €120 for the AC3 with statue and €200 for the Prestige Edition of Blops2...

And add the want of a completely new uber-powerful rig to play this on and i don't think my mortgage will be paid by xmas... Those visuals are beautiful with the PhysX.

Christ i'm going to be broke come November... €120 for the loot edition of this, €120 for the AC3 with statue and €200 for the Prestige Edition of Blops2...

You left out the €1000 Resi 6 Leather Jacket Edition :pac:

Im conditioned now to fancy effects in games especially FPS ....i go WOW for about 10 seconds then shoot everything and not even notice them anymore.

Borderlands using Unreal Engine 3 so every PC ever will be ale to run it superbly.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think Handsome Jack is actually wearing a mask? I'm thinking his name is ironic and is horribly scarred underneath

527885_355193014557777_2001831530_n.jpg

Its clearly Dr Ned (totally not zed).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

sheehy83 wrote: »
    You left out the €1000 Resi 6 Leather Jacket Edition :pac:

And i see they're sold out already... Drats!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Out of interest how many of you are getting this for Pc ?

Because I bought Borderlands 1 but didn't have anyone to team up with :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Man, I'd love the Loot Chest Edition. Wish I could actually get money from trading in games, I'd get it in a heartbeat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

blobby360 wrote: »

I bought Borderlands on Xbox, played through it once and traded it in. Wasn't so keen on part 2 till today when i watched a few videos i went straight onto steam and bought it :D

That PhysX is glorious!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

blobby360 wrote: »

Well of course I'm getting it for the PC. Why would I want to buy it for sub standard gaming devices like Xbox or PS3? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Borderlands 2: An Introduction by Sir Hammerlock

Advertisement