Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

have no idea why I'm still redeeming these I have over 50 now..... just can't resist lol and they only put time out to gather player data kinda like cookies on web sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I have 16 but can't (psychologically) use them for some reason. My level 43 siren could do with some new weapons, especially since I have one build for solo and one for co-op

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Do the items from Golden Keys scale if you're level 61 when redeeming?

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Do the items from Golden Keys scale if you're level 61 when redeeming?

yes they should match your level, or if below the cap I noticed sometimes a level above you depending how close to the next level you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

calex71 wrote: »
    yes they should match your level, or if below the cap I noticed sometimes a level above you depending how close to the next level you are.

Cheers, I'll hang on to "most" of them til then so. Have about 30 or so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Started playing theought the dlc as I was playing true vault hunter mode and got to the bit where
    sanctuary flies to the sky

The levels just got too much. Enemies were like 40 where I was only 38.

Cleared the capt. Scarlett booty within 2 hours (main missions). Do the other dlc's become a bit more challenging?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Started playing theought the dlc as I was playing true vault hunter mode and got to the bit where
    sanctuary flies to the sky

The levels just got too much. Enemies were like 40 where I was only 38.

Cleared the capt. Scarlett booty within 2 hours (main missions). Do the other dlc's become a bit more challenging?

It pretty much all scales to your level, so the other DLC will pretty much be the same level. Sir Hammerlocks is very short though (in terms of main missions). Torgue's is well worth doing for the entertainment and humour rather than challenge, but the experience you get will help level you up to keep going with the main story missions.

cool, you think i should do them in true vault hunter mode or regular?

Better loot and xp in tvhm, did you beat the raid bosses in Cpt. Scarlet ? if so then the others wont be an issue for you. Also the weapons in the Torgue DLC will be invaluable for +lvl 50 play if you get the UVHM pack.

raid bosses? forgive my ignorance but don't know the term? I just played the main story missions and played through on normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

bosses that make terramorphus look simple

raid bosses? forgive my ignorance but don't know the term? I just played the main story missions and played through on normal.

Loosely defined as a boss that should not be possible to kill solo or at least be near impossible and give a better reward as a consequence more a mmorgp term , originally before it was patched in Borderlands 2 Hyperious and Master Gee were both level 52 on normal and were very tough even for a a group of 4 on normal difficulty, the patch brought them down to lvl 32 on normal so you may have just smacked them about on your own :D

calex71 wrote: »
    Loosely defined as a boss that should not be possible to kill solo or at least be near impossible and give a better reward as a consequence more a mmorgp term , originally before it was patched in Borderlands 2 Hyperious and Master Gee were both level 52 on normal and were very tough even for a a group of 4 on normal difficulty, the patch brought them down to lvl 32 on normal so you may have just smacked them about on your own :D
    oh nope haven't touch any raid bosses, mainly cause i have no friends (well that play on PC ;))

TVHM. The rewards and XP you get from doing them in Normal means it wouldn't be worth it.

If you're finding TVHM in the main game tough, I'd also suggest going back to early locations (Southern Shelf, Three Divides) and doing some of the side missions. They should help level you up a bit more too, and you should be a few levels above them so they should be easier now.

Penn wrote: »
    TVHM. The rewards and XP you get from doing them in Normal means it wouldn't be worth it.

If you're finding TVHM in the main game tough, I'd also suggest going back to early locations (Southern Shelf, Three Divides) and doing some of the side missions. They should help level you up a bit more too, and you should be a few levels above them so they should be easier now.
    my problem here is any side missions i have are either blocked or i have to
    turn in at sanctuary which isn't possible at the moment as i'm at that part in the main story where it's off the fast travel network

i'm working my way through the Torgue's dlc in TVHM and i dislike it already, i dislike the arena fights as i'm an assassin and prefer to be miles from my targets ;).

my problem here is any side missions i have are either blocked or i have to
    turn in at sanctuary which isn't possible at the moment as i'm at that part in the main story where it's off the fast travel network

i'm working my way through the Torgue's dlc in TVHM and i dislike it already, i dislike the arena fights as i'm an assassin and prefer to be miles from my targets ;).

Woooo there hold on some of those side quests really should not even be accepted until you hit the level cap, due to their quest rewards being very useful, like Rakkaholics Anonymous which give you the rubi pistol.

haven't taken that one on yet, they were the first wave of sanctuary side quests, hmm i take it i shouldn't do certain side quests so :pac:.

Don't worry, most of the missions are fairly standard ones, not Arena ones. In fact that's probably the only mandatory Arena one.

Twitter code for FIVE golden keys (someone's birthday or something)

PS3: WBWB3-9BKX3-KC5W3-H35B3-3KSX9.
    WinPC/MAC: 5JCJ3-5TFFK-9WRBT-3B3BJ-63SS3.
    X360: WJ53J-XRBHF-B3Z3R-5RB33-H6Z5X

Twitter code for FIVE golden keys (someone's birthday or something)

PS3: WBWB3-9BKX3-KC5W3-H35B3-3KSX9.
    WinPC/MAC: 5JCJ3-5TFFK-9WRBT-3B3BJ-63SS3.
    X360: WJ53J-XRBHF-B3Z3R-5RB33-H6Z5X

Know how long these are valid? Have turned off the mac and don't want to put it on until tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Know how long these are valid? Have turned off the mac and don't want to put it on until tomorrow?

They were posted about an hour before I posted them here. He said they were while stocks last so should be good for a few hours. With them being for five keys, can't imagine them lasting too much longer to be honest

Finished Cpt.Scarlett's DLC (well, I chickened out and just ran straight through a lot of areas with enemies rather than fighting them as I couldn't be bothered). Did the Treasure Room legit once and got nothing. Started doing the Treasure Room Glitch and got one legendary out of 4 tries (Fire Leech grenade). Glitch is pretty tough to do as there's no sure way of doing the elevator part so you could spend a few minutes at it constantly jumping and getting nowhere. Still probably faster and less hassle than the WEP loot midgets, though not sure which is more likely to give you stuff. Did the WEP run twice last night too and got nothing from it.

Joined a random game on Sunday and beat Pyro Pete. Got a Big Boom Blaster seraph shield (which is actually pretty good. Never used booster shields before but this one has high capacity and it's special effect is refilling a grenade and rocket with each booster picked up, which is fairly handy) and some guy threw out a few legendaries too. Got a Lvl61 fire Norfleet (awesome), Lvl61 Bee shield (much better than my Lvl60 one I farmed) and a Lvl61 Hellfire. Still mostly sticking with my Lvl57 DPUH and Slagga combo.

Can you get Torgue Tokens in TVHM any more? Wouldn't mind a Lvl61 DPUH and I'd say just buying one would be the easiest. Out of tokens myself though, so was going to go back to TVHM as a Lvl61 and do the bar brawl there.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Finished Cpt.Scarlett's DLC (well, I chickened out and just ran straight through a lot of areas with enemies rather than fighting them as I couldn't be bothered). Did the Treasure Room legit once and got nothing. Started doing the Treasure Room Glitch and got one legendary out of 4 tries (Fire Leech grenade). Glitch is pretty tough to do as there's no sure way of doing the elevator part so you could spend a few minutes at it constantly jumping and getting nowhere. Still probably faster and less hassle than the WEP loot midgets, though not sure which is more likely to give you stuff. Did the WEP run twice last night too and got nothing from it.

Joined a random game on Sunday and beat Pyro Pete. Got a Big Boom Blaster seraph shield (which is actually pretty good. Never used booster shields before but this one has high capacity and it's special effect is refilling a grenade and rocket with each booster picked up, which is fairly handy) and some guy threw out a few legendaries too. Got a Lvl61 fire Norfleet (awesome), Lvl61 Bee shield (much better than my Lvl60 one I farmed) and a Lvl61 Hellfire. Still mostly sticking with my Lvl57 DPUH and Slagga combo.

Can you get Torgue Tokens in TVHM any more? Wouldn't mind a Lvl61 DPUH and I'd say just buying one would be the easiest. Out of tokens myself though, so was going to go back to TVHM as a Lvl61 and do the bar brawl there.

Yes, the tokens are still available, and the mobs are only around level 50 so it is an easy farm.

nocal wrote: »
    Yes, the tokens are still available, and the mobs are only around level 50 so it is an easy farm.

Did it Tuesday night and got enough for a DPUH but couldn't find one in any of the machines, not even last night (and that's with constantly exiting the game to change what was in the machine. Saw several of the other types of Unkempt Harolds, but no DP ones).

So was doing the Treasure Room last night. First 7 runs, only found a Deadly Bloom shield (the one you get from the Overlook missions). 8th run, three legendaries, including of course, a DPUH that I'd farmed Torgue Tokens to get :D. Few more legendaries in a few runs after that, mostly Lvl61 versions of legendaries I already had but were Lvl57 etc.

Don't know whether to still buy another DPUH or go for something else. Nukem looks good but already have a Lvl61 fire Norfleet so I might not end up using the Nukem. Kerblaster might be the way to go as I don't really have any good assault rifles.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Kerblaster is not too bad. I picked up a couple farming WEP - the LLM farming became easier rocking the Kerblaster with my slag Rubi. Some people are big fans of the Flakkers but I believe it is very much down to personal taste.

nocal wrote: »
    Kerblaster is not too bad. I picked up a couple farming WEP - the LLM farming became easier rocking the Kerblaster with my slag Rubi. Some people are big fans of the Flakkers but I believe it is very much down to personal taste.

I thought everyone hated the Flakker? Never found any use for it myself. Thought it'd be great in FFYL if you were surrounded by enemies but it was still crap.

Was checking out the Wiki of the Torgue Legendaries and think I will just go for another DPUH. I think if I was using slag grenades, zerking with two DPUHs, was using the Big Boom Blaster seraph shield (each booster refills a grenade) and a Sheriff's Badge relic... it'd be pretty unstoppable even against some of the raid bosses (bar ammo not regenerating fast enough)

50/50 on normal mobs but against say Hyperious and Pete I found 2 DPUH a liability and to heavy on ammo. With a DPUH / Slagga combo I could kill him solo 90% of the time, thats based on a build using the auspicious raider mod with + 6 to money shot given how often the DP reloads combined with landing a critical you are looking at serious DPS, I also ditched legendary nades in favor of a blue homing slag singularity to manage mobs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just posted on the Twitters:

PS3: C35BB-WZZWJ-5W5KT-ZT5BB-H3SXZ
    WinPC/Mac: KB53J-ZFBR5-HWRTB-T3TTB-RFJFR
    X360: WJKJT-W59F6-J3Z3F-KRTJB-C5CFS

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Shiminay wrote: »
    Just posted on the Twitters:

PS3: C35BB-WZZWJ-5W5KT-ZT5BB-H3SXZ
    WinPC/Mac: KB53J-ZFBR5-HWRTB-T3TTB-RFJFR
    X360: WJKJT-W59F6-J3Z3F-KRTJB-C5CFS

I see your call and raise to 5 golden keys:

PS3: KB5JJ-J5WXJ-K5WKB-9JCTB-ZTTRC
    WinPC/MAC: W35JB-XT66C-ZWFBT-3TTT3-H9F6F
    X360: CT5TB-ZFB9R-B3ZJR-KXJTJ-9H5TH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Xbox code from Shiminay's post has expired. If you haven't used it yet, Major Nelson's xbox code (from a few weeks ago) is still active - worth 3 keys.

KTW3T-ZXXS5-JBSJF-5FJT3-6TB9X

Advertisement