Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

calex71 wrote: »
    50/50 on normal mobs but against say Hyperious and Pete I found 2 DPUH a liability and to heavy on ammo. With a DPUH / Slagga combo I could kill him solo 90% of the time, thats based on a build using the auspicious raider mod with + 6 to money shot given how often the DP reloads combined with landing a critical you are looking at serious DPS, I also ditched legendary nades in favor of a blue homing slag singularity to manage mobs.

Well my problem was solved for me. First Treasure Room run tonight got me another DPUH. Don't think I need to spend Torgue Tokens on a third one now. Few more legendaries, but none of the ones I want (Sham, explosive Norfleet, Infinity (two preferably but I'll not be greedy), Slagga (mine is still only Lvl50), Maggie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Penn wrote: »
    Well my problem was solved for me. First Treasure Room run tonight got me another DPUH. Don't think I need to spend Torgue Tokens on a third one now. Few more legendaries, but none of the ones I want (Sham, explosive Norfleet, Infinity (two preferably but I'll not be greedy), Slagga (mine is still only Lvl50), Maggie)

Really you can farm the slagga as it's drop is relatively high , from the hodunks, just travel manually through the exit from lynchwood to dust first so you spawn by them on the reload.

really though the lvl 50 is all you need, you are not looking to damage with it , sure even my lvl 61 is not fit for tickling standard mobs in uvhm , the rate of fire combined with chance to slag and the slag duration are whats important , but even chance to slag goes out the window because of rate of fire being so high that slag will stick almost instantly regardless of % chance

TLDR your lvl 50 slagga will be just as effective as a lv 61 :)

Really you can farm the slagga as it's drop is relatively high , from the hodunks, just travel manually through the exit from lynchwood to dust first so you spawn by them on the reload.

really though the lvl 50 is all you need, you are not looking to damage with it , sure even my lvl 61 is not fit for tickling standard mobs in uvhm , the rate of fire combined with chance to slag and the slag duration are whats important , but even chance to slag goes out the window because of rate of fire being so high that slag will stick almost instantly regardless of % chance

TLDR your lvl 50 slagga will be just as effective as a lv 61 :)

I haven't done the side missions leading up to it in UVHM, so can't farm for it. Like you say, there's not much difference between the Lvl50 and 61 so I'm not actively trying to get it, would just prefer to find it in one of the treasure chests than another legendary sniper. I'd be more tempted to farm the Bunker for the Sham shield though I killed Bunker well over 50 times as Axton while levelling up Salvador in the background and he never dropped anything good, so I might be better continuing with the treasure room and hoping for the best. Start farming Bunker if they ever fix the treasure room glitch.

June 25th is being mentioned as the date for the 4th DLC with a gap of 6 months between this and Hammerlocks I really hope this delivers,

I really don;t see them doing a seconds season pass at this point, and I have to admit even I'm getting tired of it, the recent adjustments to drop rates in UVHM are just baffling, I mean why do it in UVHM when some one has invested the time needed to get there why rob them of rewards for it, Pete is now totally pointless I've noticed he is not dropping the same amount of seraph grenade mods and 9/10 all he will drop is a hoplite, his chance of legendary is lower too from my runs over the last few nights, 30 + runs and nothing but a hopelite every time.

June 25th is being mentioned as the date for the 4th DLC with a gap of 6 months between this and Hammerlocks I really hope this delivers,

I really don;t see them doing a seconds season pass at this point, and I have to admit even I'm getting tired of it, the recent adjustments to drop rates in UVHM are just baffling, I mean why do it in UVHM when some one has invested the time needed to get there why rob them of rewards for it, Pete is now totally pointless I've noticed he is not dropping the same amount of seraph grenade mods and 9/10 all he will drop is a hoplite, his chance of legendary is lower too from my runs over the last few nights, 30 + runs and nothing but a hopelite every time.

Really? I only beat him about 7 or 8 times this weekend and got a few legendaries (Transformer shield and a Fabled Tortoise shield), his grenade mod and a Big Boom Blaster shield. Few Hoplites too.

As for the DLC, this one is being made by Gearbox themselves, so I'm expecting a lot more from it than the others. I agree that there's no real need for a second round of DLC. By the time they get round to them we'll really be in the next gen, and with the amount of DLC they've given for this game so far, I can't see as many continuing with the game for another round. I don't even really have much interest in playing as the new Psycho character.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Really? I only beat him about 7 or 8 times this weekend and got a few legendaries (Transformer shield and a Fabled Tortoise shield), his grenade mod and a Big Boom Blaster shield. Few Hoplites too.

As for the DLC, this one is being made by Gearbox themselves, so I'm expecting a lot more from it than the others. I agree that there's no real need for a second round of DLC. By the time they get round to them we'll really be in the next gen, and with the amount of DLC they've given for this game so far, I can't see as many continuing with the game for another round. I don't even really have much interest in playing as the new Psycho character.

I already have most if not all of his class mods, heads and skins :D

...but no way am I prepared to take him from 1-61 over 3 plays into UVHM, for a sale they really need to allow you start leveled to 50 in UVHM with him

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

... they really need to allow you start leveled to 50 in UVHM with him

I really can't see that happening (unfortunately).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Is May 14th not the release date for the new character (Krieg) and final DLC?
    Pretty sure it was mentioned on the usual randy/gearbox twitter feeds over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Shift keys from Gearbox Twitter:

PS3: KTC3B-9BR3J-66WKT-SJCTT-RBZWR

WinPC/Mac: KBCTT-5JSTW-3SXJ3-BBTT3-RTTK6

X360: 5JKBT-6W6BH-C5ZTF-WRBTB-J9SWZ

Is May 14th not the release date for the new character (Krieg) and final DLC?
    Pretty sure it was mentioned on the usual randy/gearbox twitter feeds over the weekend.

Krieg is released on 14th, but he doesn't come with new missions.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n13153/krieg-is-coming-to-borderlands-soon.htm

The 4th DLC for the Season Pass is Tiny Tina's Assault on Dungeon Keep, out on June 25th.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-14813-Borderlands-2-s-Next-DLC-is-Tiny-Tina-s-Assault-on-Dungeon-Keep.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sulc84

Played game on my xbox 360 before it gone to rrod..

They're testing the shift code system, so these codes are good for an hour at most. Good luck!

PS3: WBKB3-BW63B-X6CKT-ZBC3J-B5WJJ

WinPC/Mac: WT5TJ-FTH35-B9RTB-BTJT3-5T5KB

X360: WJKBT-95RTS-5CH36-5RJ33-5B56Z

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sulc84

where did you get those ingame codes ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

A lot of them come from either twitter or facebook.

sulc84 wrote: »
    where did you get those ingame codes ?

As Angron says, I'm following Randy Pitchford on twitter. He posts them up every now and again for various reasons: Birthdays, systems tests etc.

Some have a limited shelf life, others are valid for months. Worth taking a look back through this thread or at the page runawaybishop provided previously:

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_Shift_Codes

Another Gear Up weekend this week, spawning more badass psychos and increased drops on bandit gear,

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1033/borderlands-2-gear-up-weekend--the-beast-approaches/

Another Gear Up weekend this week, spawning more badass psychos and increased drops on bandit gear,

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1033/borderlands-2-gear-up-weekend--the-beast-approaches/

Is there any decent Bandit gear even??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

They tend to have massive magazines, and that's pretty much their best aspect. Some of them like the Slagga are pretty popular though.

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Is there any decent Bandit gear even??

common stuff is fairly average, Gunzerker's legendary class mod is bandit, Plasma casters as nice depending on element / magazine.

Gub pistol is great for loaders, well not on UHVM but it was on TVHM.

And the Hide of Terramorphous is a very nice shield, with combined maylay, nova and spike properties , very very effective if used with gaige and her speced for deathtrap

These were tweeted about 8 hours ago, but the Xbox code just worked for me there :)

PS3: KJKBJ-KK6BT-XR5CT-9JCJJ-T5C3X.

WinPC/Mac: KTCTT-ZTZ3C-JZX3J-JTBBJ-JFKT9.

X360: CJ5T3-TRX3H-C5SJR-W6TTB-TCZBX

Has anybody purchased Krieg? I'm still on the first playthrough, so will probably give this one a miss.

• Advertisement

Jayd0g wrote: »
    These were tweeted about 8 hours ago, but the Xbox code just worked for me there :)

PS3: KJKBJ-KK6BT-XR5CT-9JCJJ-T5C3X.

WinPC/Mac: KTCTT-ZTZ3C-JZX3J-JTBBJ-JFKT9.

X360: CJ5T3-TRX3H-C5SJR-W6TTB-TCZBX

Has anybody purchased Krieg? I'm still on the first playthrough, so will probably give this one a miss.

I wasn't going to bother with Krieg but getting pretty bored of just using Salvador to farm for legendaries. I'll probably level up Krieg to about level 30 before actually using him properly though, especially if I have to play through the main story three more times to get him into UVHM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

started playing this game a couple of weeks ago, and pumped 20 hours in to it in the first 3 days, which is unheard of for me these days.
    just finished it on level 32, great game and looks fantastic on pc.
    what did ye guys do next, vault hunter mode and start from scratch? i'd like to start from scratch with my current guns and do the game again with all the side missions this time.

p.s. can't wait for the june steam sale to pick up the first one for dirt cheap too:D

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Basically after you beat Handsome Jack and the Warrior you have 2 things left to do. Back in sanctuary your given a mission by Mordeicai to kill a Hyperion Raido man (the only reason to do this is the slightly higher chance of him dropping a very good shield called the bee), its a simply enough mission. You also unlock the raid boss Terrormorphus in a quest you pick up from Tannis. The raid is designed for 4 players and there is a eridum fee to pay as well. There is also a hidden raid boss that can be accessed at any time. Raid bosses drop excellent loot.

Beating the game unlocks true vault hunter mode which sees you keep all your equipment and gear and start the game again, but enemies are already leveled up and so the beginning of the game should be for players around level 30ish. You will easily be able to reach level 50 on this playthrough.

After beating true vault hunter mode you unlock ultimate vault hunter mode which is designed for level 50-61 players, you will need the DLC pack (ultimate vault hunters upgrade pack) to level up beyond level 50 though. (it comes free in the season pass as well)

The post was in German, but I think these are active for the xbox version. Didn't work for PC at any rate:

CWTFG-R7YRF-P8WQV-HX6XK-WXRQB
    FGQ2W-C9MQG-7TG34-BWBMT-XFFDH
    6V2C6-WTMRX-4GHC2-BR22X-R82B9
    FBY67-JMWMH-HYKVH-QQ676-KX3YK
    89RWF-2XQRQ-QKW9G-H7T38-49M8H

edit: people complaining they aren't working on FB, so I can't verify it. There should be something incoming on twitter though, I'll post that when it's up/when I see it.

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: WBWTT-HJSC3-CW5K3-SJ5JJ-BJF69 [Active through 5/30]
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: K3CBB-5JFZC-J3S3R-5FTT3-W5RBR [Active through 5/30]
    PC / Mac SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CT53B-K3BX5-H5FTB-BTT3J-J995C [Active through 5/30]

Angron wrote: »
    The post was in German, but I think these are active for the xbox version. Didn't work for PC at any rate:

CWTFG-R7YRF-P8WQV-HX6XK-WXRQB
    FGQ2W-C9MQG-7TG34-BWBMT-XFFDH
    6V2C6-WTMRX-4GHC2-BR22X-R82B9
    FBY67-JMWMH-HYKVH-QQ676-KX3YK
    89RWF-2XQRQ-QKW9G-H7T38-49M8H

edit: people complaining they aren't working on FB, so I can't verify it. There should be something incoming on twitter though, I'll post that when it's up/when I see it.

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: WBWTT-HJSC3-CW5K3-SJ5JJ-BJF69 [Active through 5/30]
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: K3CBB-5JFZC-J3S3R-5FTT3-W5RBR [Active through 5/30]
    PC / Mac SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CT53B-K3BX5-H5FTB-BTT3J-J995C [Active through 5/30]

They've just tweeted there that there'll be another shift code on the FB page soon. The codes at the top were for the Krieg DLC, first come first served. Looks like they went fast!

Ah, that explains the 1000 Microsoft points in it, I thought it was saying they were codes and then advertising the DLC.

Angron wrote: »
    Ah, that explains the 1000 Microsoft points in it, I thought it was saying they were codes and then advertising the DLC.

I think it was something along the lines of saving a 1000 points?

Here are the Shift keys, good until the end of May at least.

PC / Mac: KBCJT-JJJ6W-9WXJB-BTBTJ-XJWTF

Xbox 360: K35T3-TJR95-TBS36-WXBT3-T35CS

PlayStation 3: CB53J-XJZCB-5CC5B-H3WTJ-WX95B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

steam having a sale on borderlands currently. 75% off most except season pass.
    got first goty fir 7.50

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

Just a question to ask the pc BL2 players out there.
    I have BL2 on PS3 and have levelled my siren to 50 on the 2nd playthrough.
    But I have bought BL2 for pc now (thank you Steam sale) and was wondering is it possible to copy the ps3 save to the pc? Or is there a bit of messing about to be done?

Thanks

• Advertisement

GarH wrote: »
    Just a question to ask the pc BL2 players out there.
    I have BL2 on PS3 and have levelled my siren to 50 on the 2nd playthrough.
    But I have bought BL2 for pc now (thank you Steam sale) and was wondering is it possible to copy the ps3 save to the pc? Or is there a bit of messing about to be done?

Thanks

I don't believe you can.

Advertisement