Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

The first 2 sets of codes are "First come first served" so may not work for much longer. The xbox codes just worked for me:

PS3: 5JWBJ-3XXB3-FRKKT-STW3T-BTZBB.

WinPC/Mac: 5JKJJ-XCZJW-BS6JT-JTB3B-ZSW56.

X360: 5JCTB-B9XJ9-KWSB6-5FJBB-33KH5
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    PS3: CTKTJ-WRX3T-FRCKJ-ZB5J3-HRJC3.

WinPC/Mac: CJW3B-ZCZTC-JZXT3-3JBJ3-XTRWF.

X360: KTWT3-5Z6BH-WWSB6-KR33B-CF5WX

And the codes below should be good until 27th May, possibly later:

PS3: CJK33-35SCJ-WKCC3-S3CJT-RWXXC

WinPC/Mac: C3WJ3-6B3FC-Z5XT3-B3J3B-KH669

X360: KTKTJ-F369W-TBZ3R-WFT3J-RS9WZ

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

This is driving me nuts. I've just started the single player game and although I've cleared the Best Minion Ever stage and am fighting Captain Flynt, every time I save and exit from the game, it brings me back to the Berg and I've to go through all enemies (Boom Boom, etc) again.

The icon for a game save appears at various points throughout the game, but this is the 3rd time it's happened and I don't want to do it again. Am I missing something?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I believe those saving icons are more for checkpoints, and saving info like stuff you've picked up. When you quit the game, it'll bring you to the last fast travel location you've visited, which in that case would be Liar's Berg. If you've beaten Flynt, you'll have to go on Claptrap's ship to avoid having to do it again.

Angron wrote: »
    I believe those saving icons are more for checkpoints, and saving info like stuff you've picked up. When you quit the game, it'll bring you to the last fast travel location you've visited, which in that case would be Liar's Berg. If you've beaten Flynt, you'll have to go on Claptrap's ship to avoid having to do it again.

So I have to beat Flynt first? That's quite a bit of gaming in between saves! I'll give it another shot this week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Pretty much, yeah. Once you have a decent enough weapon, and are at a decent enough level you'll be grand. What class are you playing as, out of interest?

• Advertisement

Ok, thanks - I'll have to make sure I get to a fast travel location before quitting the next time.

I'm playing as a the Gunzerker. Not that keen on his special skill just yet as it mixes the weapons but I guess I'll just get used to it.

Yeah, you'll get used to it, and some aspects of it can be massively helpful, like when you can get health regeneration. Also, he gets one of the best named skills ever, Sexual Tyrannosaurus.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The save points are just for respawning after you die, but when you exit the game and go back into it, you're brought back to a spawn point for the level (whichever one you entered the level from). So yeah, you'll have to beat Flynt (he's kinda the end of level boss anyway, so you'll go to a new location after beating him and can exit the game then). Make sure to get the health of other bad guys down so you can use them for second winds and stay alive. Other than that, just fight through it. Gunzerker is awesome once you start unlocking more abilities.

Have power-levelled Kreig to Level 25 and tried to start playing through the game with him, but just can't bring myself to play through the story 3 more times, and the DLC again. They really should have all three difficulty modes unlocked from the start. I'd power-level him to Level50 and play through UVHM again if I could, but having to go through Normal and TVHM again just to get to that is soul killing. Even though I was killing everything in one shot last night, it's waiting for Claptrap to do things, having to listen to Echos again etc. Just can't be arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Yeah there's no way I can put in the hours to level up another character. Not this year anyway. I remember coming back to BL1 after a year or more and playing with Lilith...had only done Axton...and it was awesome...probably do the same again.

I still have dark souls sitting in a box untouched as I can't get away from this game but I've nearly levelled up my GZ to 61 now so once I'm done I'll go for a few legendaries and a bit of boss-killing and then pack it in for a while.

• Advertisement

Yeah, this might push me to actually start Borderlands 1 now. Pretty much the same game, but all new considering I've done the story of BL2 six times and the DLC at least 3 times each.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Tina cracks me up

Tina cracks me up

She's a big part of the next DLC (well, it's named after her anyway) out in a few weeks. I agree though, she's one of the best characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Some screens of the next DLC here http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15030-Borderlands-2-s-Tiny-Tina-s-Assault-on-Dragon-Keep-Gets-First-Screens.html

If asked a month ago I would have said I can't wait for it , now after 3 weeks away from the game I find myself in no hurry back to it, way back when they spoke about this they said it would be the biggest DLC of the 2 games ....... I'll believe it when I see it, lets just hope they spent the last 6 months entirely focused on this and didn't take people off it to work on the farce of getting UVHM out to shut the whingers up, who now whinge about having to use slag weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

20 minute preview of new DLC (including hilarious intro, lots of gameplay, info about DLC context and commentary by writer Anthony Birch).

I skipped Hammerlock's DLC, but I really like the look of this. They're really having fun with the setting, and I have a feeling there will be lots of laughs.

Day one buy just for Tina's dialogue alone lmao words like skelements and baddos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

calex71 wrote: »
    Day one buy just for Tina's dialogue alone lmao words like skelements and baddos :D

Day One! Sure we already paid for it.

Not sure if it's in the video but Eridium Slot Machines will be in the new DLC

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Eridium_Slot_Machine

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Day One! Sure we already paid for it.

Some of us don't do season passes ..... just have a hang up about paying for something in full that isn't out yet and the fact that I trade stuff so soon.

Is it just me or is most of that video, cool and all as it is, just recycled environments from the last DLC and Dr. Ned from the 1st game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Some of us don't do season passes .....

I was positive you had the season pass, you are like BL2's number 1 fan!

You have put more time into that game than some of its developers have while making it :pac:

• Advertisement

Wow, this is actually a really great video. Doesn't explain his background or anything like they implied it would, but still, credit where it's due this is a nice video

See if they had put actually something like that into the game instead of just giving us a character then it really would have been worth buying, kind of like a prologue with the adventures Kreig and Maya and it would have been insta buy for me.

To my shame I haven't actually been playing since he was released so haven't seen him played or how he works with the group on raids.

That will change next week though as I have a clear week and am going to do my long threatened sort of all my mules, Pistol and Shotty seem to have acquired shields and launchers etc and SMG has assault rifles and class mods :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

See if they had put actually something like that into the game instead of just giving us a character then it really would have been worth buying, kind of like a prologue with the adventures Kreig and Maya and it would have been insta buy for me.

To my shame I haven't actually been playing since he was released so haven't seen him played or how he works with the group on raids.

That will change next week though as I have a clear week and am going to do my long threatened sort of all my mules, Pistol and Shotty seem to have acquired shields and launchers etc and SMG has assault rifles and class mods :D
    i'm off sunday night to thursday night.....it's like it was meant to be chief

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Slightly off topic but iv just finished borderlands 1, great fun, terrible ending. Just wondering should I play the dlc or move onto BL2? I have both in my steam library

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but iv just finished borderlands 1, great fun, terrible ending. Just wondering should I play the dlc or move onto BL2? I have both in my steam library

Hmmmm the Knoxx DLC and Claptrap ones are well worth doing but Borderlands 2 is so much better over all. I'd say if you ever intend to play the DLC do it now as after you play BL2 you might find it harder to go back to the 1st game.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Well I capped out at 61 on Sunday night and was doing the treasure room glitch to get some legendaries, think I deserved some after completing the story 3 times with nothing dropping on my UVHM playthrough. Picked up some really nice stuff, the Sham, bonus package, infinity, slagga and went back to doing the Torgue DLC for the 3rd time...
    Left my game open to public but was just getting people in trying to level up their characters so I said I'd join someone elses game...picked one of the missions I was to complete and they were in Sanctuary...step outside the fast travel room and there's legendaries strewn everywhere...actually I say strewn and what I actually should say is big bunches of legendaries and pearlescents and uniques separated out at various points around sanctuary into their gun types, we're talking hundreds...couldn't resist so I picked up a load...now I have every legendary I want, good right?...apparently not, went back to play some yesterday and I fear my desire to play has been quenched...I think I've killed it :(

GK1001 wrote: »
    Well I capped out at 61 on Sunday night and was doing the treasure room glitch to get some legendaries, think I deserved some after completing the story 3 times with nothing dropping on my UVHM playthrough. Picked up some really nice stuff, the Sham, bonus package, infinity, slagga and went back to doing the Torgue DLC for the 3rd time...
    Left my game open to public but was just getting people in trying to level up their characters so I said I'd join someone elses game...picked one of the missions I was to complete and they were in Sanctuary...step outside the fast travel room and there's legendaries strewn everywhere...actually I say strewn and what I actually should say is big bunches of legendaries and pearlescents and uniques separated out at various points around sanctuary into their gun types, we're talking hundreds...couldn't resist so I picked up a load...now I have every legendary I want, good right?...apparently not, went back to play some yesterday and I fear my desire to play has been quenched...I think I've killed it :(

Soloing raid bosses in UVHM kept me going for a while, warm up by annihilating Pete a few times then on to the others ..... not gee though just not worth it in terms of reward. But I found the challenge of getting slapped around and experimenting with different builds and loadouts very rewarding even after all the hours I spent playing with my original set up ....... how or why I overlooked moneyshot for so long drives me mental love running around hyperious with my shilds down praying for my health and ammo to regen before his nova and the procs to kick in from the reload.

Might have said thisi before but when you finally realise that 99% of legendaries are nothing but useless trophies and wallhangers in UVHM you soon lose interest no mater how many new guns you have yet to collect :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Whens the new dlc out? cant remember last time i fired uo the xbox, xbox one has pretty much killed my interest in the machine

Arawn wrote: »
    Whens the new dlc out? cant remember last time i fired uo the xbox, xbox one has pretty much killed my interest in the machine

Killed it in a good way, or in a bad way? :pac:

Tiny Tina's DLC is out the 25th of June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

just gone back to this recently and having a bit of a problem with Hammerlock DLC. Despite downloading it several times it won't install, I can't find it on the hardrive etc

If I go into the addition content menu or whatever it's called it already says downloaded...

Any ideas?

Advertisement