Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow that was just brilliant!! The futurama take my money pic is way too over used but would be totally justified here.

I love how hammerlock has broken glasses from saluting himself with his robotic arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mr E wrote: »
    Borderlands 2: An Introduction by Sir Hammerlock

serisouly just ****ing take my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Had resigned myself to having to get this on the xbox, but seems the specs are relatively low.

My pc has the following:

Intel Core Quad 8200 @2.33GHZ
    4 GB Ram
    GeForce 9600GS

According to this site: http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=2287&game=Borderlands%202 I should be able to run it, no idea how reliable that is though....so should I gamble and get it on the pc, or play safe and get it on the xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

"....but anyway, lets talk violence!"

Yes, lets :D

Man cant wait for this. that vid needed more CL4P-TP though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

according to that video they took borderlands 1 and set it on "11". Looks great and i love all new locations.

one thing i really like about it - split screen. i am getting PC collectors edition, but i will be getting console version too to play with buddy later on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

according to that video they took borderlands 1 and set it on "11". Looks great and i love all new locations.

one thing i really like about it - split screen. i am getting PC collectors edition, but i will be getting console version too to play with buddy later on.

Was wondering the same, i could go splitscreen with my son instead of buying him a second copy on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dcully wrote: »
    Was wondering the same, i could go splitscreen with my son instead of buying him a second copy on PC.

it would be still cheaper 2xpc versions though. and you both know that you will have better experience on pc ;)

in my case, my buddy is not a pc gamer and not a big gamer at all, but we had a lot of fun on weekend with some beer and re5.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Anyone wrote: »
    Had resigned myself to having to get this on the xbox, but seems the specs are relatively low.

My pc has the following:

Intel Core Quad 8200 @2.33GHZ
    4 GB Ram
    GeForce 9600GS

According to this site: http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=2287&game=Borderlands%202 I should be able to run it, no idea how reliable that is though....so should I gamble and get it on the pc, or play safe and get it on the xbox?

It'll run fine on that. Your graphics card is more than up to the task. The first Borderlands ran very well for me on a min-spec laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Well of course I'm getting it for the PC. Why would I want to buy it for sub standard gaming devices like Xbox or PS3? :p

Dont even start that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Have they made comparing guns any easier? I always got confused looking at guns with lower damage but more X7 or whatever (wait, was that multiplier for headshots?! :confused:).

I used to use the price of the gun to decide what I kept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

grizzly wrote: »
    Have they made comparing guns any easier? I always got confused looking at guns with lower damage but more X7 or whatever (wait, was that multiplier for headshots?! :confused:).

I used to use the price of the gun to decide what I kept.

You meant the elemental damage multiplier? It's all covered here:
    http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Elemental_Damage

Yes, it's quite complex. But I liked that as it encouraged experimentation with the different guns. No need for games to dumb everything down IMHO.
    I hope they keep it in Borderlands 2, or something similar.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just a quick question guys,I'm about to get borderlands and I'm just wondering does anything transfer from the 1st game to the 2nd like in mass effect?
    Might change what system I'm getting it on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Well pre-ordered, just got to wait for the date now, I went and bought Borderlands 1 just to check if it runs on my pc(I had completed it on the xbox) and it runs pretty well, havent any issues at all.

I have started replaying it though after a few years away...because...well...you know...its Borderlands :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Just a quick question guys,I'm about to get borderlands and I'm just wondering does anything transfer from the 1st game to the 2nd like in mass effect?
    Might change what system I'm getting it on

There is ment to be "rewards" if BL2 detects a BL1 game save even if it's not a finished game save file. I think that is for the 360 and PS3 only. Don't know about the PC version.

I just preordered this on Gamesnash.ie. Have to finish Sleeping dogs before it gets sent out but I dunno how I'm going to juggle this, Fifa and Resi 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I just preordered this on Gamesnash.ie. Have to finish Sleeping dogs before it gets sent out but I dunno how I'm going to juggle this, Fifa and Resi 6.

Don't buy Resi 6... That would solve a lot. :D Capcom don't deserve your (anyone's) money :pac:

Don't buy Resi 6... That would solve a lot. :D Capcom don't deserve your (anyone's) money :pac:

Believe me, I feel the same about Crapcom but my gf who rarely plays games is gonna play through co-op with me as she really enjoyed Resi 5 and I can't complain as it gets me more gaming time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,358 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Any pc owners preorder the game for cheaper than 37 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Headshot wrote: »
    Any pc owners preorder the game for cheaper than 37 euro?
    Yeah. Just preordered it with Amazon the other day. Dont mind not getting it on launch day. The Monday or so after that will be alright with me but then again the delivery to me will be quicker since I'm in the UK.

Amazon will cost you €32 for a boxed copy and you get the Premier Club DLC with that too, as with most preorders.
    B2PClub._V144942801_.jpg

Digitally, I'm not sure you'll get it cheaper than €37

Right, Just saw on GreenManGaming that you can get 25% off the game (or any other game for that matter) bring the price down to £22.50 (€28.50) making it the cheapest, either digitally or in a boxed copy as far as I can see.
    Just use this code at the checkout to get the 25% off it.
    GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I hate that there's an extra character class for pre-order's only. I know it'll eventually be released as DLC for everyone else, but I hope it's free.

• Advertisement

Wing126 wrote: »
    I hate that there's an extra character class for pre-order's only. I know it'll eventually be released as DLC for everyone else, but I hope it's free.
    It's already been confirmed to coest $10 in the US so I doubt it will be free over here.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/04/borderlands-2-mechromancer-available-october-16-for-10/

Also, apparently Randy Pichford has already confirmed that there will be 4 DLC packs in around the same price he quoted for the character class.
    Borderlands 2's Mechromancer DLC should be available October 16 for $10. Eurogamer reports Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford dropped the current date and price estimate this weekend at PAX Prime.

The Mechromancer will be the fifth playable class in Borderlands 2, which you can still get bundled at no extra cost with a pre-order of the game. Publisher 2K Games also recently announced there are four $10 DLC packs planned for the game by next June, which are also available through a $30 "Season Pass." Immediate upsell, upsell, upsell.

thanks alot kearneybobs. Maybe im blind but where did you get the 28.50 price from?

Headshot wrote: »
    thanks alot kearneybobs. Maybe im blind but where did you get the 28.50 price from?
    Ah crap, sorry. Since I'm in the UK, I'm being quoted in her majesty's pounds. did a direct currency conversion from that. I have a feeling they are trying to sell it to you for €50 before the 25% off, no? Sorry for getting your hopes up if that's the case.
    Unless you know of a way to get charged in pounds then it might be best to stick with the boxed copy with Amazon.
    On a side note, I'm really tempted to get Hitman from them for £20 using that offer I mentioned above.

Ah crap, sorry. Since I'm in the UK, I'm being quoted in her majesty's pounds. did a direct currency conversion from that. I have a feeling they are trying to sell it to you for €50 before the 25% off, no? Sorry for getting your hopes up if that's the case.
    Unless you know of a way to get charged in pounds then it might be best to stick with the boxed copy with Amazon.
    On a side note, I'm really tempted to get Hitman from them for £20 using that offer I mentioned above.

no worries I still was going for the amazon one since I like hard copies but I just curious about the 28.50

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

It's already been confirmed to coest $10 in the US so I doubt it will be free over here.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/04/borderlands-2-mechromancer-available-october-16-for-10/

Also, apparently Randy Pichford has already confirmed that there will be 4 DLC packs in around the same price he quoted for the character class.

Tiny bit tiffed at that since I'm not getting it at launch but what can ya do? Cheers man!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I won't be able to get it at launch either, but i don't really mind not getting the new character. Will be playing as the Zer0 and either Maya or Axton anyway.

Just looking at the character info on the wiki page. Love Axton's
    Axton wrote:
    Likes - Using his Sabre turret to support his fellow vault hunters.
    Dislikes - Cats.

I've preordered it from a shop, to collect on launch day, though just the standard edition. Will the extra character class be available to me or is that only online purchases?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Right, Just saw on GreenManGaming that you can get 25% off the game (or any other game for that matter) bring the price down to £22.50 (€28.50) making it the cheapest, either digitally or in a boxed copy as far as I can see.
    Just use this code at the checkout to get the 25% off it.
    GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G

Thanks for that, it's showing as €49.99 on GMG, which would leave it at €37.50 after the 25% off!
    Still cheapest I've seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fibrescale

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/09/05/borderlands-2-welcome-to-the-gun-show
    Just a preview of the types of guns we can be expecting. Seriously can't wait for this game now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Fibrescale wrote: »
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/09/05/borderlands-2-welcome-to-the-gun-show
    Just a preview of the types of guns we can be expecting. Seriously can't wait for this game now.

"Firing increases accuracy"

:D

Gun5.jpg

One of those with increased damage would be nice...

Advertisement