Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I presume I can store guns in sanctuary now yeah? Had to drop some to pick up anything cool I've found so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

meh storing guns isn really necessary. I've not swapped any of my guns in forever. You will swap guns as you level up. people only store legendaries and black gear

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

You should create a 'bank character' and send all the stuff you want to hold onto...err...to.

And 'black gear'? please explain?
    Are these eridium rewards?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

GarH wrote: »
    You should create a 'bank character' and send all the stuff you want to hold onto...err...to.

And 'black gear'? please explain?
    Are these eridium rewards?

Black weapons, shields, 'nades are modded weapons and can only be stored in the bank vault. If you save and quit with a black item equipped, it'll be deleted the next time you load up.

They're a waste of time tbh. I had one once when someone joined my game and dumped a load of legendaries. It was a modded rocket launcher that was essentially a more powerful Norfleet. Caused the game to stutter after one shot so I got rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

At 22 with Zero and still using a lvl 11 corrosive gun from Tiny Tina's rewards, and so far I've not had a single better corrosive weapon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Varik wrote: »
    At 22 with Zero and still using a lvl 11 corrosive gun from Tiny Tina's rewards, and so far I've not had a single better corrosive weapon.

that is the single best gun in the game for about 80% of it. I freakin love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

that is the single best gun in the game for about 80% of it. I freakin love it.

Say that after you've found a double penetrating harold pistol ;)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm liking the fire pistol thingy Captain flint dropped at the moment.

Grabbed the season pass today, will download it over the weekend. Are they seperate stand alone campaigns or is it a case of just finding the releveant person in Sanctuary and initiating the quest with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Places will open up as fast travel options. Then when you go there, there'll be a cut scene and you'll see what the story is from there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

To start each DLC, you have to use a fast travel station to go to the relevant area. Badass Crater for Mr Torgue, Oasis for Captain Scarlett, Hunter's Grotto for Sir Hammerlock, and the Unassuming Docks for Tiny Tina's one.

You can do them at your leisure, but you'd wanna be into the 30s for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Finish the main game, then do the dlc would be my advice. Theres loads of jokes and spoilers in the DLC that will either ruin the main plotline or you wont get them.

I hadnt played in over a year, I went and did Capt Scarletts, Torgues, tried Hammerlocks, but didnt like it, so skipped it and went to Tiny Tinas.

Sounds good. Yeah i'll carry on with the main story and side missions for a bit before i go near them I reckon anyway.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sounds good. Yeah i'll carry on with the main story and side missions for a bit before i go near them I reckon anyway.

the main one not to go near is Tiny tina dlc, that one has massive spoilers for the main story.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I just remembered what Eridium did after leaving the game alone for a while and going back to it recently, I've been getting by with 200 pistol and 50 sniper ammo for Zero since starting playing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

are all the dlc worth getting that are reduced at the moment? Ive just started the main campaign after getting it cheap last week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭eirebread

Planetside 2 is an outstanding game, I'm downloading it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

sweetie wrote: »
    are all the dlc worth getting that are reduced at the moment? Ive just started the main campaign after getting it cheap last week.

No idea how cheap they are, but I found the extra content brilliant so far. Not the skins etc, the actual gaming content.

sweetie wrote: »
    You downloaded it, did you? I did myself, and got the DLC at the same time because it was cheap. If you didn't, I'd suggest bringing it back, try get your money back and wait for the GOTY. You'd save yourself a lot of money in the long run. If you downloaded it, well, no way of guessing when the DLC will be on sale again, so yeah... I haven't started on the DLC yet. Still doing side stuff on the main game before finishing off the main story.

Edit: I'm having problems on one particular mission. Anyone around level 30+ here?
    I think its called Safe and Sound.

There is a big crystal type monster called Blue. He regenerates health and is damned hard to kill. He is two levels above me, I'd get over to him, be attacking for ages, sometimes I get his health down to around a quarter, then his health regenerates, I run out of ammo or he kills me. Would appreciate if people who are at level 30 or anywhere above that could help me out with this guy. My gamertag is Pushtrak.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

dlc is worth it yes

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

DLC felt more of the same to me. I think you'd be okay with them if you haven't played the game in a while or are going through the campaign for the first time. But by the time I started playing them I was on play through 3 on ultimate vault hunter mode and I was kinda of getting bored with it at this stage.

Looting at this point was pointless, went through the first 2 dlc's and it was extremely rare to find any loot worth taking over the golden vault equipment and the raid bosses are designed for 4 players and I was only playing with one other player so there abit too difficult for us on our own.

Quality of the missions and storylines felt about the same as the main campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ellodaking

Pushtrak wrote: »
    You downloaded it, did you? I did myself, and got the DLC at the same time because it was cheap. If you didn't, I'd suggest bringing it back, try get your money back and wait for the GOTY. You'd save yourself a lot of money in the long run. If you downloaded it, well, no way of guessing when the DLC will be on sale again, so yeah... I haven't started on the DLC yet. Still doing side stuff on the main game before finishing off the main story.

Edit: I'm having problems on one particular mission. Anyone around level 30+ here?

There is a big crystal type monster called Blue. He regenerates health and is damned hard to kill. He is two levels above me, I'd get over to him, be attacking for ages, sometimes I get his health down to around a quarter, then his health regenerates, I run out of ammo or he kills me. Would appreciate if people who are at level 30 or anywhere above that could help me out with this guy. My gamertag is Pushtrak.

I can give you a hand this evening if your online??
    I'll be home from work at about 7.
    Add me if your on and i'll help.
    GT is A Chil3an Min3r

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

got it from my hungarian cousins last week ;) I might just buy the 3 reduced one's for later and wait for a sale on tina.

ellodaking wrote: »
    I can give you a hand this evening if your online??
    I'll be home from work at about 7.
    Add me if your on and i'll help.
    GT is A Chil3an Min3r
    Cool, much appreciated. I'm helping someone with Gears 3 right now, but will switch over to Borderlands 2 when you are up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Very easy kill, just get a sniper rifle, sit back and ping his leg crystals or run in and smash them with melee. Avoid other weapon types

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mr E wrote: »

lmao at the 1st comment "better be part of the season pass" could mean it or could be sarcasm re: the entitlement some felt to a lvl cap increase

either way /shakes fist at hyperion moon base

Also this is coming from Randy Pitchford aka Peter Molyneux the 2nd and total nob !!!

Very easy kill, just get a sniper rifle, sit back and ping his leg crystals or run in and smash them with melee. Avoid other weapon types
    Yep, I ranked up once, got a better sniper rifle and got it done solo earlier on.
    The sniper I had before, I'd take out 3 of the legs, and the first would regen. And then I'd run out of ammo or die.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

PC : 5JKBJ-K9WHW-WBZTJ-T3TTB-TW9HR
    XBOX 360 : CB5BT-T3JJ3-S6HTX-C63TJ-CSKSK
    PS3 : WT5TJ-6ZJ9J-SH5WJ-SBWTT-693S6

Apparently gets you some item, will be at the level of the character you first play as after redeeming.

Angron wrote: »
    PC : 5JKBJ-K9WHW-WBZTJ-T3TTB-TW9HR
    XBOX 360 : CB5BT-T3JJ3-S6HTX-C63TJ-CSKSK
    PS3 : WT5TJ-6ZJ9J-SH5WJ-SBWTT-693S6

Apparently gets you some item, will be at the level of the character you first play as after redeeming.

New code every day through sunday, just saw it on their facebook page hopefully it's more unique stuff to save me having to redo quests at lvl 61

Edit : It's a purple class mod for axton, and one new to the tiny tina dlc at that

Edit Edit: Actually didn't they mess up and then pretend they didn't mess up the skins from the dlc by saying they had a different way of delivering them? Guess we'll see those through this aswell.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1060 Looks like it will be a purple class mod for each character, new players might find these really useful as class mods generally don't improve all that much with leveling so a lvl 10 class mod will serve you just as well as the same one at level 61, and some of these are really nice if they are from the tina dlc

• Advertisement

PC: W3C3B-5JRZC-WJH33-JBJJB-9S6CJ
    Xbox: C3W33-B5JB3-SRSBF-C6TJT-F35TT
    PS3: CJWBJ-FBKST-ZZ553-S3KTB-BRK3B

Class mod for Gaige today.

Advertisement