Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

can you redeem these online? dont have access to xbox until next week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Where do you actually get them.

Edit: Damnit, they go to the character that you starts up first (standing around at the main menu) not who you play as first.

So I've got a high level item and can't use them with either my starting axton or gaige.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Varik wrote: »
    Where do we find the codes? Generally, either from the Borderlands facebook page, or from one of the twitter accounts.

Angron wrote: »
    Where do we find the codes? Generally, either from the Borderlands facebook page, or from one of the twitter accounts.

The items, and I found them. They ended up with the character that was loaded on the main menu and not who you play as fist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Edit: Damnit, they go to the character that you starts up first (standing around at the main menu) not who you play as first.

So I've got a high level item and can't use them with either my starting axton or gaige.
    Put it in the vault in Sanctuary and other characters can get it, I think. If not, try creating another gamertag, start it up with both in the game. Give the item to them, then switch in the character you want to have the item and trade the item from your secondary profile to your primary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm just about to redeem mine with Gaige, will be about level 34 if you want it (xbox)

Edit: Bugger I got a blue one ?????? anyone else get blue or did yee get purple?

Getting tired of getting psycho mods when I don't have him.
    Pushtrak wrote: »
    Put it in the vault in Sanctuary and other characters can get it, I think. If not, try creating another gamertag, start it up with both in the game. Give the item to them, then switch in the character you want to have the item and trade the item from your secondary profile to your primary.

It the level of each that the problem, while mods don't change much with level they still have the level requirement.
    calex71 wrote: »
    I'm just about to redeem mine with Gaige, will be about level 34 if you want it (xbox)

Edit: Bugger I got a blue one ?????? anyone else get blue or did yee get purple?

On PS3 and I got blue too with a purple for axton.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

i hate that you're required to have xbox gold for shift codes, makes it all so pointless (like many of the raid bosses)
    I want to play by myself for free :(

It the level of each that the problem, while mods don't change much with level they still have the level requirement.
    What level is the item, and what level is the character you wanted to use it?

i hate that you're required to have xbox gold for shift codes, makes it all so pointless (like many of the raid bosses)
    I want to play by myself for free :(

can't remember the last time I had help with a raid boss, I have to admit half the fun in this was experimenting with gear and build so I could solo them and the sense of achievement i got from it, that said I had some help with gear early on to get me started, without gold you can even get someone to drop you some good stuff :(

• Advertisement

What level is the item, and what level is the character you wanted to use it?

40 & 10

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got a not too shabby Mechromancer mod from the code. I realised though that I should never use a Tediore gun with an Anarchy build. I keep forgetting about the Anarchy to chuck the gun at people, and that bloody scream is very annoying.

Got a not too shabby Mechromancer mod from the code. I realised though that I should never use a Tediore gun with an Anarchy build. I keep forgetting about the Anarchy to chuck the gun at people, and that bloody scream is very annoying.

Bloody annoying when you go to open a chest and you reload, at lower levels it can kill you lol, and reset your anarchy, to get around it you can stop it if you are quick enough to switch weapons.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

When leveling up should I be going for an even spread over the three categories or just concentrate on one or two? So far I've been just trying to get the 2 basic skills in each category fully leveled up (am on level 14 now).

Yeah, but with tediore you can't reload cancel cause you just throw the weapon straight off. I know I've managed to avoid it with other guns though by switching quickly.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    When leveling up should I be going for an even spread over the three categories or just concentrate on one or two? So far I've been just trying to get the 2 basic skills in each category fully leveled up (am on level 14 now).
    The way I've tended to do it is seeing which tree has the best last perk, and focus on that, occasionally picking up stuff in other trees if they are handy. I've also respec'd my stuff if I've gotten a good class mod, just to take advantage of what they boost.

Course at one point I had my Gunzerker built just to get the Sexual Tyrannosaurus perk.

Go with anything that gives you health regen early on you will be able to respec anytime you wish back at sanctuary, once you get more skill points you could do a google for different builds people go with for that character.

40 & 10
    I have jumped in to games with people I know online. I have some level 50 stuff but my main character is level 39. I didn't have enough space left in my inventory or any of the storage spots in Sanctuary. What I did was created an offline gamertag, gave over my stuff to the offline gamertag who proceeded to put it in to their vault space in Sanctuary, in the Claptrap storage space and filled up their inventory. I could get that stuff back any time I want, but I'm going to leave my stuff there until I'm level 50. When I can use it. If you can use it now, you just have to:

Have the profile with the equipment give your stuff to another profile in split screen.
    Start up the game with the character you want to use it and your secondary profile in split screen.
    Trade the item from your secondary to the character you want on your main profile.

There are no barriers to trades in the game, and its a handy way of having access to more storage space. Instead of having multiples on one tag, you can have two people in one game who have a storage slot inventory space, the vault and the claptrap space.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

You are playing Zero I think? I stuck everything into the sniper tree until i hit a spot with talents I didn't want, then added some into cunning. Once I had enough points to reach stuff in the sniper tree I wanted again i respecced. I figure its better to have points you can use right now in cunning (or whatever) rather than waiting 6 levels and using something sh1te to get the point in the tree you really are gunning for.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You are playing Zero I think? I stuck everything into the sniper tree until i hit a spot with talents I didn't want, then added some into cunning. Once I had enough points to reach stuff in the sniper tree I wanted again i respecced. I figure its better to have points you can use right now in cunning (or whatever) rather than waiting 6 levels and using something sh1te to get the point in the tree you really are gunning for.

Yeah I'm playing as Zero. I kind of forgot about the whole respeccing thingg actually. Must have a proper look through all the perks later and figure out what will be most useful.

• Advertisement

I have jumped in to games with people I know online. I have some level 50 stuff but my main character is level 39. I didn't have enough space left in my inventory or any of the storage spots in Sanctuary. What I did was created an offline gamertag, gave over my stuff to the offline gamertag who proceeded to put it in to their vault space in Sanctuary, in the Claptrap storage space and filled up their inventory. I could get that stuff back any time I want, but I'm going to leave my stuff there until I'm level 50. When I can use it. If you can use it now, you just have to:

Have the profile with the equipment give your stuff to another profile in split screen.
    Start up the game with the character you want to use it and your secondary profile in split screen.
    Trade the item from your secondary to the character you want on your main profile.

There are no barriers to trades in the game, and its a handy way of having access to more storage space. Instead of having multiples on one tag, you can have two people in one game who have a storage slot inventory space, the vault and the claptrap space.

Thats really the way to go on consoles!!!!

You can give the mules cool names like grenade or pistol or assault rifle, really cool way to organise your loot, worth spending some time eridium farming so you can max their carrying capacity so they can carry 33 items each, I really don't carry much on my character since I went and organised my things like that. Can retrieve anything I want now without having to go back to the vault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

If you don't feel like chasing up the various sources of these codes then http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_Shift_Codes is a good, central place to get them all and it's pretty good for a fast copy & paste for the PC version.

PC/Mac: CBWJ3-S5CJ3-WTTCF-WX333-9STBF
    360: KBKJT-K63C6-959TT-J3TJ3-9CBKS
    PS3: WTWJ3-XHKRK-CKFWJ-ZTWBT-HXBZX

Zer0 today folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Yeah I'm playing as Zero. I kind of forgot about the whole respeccing thingg actually. Must have a proper look through all the perks later and figure out what will be most useful.

Zero. Concentrate middle tree. Seriously. LEvel 61 here and I maxed second first, then did most of the left and some of the most right

PC Mac: WJWJ3-FXC33-KT3CR-KR33J-J9B35
    Xbox 360: W3C3T-3SJCR-S5HJT-3TTTB-6KKHJ
    PS3: 5JCBB-CJR6W-WCFCJ-S3CJT-RTJF3

Maya's class mod today.

PC/Mac: CBWJ3-S5CJ3-WTTCF-WX333-9STBF
    360: KBKJT-K63C6-959TT-J3TJ3-9CBKS
    PS3: WTWJ3-XHKRK-CKFWJ-ZTWBT-HXBZX

Zer0 today folks.

Do these codes only work on the day they were given out? Meant to put this in lastnight but I forgot (made the mistake of starting The Last of Us on my brother's PS3).

I dunno, they've only really said they are putting out one code a day until the 14th, they might last until then.

With some cloud related mishaps I've managed to lose the first 3, kinda sad about losing the gaige one.
    Arawn wrote: »
    Zero. Concentrate middle tree. Seriously. LEvel 61 here and I maxed second first, then did most of the left and some of the most right

I went left right max and then centre, bosses generally require a respect but for the rest of the game I'm invisible and keep stabbing everyone while staying invisible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

With some cloud related mishaps I've managed to lose the first 3, kinda sad about losing the gaige one.

I went left max and then centre, bosses generally require a respect but for the rest of the game I'm invisible and keep stabbing everyone while staying invisible.

it the stabbing not the right skill tree

• Advertisement

Arawn wrote: »
    it the stabbing not the right skill tree

Yea you're right.

Advertisement