Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

BeerWolf wrote: »
    The online scene is kinda 'meh'. People drop in and leave and never say a single thing - they might as well be bots. This game's best with people you know!

None of my friends play it on pc there all very much inlove with battle field :( and they dont even ptfo they just arse around :pac::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

BeerWolf wrote: »
    The online scene is kinda 'meh'. People drop in and leave and never say a single thing - they might as well be bots. This game's best with people you know!

not true, some randoms are now on my friends list as they were class to game with. Even that calex71 fella made the cut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Up to level 7 on the Digistruct Challenge now, I hadn't bothered upgrading my gear due to the effort involved but now I'll have to lvl 72 geat not even cutting it. My trusty DPUH isn't even tickling the baddo's now everything is lvl 80 a rabid skag can kill you just by looking at you nearly.

Thats using a max health set of gear, bone of ancients +54% health, Legendary Beserker Mod and evolution shield , total health over 1.6 million, shields 900k and I can be one shotted by standard mobs :eek:

Level 8 !!!! this is like an hour long raid boss, took 10 minutes to solo lvl 1 , over an hour to run through it and beat 010011110100110101000111010101110101010001000110 (translates from binary as OMGWTF) at level 7

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Arawn wrote: »
    not true, some randoms are now on my friends list as they were class to game with. Even that calex71 fella made the cut

"Not true", then you proceed to say "some"... :rolleyes:

I was talking about the majority of players, not the handful - there'll ALWAYS be a few of those around that you could befriend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Do ye think it's worth it? 4.69 on Xbox Live.. I just think it'd be a balls getting all your good stuff back, between me and my buddy we have so many legendaries, the thought of trying to get all them again.....

Do ye think it's worth it? 4.69 on Xbox Live.. I just think it'd be a balls getting all your good stuff back, between me and my buddy we have so many legendaries, the thought of trying to get all them again.....

I'm asking myself the same thing after I got it and levelled to overlevel 7 , it's near impossible to play solo at this stage, because I didn't bother getting any lvl 72 gear, now I have a few pieces of OL 5 and OL 7 but those don't suit my build.

The challenge and boss run are fun to do with a group but only with a good one and not lazy or idiot players, having a siren with rez is a massive help even if all she does is stand at the top of the lvl doing nothing but rez as people fall. I also now immediately kick certain classes using legendary class mods as you can tell they have not thought about the build they are using and are just there to leech levels and loot from your game.

The other thing is really you don't have to stay overleveled when you select continue, you are asked what overlevel you want to use from 0-8, overleveled gear can be used at lower levels too so say that sham and norfleet I have at OL5 was put to work at standard lvl 72 in UVHM????? Boooooooooooooooooooooom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I have 7 mules all full of level 61 stuff, i was going to replace with lvl 72 plus stuff but really when I think about it only my main character was holding anything I actually use, when I think of it now its actually crazy using one set of gear to farm other items I'll never use......... anyone who has played enough knows that this is irrelevant :D but totally crazy also !!!!!! :o

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm asking myself the same thing after I got it and levelled to overlevel 7 , it's near impossible to play solo at this stage, because I didn't bother getting any lvl 72 gear, now I have a few pieces of OL 5 and OL 7 but those don't suit my build.

The challenge and boss run are fun to do with a group but only with a good one and not lazy or idiot players, having a siren with rez is a massive help even if all she does is stand at the top of the lvl doing nothing but rez as people fall. I also now immediately kick certain classes using legendary class mods as you can tell they have not thought about the build they are using and are just there to leech levels and loot from your game.

The other thing is really you don't have to stay overleveled when you select continue, you are asked what overlevel you want to use from 0-8, overleveled gear can be used at lower levels too so say that sham and norfleet I have at OL5 was put to work at standard lvl 72 in UVHM????? Boooooooooooooooooooooom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I have 7 mules all full of level 61 stuff, i was going to replace with lvl 72 plus stuff but really when I think about it only my main character was holding anything I actually use, when I think of it now its actually crazy using one set of gear to farm other items I'll never use......... anyone who has played enough knows that this is irrelevant :D but totally crazy also !!!!!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

I think i'll pass for a bit, 61 is good craic, still haven't beaten the Dragons so I wanna do that first! Plus, GTA 5 out very soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Any newbies playing this on the Xbox 360? I only started a few weeks ago and am level 19 currently.

Add me if you're interested. Gamertag is SteveDPirate

• Advertisement

Any newbies playing this on the Xbox 360? I only started a few weeks ago and am level 19 currently.

Add me if you're interested. Gamertag is SteveDPirate

should have a toon around that level i think , GT Calex deus

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

That's some Gamerscore you've got there Calex! I play mostly on the weekends.

If there's anybody else looking for a friendly game, add me. Cheers.

That's some Gamerscore you've got there Calex! I play mostly on the weekends.

If there's anybody else looking for a friendly game, add me. Cheers.

check oput some the games on it, gets less impressive :P

Interview here with the ****ehawk randy pitchford on the next dlc, after digistruct I was pretty much expecting them to be the same as that one, and looks like i was right.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/pitchford-interview/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: W3C3B-ZFXZJ-HHCKJ-HJKJT-SKRXS [Active through Sept. 30]
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: 535JJ-RZ5BT-9XS36-CX333-9Z3RF [Active through Sept. 30]
    PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: W3KJ3-ZXSH5-53ZJB-TJB3T-CK559 [Active through Sept. 30]

PC / Mac: CBCB3-FX9H5-KTZJT-B3JJ3-6F335
    Xbox 360: 5JWJ3-5S533-H6ZT6-5XJBB-6F6TJ
    PlayStation 3: CBCT3-3HXZT-HSCKJ-ZTK3B-5H9SB

Codes from Twitter and facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Angron wrote: »
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: W3C3B-ZFXZJ-HHCKJ-HJKJT-SKRXS [Active through Sept. 30]
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: 535JJ-RZ5BT-9XS36-CX333-9Z3RF [Active through Sept. 30]
    PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: W3KJ3-ZXSH5-53ZJB-TJB3T-CK559 [Active through Sept. 30]

PC / Mac: CBCB3-FX9H5-KTZJT-B3JJ3-6F335
    Xbox 360: 5JWJ3-5S533-H6ZT6-5XJBB-6F6TJ
    PlayStation 3: CBCT3-3HXZT-HSCKJ-ZTK3B-5H9SB

Codes from Twitter and facebook.

Those a first come first served or anyone can use them ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They are a first anniversary gift (Borderlands 2 came out a year ago yesterday).

Codes are active until September 30th.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, they say they are active until the 30th.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

DLC is on offer on X-box live at the moment. Tiny Tina's is 4.99.

There is an event running all week today is day 2 .... meant to post yesterday but there are cash prizes ..... for the US only but there is also near guaranteed loot drops, yesterday was Gwen's head pistol , today is the hornet pistol also yesterday they increased the mag sizes on dahl stuff dropped.

I can confirm I got post items within 5 minutes 1 dropped on the 1st kill the other took me 2 kills, it's running for at least a week

Full details here no point in signing up there as it's just for the cash prizes https://www.borderlands2loothunt.com/challenge
    10.13.13 - A MORE EXPLOSIVE HORNET

Check it out! Not only is the Hornet more powerful after yesterday's Dahl changes, this legendary pistol will now produce a larger explosion and an extra shot in the burst fire!

• Advertisement

New DLC out next week for €2.99, it's really just a long mission

Gameplay here http://ie.ign.com/videos/2013/10/16/borderlands-2-tk-bahas-bloody-harvest-commentary

PC / Mac: K35T3-WH566-WTHBB-33TJB-HZS6C
    Xbox 360: 5BWTB-SFRKJ-HFS3R-KRJTJ-RZXB3
    PlayStation 3: W3CJJ-XBZZK-ZH5KJ-HTCT3-HW9SZ

Good for 3 golden keys, valid until the 22nd.

Loot hunt is entering the 2nd week, kill today is Sinkhole in the fridge, he has a guaranteed drop of a Gub pistol today. Got an OP 8 one there first try and it has a massive 200 round clip :eek:

Sickening almost given how many runs I did on laney white to get one, and when it finally dropped it was an OP 5 one :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Didn't manage to get any drop from Sinkhole but did get the one from Rakkman...weird!

A nice little event they're running so it is.

entropi wrote: »
    Didn't manage to get any drop from Sinkhole but did get the one from Rakkman...weird!

A nice little event they're running so it is.

The drops are very strict regards time. They change every day at 4pm sharp.

It's worth a few runs to Rakkman, you have to pass Laney who actually drops the Gub that sinkhole did, Smash Head who drops sledges shotgun and the chest beside him and rakkman were loaded with e-tech stuff on my runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

The drops are very strict regards time. They change every day at 4pm sharp.

It's worth a few runs to Rakkman, you have to pass Laney who actually drops the Gub that sinkhole did, Smash Head who drops sledges shotgun and the chest beside him and rakkman were loaded with e-tech stuff on my runs.
    Niiiice! Gonna do that run a few times later and see how it goes. Shame my main is only lvl 48 but sure its grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finally finished the Badass Crater of Badassitude.

Lootsplosion my arse.

Ha yes thats actually a running joke on some forums, if you kill that boss again he drops a Miss Moxxie Slow Hand shotgun most times I believe.

Theres a raid boss but I haven't killed him below level 61 in an age, so not sure what if anything he drops these days, he used to be the go to guy to kill for loot for a while. A legendary every 2nd kill nearly. I have a feeling they nerfed his loot pool a long time ago as even on uvhm all he drops are hoplites and o-negatives usually.

If you want a hand putting him down a time or 10 I can help you tomorrow.

Also for anyone who didn't get the dlc today don't bother, even though it's only 2.99 it add no new weapons or enemies who could potentially drop any , it takes 30 minutes to finish and boss took me 20 seconds to kill with no potential for good drops by farming him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Also for anyone who didn't get the dlc today don't bother, even though it's only 2.99 it add no new weapons or enemies who could potentially drop any , it takes 30 minutes to finish and boss took me 20 seconds to kill with no potential for good drops by farming him.

This ^

Very disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I read on the IGN review that the boss increases in difficultly each time you fight him, basically becoming a new raid boss after a few defeats. Don't know if his drops get better though.

Advertisement