Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Penn wrote: »
    I read on the IGN review that the boss increases in difficultly each time you fight him, basically becoming a new raid boss after a few defeats. Don't know if his drops get better though.

Hmmmmm no so sure about that, it was mentioned pre-release he would be for casual solo players, but it turned out I actually missed a boss during my runs, I did all the requirements to spawn him just not in the same session so I'll see what he's like later.

Edit: Spawned the other "boss" hardly worth the effort but he does have a guaranteed drop of a legendary rocket launcher.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

PC / Mac: CJKB3-HSK6R-WJHJ3-3TTTJ-SHZSZ
    Xbox 360: KJKT3-99F5T-9FSTR-KRBJT-56WFZ
    PlayStation 3: 5B5JT-9J9HK-HHKC3-93CB3-63CZ9

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: 535TT-BCH95-9HCW3-9JWJT-XJSF3
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: W3KTB-3BH5T-9R93F-WRB3B-SZBZR
    PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: CBW3T-TTXRR-CTZJB-33TB3-Z39ZS

Good for 3 keys, valid until the 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

just got called a midget lover :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

G2play.net have the GOTY edition for €21.99, that's the base game and all the DLC for €22 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Dermighty wrote: »
    G2play.net have the GOTY edition for €21.99, that's the base game and all the DLC for €22 euro

http://www.amazon.com/BORDERLANDS-AND-GOTY-Pack-Download/dp/B00CPBZDQ8/ref=pd_cp_vg_1

BORDERLANDS 2 AND BORDERLANDS GOTY Pack: 11:99 USD

Not the full pack but a good price nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

http://www.amazon.com/BORDERLANDS-AND-GOTY-Pack-Download/dp/B00CPBZDQ8/ref=pd_cp_vg_1

BORDERLANDS 2 AND BORDERLANDS GOTY Pack: 11:99 USD

Not the full pack but a good price nonetheless.

Thats pretty good, too bad I have the lot lol

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Any opinions on the new Headhunter mission?

Pretty burnt out on Borderlands 2 at the moment.
    Finally hit level 50 a few weeks ago, but it was a chore in the end.

Mr E wrote: »
    Any opinions on the new Headhunter mission?

Pretty burnt out on Borderlands 2 at the moment.
    Finally hit level 50 a few weeks ago, but it was a chore in the end.

It's a massive troll by gearbox and a massive insult to anyone still playing the game, you have a 10 minute mission to make some poison then kill the boss, then you have to sit and listen to Granny Torgue talking for 20 minutes and you get a purple launcher off her, theres nothing hidden thats been discovered yet like in the last one you could spawn a hidden boss that dropped a legendary launcher. Pure rubbish save your money.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Facebook codes:
    PC / Mac: CBCJ3-9T6FX-KJSBT-33J3T-CKBCX
    Xbox 360: KT5BT-CJZKT-SRHJ6-5X3JJ-JWC33
    PlayStation 3: WJCJT-9CHH5-S9CK3-H3CJJ-53RBW

Twitter:
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: CBC3T-TXHSK-H9CWB-SBKBT-65H66 [Active through 12/2]
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: 5TCBB-XJSCJ-HXSJX-CRJJJ-J6R39 [Active through 12/2]
    PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: CBWJ3-BCR6R-KJSJJ-TTT3J-TZRJR [Active through 12/2]

PC / Mac: WBCTT-XX3RK-HK6TB-TTTTT-B5Z53
    Xbox 360: 5T5T3-FXFS5-J3SJX-K63TB-JXWHS
    PlayStation 3: K3KTT-TZS5B-KWKC3-HBWTJ-6WXJT

Gets you 5 keys, from facebook.

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: 5BKJT-CXZ9K-SZKC3-STC33-T5Z3W
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: CT53T-J99K6-JKKC6-WRJJ3-TZH3H
    PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: C3K33-X9ZCF-WBFKT-TJ3B3-S6SS3

and 3 from Twitter.

It didn't say when the fb key is valid until, but the twitter ones are good until the 27th.

• Advertisement

Meant to update regards the 3rd head hunter dlc, much better than the second one, not very long but does deliver in terms of festiveness and fun. You do actually get to do stuff in it as opposed to having to sit there and listen to someone talk.

2 More DLC announced

Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre is out next week and then in april there will be Sir Hammerlock and the Son of Crawmerax , both will be head hunter packs, which is a shame regards Crawmerax as that might have been interesting to flesh out a bit, doubt it will be a the loot spewing raid we saw in the 1st game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm so burnt out on Borderlands. No more, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Very late to the party for this game, picked it up in the sale a couple of weeks ago and just after finishing the story.

Any XBL players still knocking around to give me a hand with that feckin Terramorphous Thresher?

Skipped the Moxxi Head Hunter DLC (Miss Calex played it but reported a fail) but just noticed on one of the news site there is yet more DLC due out tomorrow, Headhunter 5: Sir Hammerlock Versus the Son of Crawmerax

I'll be reading up on it before a buy and even then I'd find it hard to go back to it at this stage.

Edit: Wow this actually looks to have some of the more unique looking areas in the game, a pretty nice looking under sea area. They mention a surprise at the end also ........ damn it :o

Skip to around 9 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Finished Borderlands 2 last night, got it and Borderlands 1 in a humble bundle.

Really enjoyed it but seeing mixed reports on the DLC so I'll have a read through the thread and see if I want to venture into it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep is brilliant, prob one of my favourite DLC packs

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

steve_r wrote: »
    Finished Borderlands 2 last night, got it and Borderlands 1 in a humble bundle.

Really enjoyed it but seeing mixed reports on the DLC so I'll have a read through the thread and see if I want to venture into it

Both the Mr.Torgue and Tiny Tina DLCs are well worth playing. Captain Scarlett's is good, but not great. Sir Hammerlock's is the weakest. It has some good and varied enemies, but overall is just kinda bland.

All the smaller DLC's (the themed ones) aren't really worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Cheers - I got the DLC bundled with Borderlands 1 so I know that the quality can vary!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Big bump, I know, but I got the Handsome Jack collection a few weeks ago and played BL2 for the first time. Brilliant fun, and I'd agree with the poster above who said Tiny Tina's Assasult On Dragon Keep was great. I'd go as far to say that it's one of the best DLC's I've played from any game.

Played TPS and wasn't too fond of it. Interesting to see Jack's background but there was a real lack of fun characters and dialogue compared to BL2.

Actually starting BL2 again now as Gaige.

Edit: Spent about half of my first playthrough thinking you found Golden Keys in the game. Didn't realise they were code-based. Now I've got 50 GK's for this playthrough after rooting through old code lists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, TPS had pretty much all the same great game play and looting, but it just felt so bland in comparison to TPS. The levels and enemies were fairly uninspired with little inspiration. The humour wasn't nearly as good (though Jack was still brilliant). The action skills of the characters were fairly good in fairness.

The only thing I really loved (and missed when going back to playing BL2) was the butt slam. Was always a lot of fun killing all the spiders with Oz jumps and butt slams.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Umm stupid question is the mine craft skin only unlocked for the character that finds it?

Havent played in a longtime and my new Salvador has no minecraft skin option.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sorry for awaking an old thread but quick question for those who played the game on PC.

I originally cleared this years ago on Xbox but just grabbed it for €5 on PC so was going to play through it again but with some mods.

What mods were the most popular? Might just try something with powerful weapons and lots of skill points from the start to be way over powered :)

I have 243 hours in BL2 spread across single player and co-op, I've never come across any worthwhile mods beyond the Unofficial Community Patch and even then, that's strictly optional.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

TitianGerm wrote: »
    What mods were the most popular? Might just try something with powerful weapons and lots of skill points from the start to be way over powered :)
    Not had a chance to try it but the Reborn mod (which is 150+ mods combined) is suppose to be the "best" one; see review below.

I have 243 hours in BL2 spread across single player and co-op, I've never come across any worthwhile mods beyond the Unofficial Community Patch and even then, that's strictly optional.

Thanks for that. I'll have a look at the full list later!!

Nody wrote: »
    Not had a chance to try it but the Reborn mod (which is 150+ mods combined) is suppose to be the "best" one; see review below.

I was actually watching that video last night. Looks good anyway!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I reinstalled this lastnight and wow i forgot what a masterpiece it is, i never actually completed it on any character.
    Not sure if i should do vanilla playthrough or just install that mod?

Dcully wrote: »
    I reinstalled this lastnight and wow i forgot what a masterpiece it is, i never actually completed it on any character.
    Not sure if i should do or just install that mod?

I'm enjoying the Mod. Not a huge difference but it's been ages since I played so feels fresh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement