Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thumbhole Stock Sako 75 Varmint 223

Options
  • 03-08-2011 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

A broad question to anyone who has replaced a Sako 75 Varmint laminated stock with a replacement thumbhole or tactical.Any direction would be appreciated.Looking to cut the weight down mainly used for hunting.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

If you want a lightweight stock talk to Edi (Ejg) he makes very lightweight stocks and could probably help you out with your 75.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Not sure about the Sako.
    But he makes stocks for them Tikka Masala's;)

Quality stocks from PSE Composites.
    I have used one almost 12 months now with No complaints in all weathers from -22Deg C- +23Deg C and wet snow and dry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Not sure about the Sako.
    But he makes stocks for them Tikka Masala's;)

Quality stocks from PSE Composites.
    I have used one almost 12 months now with No complaints in all weathers from -22Deg C- +23Deg C and wet snow and dry!

if you were keeping up to date with edi you would know he has a sako 75 with an ai mag conversion, its what i am thinking about for my sako

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    if you were keeping up to date with edi you would know he has a sako 75 with an ai mag conversion, its what i am thinking about for my sako

Ah Paulo
    He is not on my FB or Twitter yet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

The thing about the sako varmint is that most of the weight is in the barrel and action.
    You should take off the original stock and weigh it first then you will be able to compare the weight with any other stocks you fancy to see how much weight you can save by changing.
    Some of the tactical stocks may be heavier than the original.
    My mate cracked his sako varmint stock and replaced it with a mcMillan sako varmint one. It looks good and he says its a bit lighter but it was expensive.
    I think it was about 450 sterling then he had to pay to get it bedded.

• Advertisement
Advertisement