Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

population change by county, over last 160 years: Donegal map

Options
  • 03-08-2011 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭

just spotted this, it traces the population change by county region over last 160 years, from famine to Celtic Tiger

http://ncg.nuim.ie/content/projects/famine/maps/pop/Donegal/

Devised by the National Centre for Geocomputation at NUI Maynooth, the maps detail 3,452 electoral districts across the country

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭mamakevf

Very interesting, would be more interesting to see the the graph before the famine (if it were possible), then I'm sure it would be more dramatic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭swillybabe

really interesting... i need a job with the National Centre for Geocomputation....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭swillybabe

mamakevf wrote: »
    Very interesting, would be more interesting to see the the graph before the famine (if it were possible), then I'm sure it would be more dramatic.

if they wana pay me I'll do the project for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

mamakevf wrote: »

It does start before the famine, the first census used in those statistics is 1841. Dunno if the statistical extracts were generated for 1821 or 1831 censuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Areas out in the Gaeltacht are holding up well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Love it! that is really interesting to see the rise and fall in statistics, makes me wonder what all was happening locally in some of those periods, eg unemployment or growth and development etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Ramelton is an interesting one, huge decrease comparatively

Advertisement