Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lip piercing thickness Q

Options
  • 03-08-2011 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hey all

Feeling like a bit of an eejit here, but.. I ordered a few things off the body jewellery shop website last week for my side lip piercing. They arrived today, and they all LOOK amazing. Thing is, they're too thick!! The rings don't fit through the hole, and the balls don't screw on to my own bars. I didn't know what thickness my piercing was at the time of ordering, cos I'd no idea how you're supposed to check! The website said this size was average, so apparently mine's just small?

They're all 1.6mm gauge (14 gauge) and 10mm internal diameter but I have NO idea what that means! Can somebody please help? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Your piercing is probably 1.2mm so the 1.6mm jewellery won't fit in. You could stretch it up to 1.6mm if you wanted or see if they have a returns policy or something? If you go into a piercing studio they'll be able to tell you what size your piercing is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

kt.alice wrote: »
    Hey all

Feeling like a bit of an eejit here, but.. I ordered a few things off the body jewellery shop website last week for my side lip piercing. They arrived today, and they all LOOK amazing. Thing is, they're too thick!! The rings don't fit through the hole, and the balls don't screw on to my own bars. I didn't know what thickness my piercing was at the time of ordering, cos I'd no idea how you're supposed to check! The website said this size was average, so apparently mine's just small?

They're all 1.6mm gauge (14 gauge) and 10mm internal diameter but I have NO idea what that means! Can somebody please help? :confused:

My piercer told me that girls are normally pierced at 1.2mm and fellas 1.6mm so your probably 1.2mm but you can stretch up to 1.6mm so the jewellery is usefull or just try and return it. call into your piercer if you want to stretch up and see what he says. goodluck with it.

Advertisement