Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stickied threads (feedback)

Options
  • 03-08-2011 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I'm not much of a poster on this forum, but as a landlord and a renter who moves about quite a bit, I find the forum great for finding information!

One thing I'd just like to suggest. While there is some great useful info in the stickies, is it possible for some of them to be merged, or maybe "unstickify" some of them but put a new thread linking to the other threads, something like that?

The reason I'm suggesting this is because, when I use touch.boards.ie on my mobile, the first page is almost entirely taken up by the stickies - there are only two non-sticky threads - and it's a bit of a nuisance having to go on to page two to see the rest of the recent threads.

Say for example:
    • The FAQ General Information Thread, Quick & Dirty Renting Guide and The Equitable Houseshare could maybe be combined?
    • There are several threads for various polls (most of which don't seem to see much activity) - couldn't these be unstickied, but start a new sticky thread which would have a link to each of these threads in the opening post?
    • The "Abbreviations" thread could be included in with the Charter, Link and Resources (and maybe one or two of the others could too.)
    Just my own 2c! :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I'd have to agree, there's a lot of stickies and when viewing on a mobile device takes up too much real estate.

I'd also question the need for some of the threads, the polls in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭bytheglass

I completely agree, please combine stickies, I thought each forum were aiming to bring sticky limit to 2 to facilitate touch? Or maybe that was a rumour but I'm all for it in any case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Completely agree

Far too many of them and some can be merged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

Agree too. Theres no reason to have them. You can see they were all created and stuck by the one poster too.

Advertisement