Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner Q: create zoom effect from static images?

Options
  • 03-08-2011 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

You know the zoom-in-from-space effect you see on the news - from a country seen from space, to an satellite view of a town, to an aerial view of a building, and then inside.

How is that done? I have a set of images that I'd like to show in that way in a short video clip, say 10 seconds long.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

I found this tutorial very good for what you want. Most of Video Co-Pilot is good http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/earth_zoom/

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sysmod

Thanks, Bodhan, AE Professional seems to be what to use for the smoothest effect. For a one off-job, do you know of any tutorials involving MS Movie Maker or some other free app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Sysmod wrote: »
    Thanks, Bodhan, AE Professional seems to be what to use for the smoothest effect. For a one off-job, do you know of any tutorials involving MS Movie Maker or some other free app?

I doubt the free ones will produce what you need. I can take the files from Co-pilot and render it out but it will be as it looks on the site, zooming out from America.
    You could take the finished file into movie maker and do what you like then. Let me know if you want it and I'll send it too you.

Advertisement