Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bull**** pictures in Advertisements...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

that isn't the same house.

edit: just had another look. Definitely the same place, but the google street view is probably older than the photos in daft. One of the buildings has been completely replaced. Different front door colour etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dermo wrote: »
    that isn't the same house.

edit: just had another look. Definitely the same place, but the google street view is probably older than the photos in daft. One of the buildings has been completely replaced. Different front door colour etc.

its the same m8. google pictures wouldnt be that old +/- 1 year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

yeah, I realised it was the same after a second look. To me it looks like someone has done it up and renovated it before putting it on sale. If I was close by I'd definitely have a look at it. Maybe you can find a nice enough Mallow boardsie who can have a look :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Google street view around my house is 2 years old nearly. A car I sold September 2009 sits outside my gaff.

would you think that add pictures would be newer then goggle map? somehow it is really not likely. i would even think that this house even in worse shape.

i have allready seen a property which was in really bad shape, but in the add pictures were taken 2-5 years ago when residents were still living in it.

• Advertisement

would you think that add pictures would be newer then goggle map? somehow it is really not likely. i would even think that this house even in worse shape.

i have allready seen a property which was in really bad shape, but in the add pictures were taken 2-5 years ago when residents were still living in it.

I don't understand, it looks like you are saying that the ad pictures are worse than the google map there, but originally you meant that the google map is worse than the ad??

Anyway, perhaps the Google street view picture is older and the advert is newer, but it's hard to know for sure unless you physically go to Mallow to view the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jaakul

Google's Street View cars first hit Irish roads back in July 2008, so potentially those images in Street View could be up to 3 years old.

EDIT: But I've just been informed by a mate that supposedly the earliest live images (and the vast majority of the currently live images) are from very early 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Bit of landscaping, lick of paint. Don't see the problem. You weren't going to buy the house without visiting it anyway were you?

I don't understand, it looks like you are saying that the ad pictures are worse than the google map there, but originally you meant that the google map is worse than the ad??

Anyway, perhaps the Google street view picture is older and the advert is newer, but it's hard to know for sure unless you physically go to Mallow to view the house.

i was aiming at post earlyer, who said that his house picture was taken in 2009.

i originally say that house in way worse condition then in the advertisement, but maybe someone had an idea that it would be anather way around?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ando82

Its obvious the pics in the ad are newer, the garden shed has been completely re-sheeted (you can see rot in the corners of the timber in the google photo) and the windows in it are a different shape and size. There are 2 lamps on the gate posts in the google photos that look like they've been there 20yrs as 1 is broken in half and has filled up with crap, and theres no way the ad photos were taken that long ago because the photo quailty points to a modern camera. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

i was fooled allready once when on pictures it looked great, but in reality a dump... thanks google!
    Look at the trees to the left of the house, and you'll see some are missing in the ad. The final two small ones are gone. The small shed to the left has been redone. A gate has been put in to the left of the house.

yup, i might be wrong. this house got renewed so. my bad.

funny enough, the house i checked before was spotless with very old photos, but in reality it was falling apart. i even took photos for compare.

update, i went to see the house. took few pictures, they are in first post.

bull**** pics after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

It looks pretty much ok, nothing that a lick of paint and a bit of gardening wouldn't fix - it's amazing what a recently cut lawn and a bit of weeding can do!

Did you see inside the house? Was it worse that what was in the ad (furniture and a bit of dust/non-lived in feel aside)?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Looks like a year and a half growth. Unless someone lives there and keeps it clean, cottages like this will fall apart. I'd say if they got interest, they'd mow the lawn, trim the bushes, and sweep the path. You'd be surprised how something small like that will change the look of the house.

convert wrote: »
    It looks pretty much ok, nothing that a lick of paint and a bit of gardening wouldn't fix - it's amazing what a recently cut lawn and a bit of weeding can do!

Did you see inside the house? Was it worse that what was in the ad (furniture and a bit of dust/non-lived in feel aside)?

Well I know. It needs some work, but nothing criminally. Inside totally empty with papers all over the place. There were noone living there for awile.

My point was not that that house was bad, just really annoying Webb EA using bull**** pictures. That happened to me once already and this one just was an example.

the_syco wrote: »
    Looks like a year and a half growth. Unless someone lives there and keeps it clean, cottages like this will fall apart. I'd say if they got interest, they'd mow the lawn, trim the bushes, and sweep the path. You'd be surprised how something small like that will change the look of the house.

I know m8, but why not to do it presale?

If you sell car, I bet you will clean it inside out and make beautiful pictures of it for add?

Like I said, not a problem with current property, just annoying about false pictures. I can put on sale my car too with 3 tear old pictures, I bet it looks better...

Advertisement