Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange rate on a certain date

Options
  • 03-08-2011 5:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭

Is there any place I can check the Euro/ Sterling exchange rate on a certain date? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

www.xe.com
    you can compare currencies and see charts over time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Dermo wrote: »
    www.xe.com
    you can compare currencies and see charts over time

Just a word of warning - that is not the exchange rate that you will get in a bank. That's the commercial exchange rate. But, the bank rate won't be miles from it. Normally 2-3 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Paulw wrote: »
    Just a word of warning - that is not the exchange rate that you will get in a bank. That's the commercial exchange rate. But, the bank rate won't be miles from it. Normally 2-3 cent.

The commercial exchange rate is what all the exchange rates are based on. The majority of banks/post office etc will have variations of this. The variations will be small or large, usually depends on if they charge commission or not.

I gave www.xe.com because this is in consumer issues and I presume the OP has a problem with some company charging different prices in different countries. (I apologise if my presumption is incorrect)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Paulw wrote: »

Most websites providing this information will give you interbank rates and you can make the adjustment yourself.

These guys http://www.oanda.com/currency/historical-rates/ have a dropdown box which allows you to select interbank (midrate) or between 1% and 5% variation. 5% and more is typically the variation in the (rip-off) airport currency exchange desks while a credit card would be 2-3%.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Thanks for all the info, is there a site that will show me the rate over a period of time (1 month) as a graph

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Doom wrote: »
    Thanks for all the info, is there a site that will show me the rate over a period of time (1 month) as a graph

Sorry all site listed show what I need, thanks

Advertisement