Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace/Add legs for cooker?

• 03-08-2011 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

Have an old cooker.
    The legs that are on it, mark the lino-think the legs or whatever was on just wore away!

New Lino going down and need to fix it
    Cooker will always be moved so moving it somewhere else is not an option.

What would you guys do?
    Is there something that could be attached to the cooker at present to prevent it tearing the lino?
    Would I need to weld something on??

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

Id glue heavy duty rubber washers to the bottom of the old legs. Why would you be constantly moving your cooker? Thats the problem they are not designed for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

The cooker has a lid which needs to be lifted up every time we wish to use the stove. For the oven its fine, it stays where it is
    In order for it to open the lid fully it cant be flush with wall and needs to be moved out an inch or so.
    When the lid is down its in line with the rest of the kitchen units and I aint moving them!
    If it was up all the time it would be outta line with the rest of the kitchen units and sticking out on the floor

See my predicament!

Thanks for the Rubber Washers Idea-Any particular type?

Any other ideas welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

not really, just chunky ones. You may also consider those metal ball casters too. it would mean you can just roll it in and out. You will get them on ebay cheap enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Stronger version of this perhaps? Or buy 4 locking castors ( 2 fixed, 2 locking?).

Advertisement