Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading a carrier line

Options
  • 03-08-2011 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭

Tony,

My sister got a line put in when she built her house (6/7 years ago) and always had issues with the phone, hearing Radio 1 etc during a call. Eircom issued her with a filter for her phone line to solve this. When the exchange was enabled for broadband she was advised her's wasn't suitable. She was later advised by an Eircom Engineer that she was on a carrier line with 5 others.

Eircom advised then that they wouldn't tale her off a carrier line so I advised her to cancel her phone line and she did.

Is there a way she could get a non carrier lime installed if she was to 'come back to Eircom' as she really needs DSL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

efb wrote: »
    Tony,

My sister got a line put in when she built her house (6/7 years ago) and always had issues with the phone, hearing Radio 1 etc during a call. Eircom issued her with a filter for her phone line to solve this. When the exchange was enabled for broadband she was advised her's wasn't suitable. She was later advised by an Eircom Engineer that she was on a carrier line with 5 others.

Eircom advised then that they wouldn't tale her off a carrier line so I advised her to cancel her phone line and she did.

Is there a way she could get a non carrier lime installed if she was to 'come back to Eircom' as she really needs DSL

Hi efb
    I can certainly chase this for you and find oput. If you can PM me her address and old phone number if you have it this would help me get the information you require.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Tony, any update this issue has been dragging on since August. tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

efb wrote: »
    Tony, any update this issue has been dragging on since August. tks

Hi efb
    techs not been able to find spare cable to provide service yet so am still waiting for any good news.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Hi efb
    techs not been able to find spare cable to provide service yet so am still waiting for any good news.
    Tony

Thanks for the update.

Advertisement