Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good car repair in Waterford?

Options
  • 03-08-2011 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of quality car repair garage in Waterford that won't charge me an arm and a leg? Some eejit hit my car yesterday morning and drove off without saying a word. Going to be out of pocket myself now, as I don't want to hurt my no claims.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Charming, whats the damage is it "just" the body panel? A picture would help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

mike65 wrote: »
    Charming, whats the damage is it "just" the body panel? A picture would help.

The panel above the wheel, the wheel itself and a small portion of the bumper. Don't have a picture at hand unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

SP Heat Transfer over by Abbey Park should be able to fix up the wheel if it's an alloy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

Did you park in an area with CCTV?

• Advertisement

Cheers lads.

Nah, it was outside my house :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Deise Dolly

That's lousy. There used to be a good panel beater down by Ozier park that was pretty reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

dlofnep wrote: »
    Cheers lads.

Nah, it was outside my house :(

The street down be Bibles is mental in a car.
    Pity nobody seen who done it to your cars. The bollox whoever it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

don,t go near damien irish in slieverue thats all i,ll say, and whoever you do decide to go with ask em do they have theft cover on there insurance policy or you,ll end up car less and screwed like me! !

Right - I know the car type and colour that hit it. One of the lads saw the crash. May possibly have CCTV footage later on today. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Wilde_37

Just had my MX5 totally resprayed by Damien Irish in Slieverue. The quality of his work is first class. The price was great and I can recommend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TheVandal

M&M Motors have just opened their doors. I did the graphic work for them. Great mechanics and their prices are savage.

https://www.facebook.com/mmmoter

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

You might be able to get something back through MIBI for it

http://www.mibi.ie/uninsured-unidentifi.html

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

Wilde_37 wrote: »
    Just had my MX5 totally resprayed by Damien Irish in Slieverue. The quality of his work is first class. The price was great and I can recommend him.
    so ya actually got your car back from his garage!!! i know a fella that never saw his car ever again after dealing with him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

so ya actually got your car back from his garage!!! i know a fella that never saw his car ever again after dealing with him!!

Do you mean yourself? Your post from your old account is only five posts above this one. The punctuation and spelling are a dead giveaway.

Gadgie wrote: »
    Do you mean yourself? Your post from your old account is only five posts above this one. The punctuation and spelling are a dead giveaway.
    if that is the case then it could be anyone on boards!!

if that is the case then it could be anyone on boards!!

Not really. You're the only person I've seen who constantly uses commas instead of apostrophes.

I don't really care that much - just don't understand why you'd try to pass yourself off as a third party.

Not really. You're the only person I've seen who constantly uses commas instead of apostrophes.

I don't really care that much - just don't understand why you'd try to pass yourself off as a third party.
    that means diddly squat!! i only joined this site few months ago, so are you the apostrophe police for boards.ie then??

that means diddly squat!! i only joined this site few months ago, so are you the apostrophe police for boards.ie then??

Look, you can deny it 'til you're blue in the face, but it's pretty obvious to me from your writing style that you are 'ex_infantry man' from post #10 in this thread (and a couple of other nicks - this must be at least your fourth account now). A quick look at your post history makes me even more certain, and I also see that I'm not alone in thinking it.

I really don't care how many accounts you've had, but in a thread looking for recommendations, I think it's dishonest to present yourself as two different people, especially when you're accusing someone of something as serious as losing a car. That's the only reason I'm calling you out on it.

I'm not interested in debating it any further, and since this is a zombie thread it'd probably be best if the mods closed it.

Look, you can deny it 'til you're blue in the face, but it's pretty obvious to me from your writing style that you are 'ex_infantry man' from post #10 in this thread (and a couple of other nicks - this must be at least your fourth account now). A quick look at your post history makes me even more certain, and I also see that I'm not alone in thinking it.

I really don't care how many accounts you've had, but in a thread looking for recommendations, I think it's dishonest to present yourself as two different people, especially when you're accusing someone of something as serious as losing a car. That's the only reason I'm calling you out on it.

I'm not interested in debating it any further, and since this is a zombie thread it'd probably be best if the mods closed it.
    think what you like pal,this is my first time on boards.ie and have never had another account!!! and with regards damien irish losing cars he lost two cars belonging to two separate people on that occasion and both people one who i happen to know were out of pocket because of his incompetence!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

how does someone lose 2 cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

His premises were broken into and they were stolen together with a lot of equipment.

He didn't magically vanish them into thin air.

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    thats odd because the gardaí stated differently!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

thats odd because the gardaí stated differently!!

I could well have it wrong but at some at stage the premises was broken into and equipment was taken. I assumed it was also when the car(s?) was taken but I wouldn't know for sure.

Either way I was just explaining the vanishing reference earlier in the thread and not looking to debate a random crime

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Damien irish

I had a robbery 2 cars were stolen the insurance company fixed up the owners 'it cost me €5000 ..

I had a robbery Two cars were stolen the insurance company paid them it cost me €5000 ! That could have happened in any garage .. One of the cars was belonged to Walshs Car Sales I still do their work !!!!

I had a robbery 2 cars were stolen the insurance company paid them .. It cost me €5000 .. Nothing to do with my work ! Just bad luck

don,t go near damien irish in slieverue thats all i,ll say, and whoever you do decide to go with ask em do they have theft cover on there insurance policy or you,ll end up car less and screwed like me! !

I had a robbery 2 cars were stolen . The insurance company paid them . It cost me €5000 . Nothing to do with my work just bad luck

Advertisement