Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Hit and Miss fencing?

Options
  • 03-08-2011 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm nearly sure this is in the right section.

I was thinking of installing 5 foot high fencing around my garden. I will need around 13metres of it, but I have no idea of pricing. I have checked my local store and they gave me a quote but I thought it was rather high. (€400)

So does anyone have an idea how much 13metres of hit and miss 5 foot high fencing. I am nearly sure each panel will come in 1.8metre sections so I will need to buy 8 sections.

I'm not sure about the type of wood but what is the normal type of wood for fencing? All help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

double GG wrote: »
    Hey, I'm nearly sure this is in the right section.

I was thinking of installing 5 foot high fencing around my garden. I will need around 13metres of it, but I have no idea of pricing. I have checked my local store and they gave me a quote but I thought it was rather high. (€400)

So does anyone have an idea how much 13metres of hit and miss 5 foot high fencing. I am nearly sure each panel will come in 1.8metre sections so I will need to buy 8 sections.

I'm not sure about the type of wood but what is the normal type of wood for fencing? All help will be greatly appreciated.
    The usual timber for this application is pressure treated softwood (usually Spruce).
    Prices per panel (1.8 x 1.5m) are generally around €50.90 (see here) so it seems the price you were given is the norm.
    Wouldn't harm to shop around all the same. ;)

Advertisement