Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bandwidth Monitoring Software

• 03-08-2011 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a program that would monitor all download/upload activity through a router please? A couple of people in the house would be shating the connection. I'm not terribly interested in monitoring the exact content other than very broad categories, surfing, P2P or direct download.

Ideally it would be free but a modestly priced package might be ok.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

your router will have a page in it accessed through your browser, where you can see exactly how much up/down has been used,

usually 192.168.2.1 ...depends on router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

There are applications such as PRTG/MRTG etc that are free but your router needs to support SNMP protocol for these to work and the PC that its installed on needs to be running constantly to be updated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

NetWorx does what you want and it's free.

http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/manual/?lang=English

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Magic Beans

Thanks for the replies. I found the page on the router that gives basic up / down stats and I think that will do me for now.

I might test out that NetWorx as well, it looks very interesting.

Advertisement