Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Year BTEA

Options
  • 03-08-2011 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have completed the first year of college and am moving on to my 2nd year.

Will I have to do anything to switch back over to the BTEA or will they contact me?

I also got a letter from the social welfare saying my Jobseeker's Benefit is ending soon and I should apply for Jobseekers Allowance, should I do this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Sitec wrote: »
    I also got a letter from the social welfare saying my Jobseeker's Benefit is ending soon and I should apply for Jobseekers Allowance, should I do this?

If your Jobseekers Benefit is ending before the start of your 2nd year course then yeah apply for the Jobseekers Allowance before the benefit ends you can talk to the social when your there about the BTEA

And dont forget to post any information you get here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Im in the same boat, I was over with my local office a few weeks ago and they asked for a copy of my summer results as proof i finished up the year, He then told me that I will automatically go back on BTEA on the date I specified on the letter I got back in May. He told me that when I go back to get a letter to say I had registered back on the course and send it in.

The grant office just asked to see my results and once they saw them they put me down for the same thing starting again in September.

Good luck in Year 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Thanks looking forward to the 2nd year!

Only back from the Social Welfare Office, was talking to a woman there. She said I don't have to do anything. My Jobseekers benefit won't run out for 10 weeks and I'm back to college in 7 weeks.

As far as the BTEA is concerned I don't have to do anything. The forms will be posted to me and I just drop them back in with a letter from the college saying I'm attending the course.

Thanks again for the help.

Advertisement