Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immersion tripping system

• 03-08-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Any reason I can't put a plug on it and plug it in to a socket instead of hard wired?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

They draw too much power for a socket to handle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

yup it will just trip your sockets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Hmm well there goes that idea.

Sorry I did not put more detail in the original post as I posted it from my phone.

Basically my timer died so I bought another one and fit it. As soon as I turn on the immersion it trips the switch. I thought it was a dodgy timer so I got another one with the same result. I then wired it up directly to the original switch without a timer and that had the same result.

I can only assume there is something wrong with the immersion and that perhaps there was nothing ever wrong with the original timer.

I was hoping that wiring it in to a plug would rule out any possible wiring issue like an earth problem but I guess that will not work either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

it sounds like the element is leaking so its tripping your electrics, you need a new element (immersion element).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Doh

• Advertisement
Advertisement