Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slim Winbond drives hack !

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

justryan wrote: »
    I do not really recommend this method it's very difficult to control the dremel to cut the two traces :(

Did you try it?? How did it go?? (I'm assuming it went bad going by your post. But i could be wrong) I was meant to post my results but the parts never arrived before i went out of the country and i won't be back for another few weeks so i won't go to try it till i come back. The guides all make it look easy but i suppose somebody with shaky hands is hardly going to make a guide.

Also justryan TeamXecuter have the replacement Pcb boards on sale again in limited supply if you ruined your original board it would be best to purchase one but i recommend pre-ordering as i would say they will quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Did you try it?? How did it go?? (I'm assuming it went bad going by your post. But i could be wrong) I was meant to post my results but the parts never arrived before i went out of the country and i won't be back for another few weeks so i won't go to try it till i come back. The guides all make it look easy but i suppose somebody with shaky hands is hardly going to make a guide.

Also justryan TeamXecuter have the replacement Pcb boards on sale again in limited supply if you ruined your original board it would be best to purchase one but i recommend pre-ordering as i would say they will quickly.

Yeah I attempted it, I broke the wrong traces as it won't eject anymore. I'm on the hunt for a replacement PCB now, I've heard you can use a 9504 drive or PCB and flash the key & 0225 firmware to the drive if the write enable hasn't been locked.

Yeah I attempted it, I broke the wrong traces as it won't eject anymore. I'm on the hunt for a replacement PCB now, I've heard you can use a 9504 drive or PCB and flash the key & 0225 firmware to the drive if the write enable hasn't been locked.

Yes you can do that but M$ can detect that it is not locked and since there are TX pcb's available it might be the better option to purchase one of them as i'd say a 9504 drive would be the same price if not more expensive than the replacement TX PCB's.

I have ordered a TX PCB from ninjabox.fr they were the only supplier on the Team Xecuter website who had this item in stock, I am hoping it's actual stock and not a preorder.

Slightly off topic but it's rumoured a new Xbox dashboard is going to be released soon: http://www.consolemonster.com/newspost.php?id=0000008552

• Advertisement

Slightly off topic but it's rumoured a new Xbox dashboard is going to be released soon: http://www.consolemonster.com/newspost.php?id=0000008552

Another dashboard?? They've brought out so many updates to the dashboard since the blades it's not even funny. But if true about connecting your smartphone, i hope it allows Android and not just Windows phone 7. I'd say there will be minor changes to this new dashboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

And new Lt 1.92 and new troubles ....never ending story.

SexyJoe wrote: »
    <quote removed>

Ok thanks....pro

I just tried my first Winbond hack last night. I had originally ordered the X360USB Pro to do it but i was out of the country for a long time and when i got back it was faulty so i was not able to do it. I then tried sata ports on my own Desktop but the ports were not compatible. I then tried an old Desktop with ICH5 ports which worked for all other drives in the past but would not work for a slim. I also have a VIA 6421 sata controller and it would not work with that either so i found a guide online a while ago saying use the VIA IDE port with a IDE to SATA convertor and it should work. And sure enough it would not fit in the case while connected to the VIA controller but it would fit whithout the sata cable connect. So i got a right angled sata cable a squezed it in and soldered power cables to it and got it to fit in. So i finally got it to boot up and connected my Winbond drive to the computer and started drilling and got the police siren and stopped drilling(I used the original files by Geremia) So i got it working. I didnt even have to drill far into the chip.

Advertisement